Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Prang,
You'll find once you've unlocked a certain aircraft it'll become available in the training missions section as either friend or foe. Enjoy, it's an awesome game.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Prang,
You'll find once you've unlocked a certain aircraft it'll become available in the training missions section as either friend or foe. Enjoy, it's an awesome game.
Cheers. Good to get confirmation on that.

It's just unlocking the buggers that's tricky. I should've been here a year ago...

*kicks self*
Old 09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Default "New" PS3 pilot

I'd be lying if I said I was new to the game, but after I had 2 ps3's die on me I'd given the game a rest for a while. Sick of having to redo everything.(word to the wise...BACKUP)
I play in the estern time zone in North America and originally bought the game when it 1st came out.

My bro ARC-74 got me interested/hooked on this game. We always loved WW2 planes as kids, hearing stories from our grandparents about them watching the battles in the skies over Britain. Whenever my Grandad visited us from England, I'd pull out my spitfire model and his eyes would just light up! he'd take it from me and using the model, described what he saw during the battle of Britain.

Now I get a chance to fly those birds!

Anyway, slowly going through the single player mode, hopefully be up to "spec" in a couple of days
Old 09-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

welcome ARC-071,

there are a lot of great ps3 pilots here. you will have a lot of fun. check out some of the ps3 threads and get to know the guys.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC-071 View Post
I'd be lying if I said I was new to the game, but after I had 2 ps3's die on me I'd given the game a rest for a while. Sick of having to redo everything.(word to the wise...BACKUP)
I play in the estern time zone in North America and originally bought the game when it 1st came out.

My bro ARC-74 got me interested/hooked on this game. We always loved WW2 planes as kids, hearing stories from our grandparents about them watching the battles in the skies over Britain. Whenever my Grandad visited us from England, I'd pull out my spitfire model and his eyes would just light up! he'd take it from me and using the model, described what he saw during the battle of Britain.

Now I get a chance to fly those birds!

Anyway, slowly going through the single player mode, hopefully be up to "spec" in a couple of days
Welcome ARC,
If your half as good as your Bro then you'll do just fine!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

Hi guys, just got BOP today. Only played a few missions in the single player, I'm amazed to say the least. However, I tried online but didn't find anyone playing. I hope people still play, because I bet it would be great online.

I'm on PS3 and my ID is Neonic9 by the way.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue 5 View Post
Hi guys, just got BOP today. Only played a few missions in the single player, I'm amazed to say the least. However, I tried online but didn't find anyone playing. I hope people still play, because I bet it would be great online.

I'm on PS3 and my ID is Neonic9 by the way.
Plenty of online games in all categories if you tune in at the right time. Seems to start around 1800Z (UTC) and going long into the night...

Welcome to the game, have fun!

MAC
Old 09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Plenty of online games in all categories if you tune in at the right time. Seems to start around 1800Z (UTC) and going long into the night...

Welcome to the game, have fun!

MAC
Ok, also what difficulty do people play most? I chose Arcade randomly, but if I want to change difficulties can I?

Thanks for the welcome as well.

Last edited by Rogue 5; 09-22-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue 5 View Post
Ok, also what difficulty do people play most? I chose Arcade randomly, but if I want to change difficulties can I?

Thanks for the welcome as well.
If you look for games set your settings to 'Any', you will see all categories at once within a playing mode (dogfight/teambattle/capture airfields/strike).

I'd say it's pretty evenly distributed in what category people play.

MAC
Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Welcome ARC,
If your half as good as your Bro then you'll do just fine!!!
Thnx Gilly, yeah he's pretty darn good. His ps3 just died as well. Poor guy has got to do everything again...I feel his pain

See you in the skies...