Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Tips and hints for Single player campaign

Tips and hints for Single player campaign May contain SPOILERs

Old 03-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Registered Member

Default Help on Second Russian Level

Hey, I'm wondering if any has any advice on the second russian level, defending the factory. I'm not exactly stuck, but I already lost my tanks at %80 completed, and I'm worried I screwed the pooch.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:21 AM
Approved Member

Default Russian 2ND level

If you have anti tank guns remaining you still have a chance. Take direct control of an anti tank gun and take out the tanks, your infantry will take care of the rest. Repeat this for any section where the Germans are in danger of breaking through.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

What I done was brought everything forward (anti-tank weapons and tanks). One thing I thought helped a lot was I bought one anti-tank above the last train car. It would take out tanks that were coming in that direction.

Try to have your anti tank weapons in cross firing range, with your tanks behind them. Excluding the one mentioned above since you can’t get a tank back there.
Also mine everything leading to the trains. Then line your men to kill the enemy infantry.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

Cool

if u still havent got by that mission, ill tell you what i did.

First of all keep ur tanks and AT guns where they are, also move the guns that are dotted around the map, just pull them back. Next were you first started get the squad of soldiers and go to the boxes right next to them, there you will find anti personal mines and anti tank mines.
Start mining on the two paths to the train, in front of the tanks.(too mine u click on the inventory and go onto the mines right click them and spread them over and area. keep going back to the boxes and get more mines, just mine all the roads u can untill you run out of mines. just leave the men theyll be ok until about after 80% then will start to get malled start retreating them back to the train hav them lydown and theyll just shoot any one hoo gets by the mines. Ur tanks and guns will kill the tanks if amazingly they get throo the mines. I did this they werent even close to the train.

trust me the tanks get fukin killed i have to say
Old 03-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Smile Thank you

Thanks Scotland...

Your advice should do the trick for me.

Regards,

John
Old 04-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

idd keep your tanks with the train en you will win place mines everywehre
Old 04-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

HI.
Just keep tanks near train, and a heap of men behind a wall or some place safe.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

The best way you can finish this mission is to keep your men all around the gates... A lot of men near the boiler house and the rest at the factory office Spread your rolling guns all over the entry gates and keep your tanks out of sight... That's the way I finished this mission!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

I'm on the second mission (protect the train), playing on hard. I can get to about 93% but by then all of my mines are used up and the enemy just keeps sending wave after wave of 4 75mm medium tanks and *!#@loads of infantry.

Here's the strategy I used to get to 93%:

Heavily mine the two roads approaching the train (north and south of the ammo warehouse). After about 80%, the AI repeatedly sends waves of tanks/infantry on both of those roads. The first 3-5 waves are destroyed by mines, resulting in a graveyard of tanks to the north and south of the warehouse. Later waves of infantry/tanks use this graveyard as cover from my fixed gun emplacements. I saw one enemy tank pushing the exploded hull of another enemy tank in front of it, effectively blocking it from many AT rounds. The only way I could kill it was to send a suicide infantry assault.

Alot of the strategies listed here don't seem feasible. I had 6 AT guns firing at a 75mm enemy tank with no effect for ~8 salvos. Mines and AT grenades seem to be the only effective defense against tanks. Anyone know some good strategies for this mission on hard?

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Wink

Use other unused vehicles to obstruct the path for tanks and all......use the tractor and the lorry!!!!!!! This also provides cover for your soldiers....always use your soldiers most effectively!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the most important ones on the field with the highest abilities according to me!!!!!!!!!!!! Always place your soldiers behind shelters!!!!!!!!!!!!