Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Your right i was thinking 7 multipyer, since somewhere on forum i saw screenshot of 24K black hole and i just wandered how d hell they managed it.
Solo 1 BD hm . . . doable i think. I have some old save with ghost armor, leather dress, chaos crown and 3lvl medal, and had 82% astral ressistance. But why 1 Bd ? No beneficial spell - cant get medal for ressistances - lower overall available astral ress. Only way to heal him is Gizmo as i can tell. Cant cast Illusion so only way to kill units is to pick places to hit weak unit and some stronger behind it, and w8 for Rain of fire to reset. It`s hard challenge i agree, but prety boring.
Wouldnt 1 Red dragon be better, since you want to test overpowered orcs, just dont use divine armor. Get 3lvl medal for resistances, for healing use only gizmo (when you get it), and for mana regen there`s Magic spring. To match BD magic ress there`s always magic diploma/mage`s cape for 25%/30% so it will be almost the same.
Solo 1 dragon is tough for sure. but it`s also so monotonous I`we read here for EGD inisibility and heavy use illusion spell, for RD stone skin and also illusion, for BD never tried but i guess it`s like i mentioned above fly around , kill enemy with spells and rain of fire.

For paladin hero/paladin unit it would be tricky for sure. But for Paladin class, your Prayer ability and ressurection would be stronger 30%. And basic 30% physical/magic ress and 10% fire, and morale is easily on +2. As you said infinite repair is life saver for droids, and for blackies imba evlin is in no way connected to int of hero, you get 30% revived units no matter do you have 1 or 80 int points it`s such overpowered spell. So lets even things up a bit : 18 fights for solo paladin run (4 more since droid run you skiped 3 fights to get imba Axe of ice 3lvl), So fights could be : Battle academy (to get Holy armor skill), Tomas Torkve (for sword obviously since both droids and blackies have free -leadership% item available), Driller (for his namesake weapon and to fix difference in droids no retaliation bonus from axe) and last fight by your choice, but no Frog or Spider (since they give to high exp boost). This fights would help out with Purifier medal. I would try this myself, but my kiting skills are pretty low
No news about vampires playthrough as of yet, unfortunately my life is not only about beer, games, anymore
are there any other candidates for 14 fights plathrough? I can only think of bone dragon +eviln or although unlikely - trolls?
Well, if you find single BD game a bit boring, fair enough. It is not Remember, back in KBAP days there was no gizmo, so you had your 1000hp and that's it. Also just flying around casting flame arrow or similar will not do the job. There can be massive phys. damage dealers mind immune - skeleton archers, droids, cyclops, brontors etc, which you have to fool somehow. Some battlefields are very small - reha guardians, frog, driller...and when centre of battlefield is not blocked even melee walkers with speed 3+ are a problem. Plus of course fast flyers - bone dragons, griffins etc. You can get resistance medal with single BD. Skip debir & scarlet, come back when you have maxed higher magic, then 1st round some summon and keep slapping stone skin on it for 10 rounds, shouldn't take long. I'm hoping to get some time off during easter and do single BD game without gizmo.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

I agree with you, life shouldnt be about beer and games, it should be only about beer
I`ll try 14 fight playthrough, but not promising anything with my kiting skills (my worst map is Verona, after that is usually much easier).
It would be much easier if not that stupid counterstrike/undead uncompatibility (i know in 14 fight end game no counterstrike, but it`s frustrating bug/error). Is 38 quests max for 14 fight end game ? You did 35 with droids, and 38 with blackies, since i never did 93 quests i`m only asking if i try 14 fights end should i end on 38 quest mark.
Now i`m off to bed, working first shift today

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 04-20-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
I agree with you, life shouldnt be about beer and games, it should be only about beer
I`ll try 14 fight playthrough, but not promising anything with my kiting skills (my worst map is Verona, after that is usually much easier).
It would be much easier if not that stupid counterstrike/undead uncompatibility (i know in 14 fight end game no counterstrike, but it`s frustrating bug/error). Is 38 quests max for 14 fight end game ? You did 35 with droids, and 38 with blackies, since i never did 93 quests i`m only asking if i try 14 fights end should i end on 38 quest mark.
Now i`m off to bed, working first shift today
38 quests should be close to the maximum if it isn't. I mean, with such a serious knowledge of the game as you have, just get to the new continent and do what you can, there is usually 2-4 things to do. As far as I remember difference of three quests which I have done with BK and did not manage with droids were:
1) I killed shenobi before Uchkuk, so I lost the quest for liberating the elven queen. I was aware of this, but shenobi was much easier fight in my playthrough so I needed the exp. badly.
2) I realized that once you have wings, you can do wealthy zombie quest for buried treasure without killing small skeleton stack on scarlet
3) I forgot about Mesmer's quest about feeding him with dwarves. When I realized it later, the experience bonus from this quest was way too little for making any difference ( getting a new hero level) so I did not bother. Of course, playing with BK I had to do this quest regardless, just to get access to his BK.
Kiting. There is probably good few threads dedicated to it, just look them up. Approach enemy from roughly 90% angle (no direct approach) and force him to move a little and pause. Save a lot. and again, and again, bit by bit. Verona guardian is not that difficult, since there is wide area in front of him, so you can approach him nicely from the right hand side, and you have all the time in the world to do it since richad the cruel only comes to this area every now and then. Also, do not drag the guardian right out but once you get their attention move to the side, which also moves the stack to the side. Point is, that at some point you'll have to get past him to get the scroll. Much more difficult are guardians with narrow passages. See screenshot. It is guardian of Elon scroll by artist house in Verona. Took mi 20min. Also better stacks for kiting are fast - griffins, wolves etc. Once you gain their attention and force them to move I believe their "walking speed" dictates the minimum distance their cover before they loose you and show those question marks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kiting.jpg (483.1 KB, 53 views)
Old 04-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Approved Member

No mater how i count quests i get to 37, that`s why i asked you about number of free/no figth quests. I did simmilar thing as you with in Elon. Freed Elven queen, but killed Shenobi before promising him to bury him in Dersu, thats quest i keep forgeting.
As for kiting i know concepts, and how it`s done, but it becomes so tedious after 10+ reloads
Old 04-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

Debir - travel to Teana, training, choosing pet, amulet of Il., kings bride, fisherman
Scarlet - contraband
Bolo - 0
Rusty - bottles, rohaty, antidote
Tekron - soap, submarine, fighting temple of sorrow
Umkas - treasure
Uzala - traveler's papers
Shettera - get slave, demon in stone, Hephastus sword
Nameless - treasure for zombie, brother's package
Reha - memory grass, nasty soup, papers for DeGosh, fighting champion of arena, fighting Ktahu,
Elon - fighting Uchkuk, fighting Shenobi, Shenobi burial, open tower, falling star, fighting Gremlion
Dersu - glasses, 100 fairies (if you're lucky to find them), Bagouri love, fighting Rakush,
Montero - levers & gears, dwarves for Mesmer, fighting Hagni, axe of elements,
Verona - traveling for beer
+1 fulfilled prophecy
+1 final battle

I believe that is everything. Total is 42, so some of them are either not considered quests, or even I forgot some when playing. Happy Easter
Old 04-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

Well, I have done with bone dragons too.
But first things first. My previous post about number of quests is slightly incorrect, this time I got it right
Quest training you do not want to do, since it raises the number of fights by 2. Also, last battle with Baal is not considered a quest. On the other hand there is one more quest - Abyss on Tekron. I find out that when you get lucky with "size" of creatures down there you may get past them. It seems there are 3 "sizes" of creatures
a) large - dragons etc, from which can sometimes hide in unreachable corner. Example - behind the house of wealthy zombie
b) medium - majority of creatures
c) small - goblins etc.
I had in Abyss goblins & archdemons.
Total and definite number of quests is therefore 41.
Playing with bone dragons was fun, although baal, gremlion and ktahu were tedious. I did not take Moro, since dragon heart + voice of dragon 3 gives +3morale anyway and Moro has awkward slots. No artifact slot and a helm? There are so many wonderful artifacts to choose from : +20mana, +5mana/-5rage/turn (my favorite), crystal ball...I also needed someone with shield slot since scaly shield is always there and mirror shield is needed when fighting gremlion.
I guess it can be puled with vampires as well. Much lower defence and no resistances would be painfull, but you have drain life
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bone2.jpg (402.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg bone3.jpg (401.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg bone1.jpg (396.8 KB, 58 views)
Old 04-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Gj with BoneD Why didnt you use Paladin`s shield ?
I tryed with Vampires but their ressistances are horible Only 50% poison, and only poison dmg in 14 fight end game are alchemists at Hagny and no1 else. I guess it`s doable but i had no nerves to try more games to get Scaly set (i never use KBscaner).
I tryed to change Counterstrike to affect undead, but cant find anything in that skill description that exclude them. It works on Fairies and Giants, so i want it to work with undead also. Does any1 have idea how to fix this?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Paladin shield is +4def, tower shield is +5def on 5level creatures; i was after def, some extra bonus against undead from paly shield was not important. Did you try 14fights with vampires or just regular playthrough with single stack? 14fights playthrough is very demanding KBscanner might really be needed. At least 90% phys. res is needed = 50% without stone skin, which will be your first spell in most cases anyway. As you know, difference between having 10% or 20% phys. res and 80% or 90% phys. res is very big when you get hit for massive damage by those huge endgame stacks.
getting to 50% phys. res = scaly set + twinkling boots + crystall ball (or leather dress) + slippery cuirass. In previous challenges you job is made easier by natural resistances which lower the req = droids (20%), BK (30%) and bone dragons (10-15% I think).
You mentioned hating kiting; I was going to give a savegame with zero fights and all maps uncovered, but my PC packed up completely on Thursday and now i am on holiday, so you'll have to wait for two weeks
Old 04-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

I tired 3 games for 14 fights, and in best found Slipery cuiras and Leter dress (no KBscaner so it was quite boring All scaly set never shoved all items in shops. And i fialed miserably with Ancient vampires. I know about phys ress but i didnt have luck with right items. It must be possible, cause right now i think there is no impossible run in this game I just couldnt find right items for this playthrough.
And about kiting i can do it, but hate when i try to kite some map 20 times just to get some stupid scroll-Song of wind, or something like that

On other note, still w8 patiently for some news about anything related to KB2 from Kataury or 1C
Old 05-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Finnaly had some time to finish impy`s save form 4th page on this tread, and i must sya it was fun. Managed to pull 89 int and do 11-19K dmg with black hole (in battles it did 15-25K no idea why, but ckdamascus had same thing with his high int mage, so i guess it`s some astral dmg bug), most fights were finished in 1-2 rounds, only lasted longer to dig up chests and it payed off - 16 AK scrolls (5 elenhel, 3 raven, 3 from map scrolls, 5 digged in battles .
63lvl/93quests/15days. Needed 80K exp more for 64 lvl, i think it`s not possible.
All quests give 280K exp, i used +exp%, in almost 90% of battles, and AK scrolls only on bosses/35+ lvl enemy heroes, and invincible enemy and still got to 1,9M exp.

Spoiler alert, for those that dont want to pick up items and have fun with mega mage :

Great save game, great items as impy said : 2novice dresses,undead set, scaly set (2 items at reha, armor is free in elon underground tombstone behind 1 enemy guard), +5int ring, ancient amulet, 2helm of battle mage, +2int boots. Hearth of dragon is reward in wizard tower so who want to play dragon army try to finish that first, drakonix also reward on debir after some stone (not sure which 1), all +exp% items (memoirs-scarlet wind, belt-reha i think, gloves-verona on undead ship, 2 regalia`s you all know where to find
Bad thing is that there is no geyser spell in all game (shoal of piranha was great substitute) , and NO red dragons, i had to use eggs and then sacrifice (which isnt problem after taking crown of chaos at reha castle). In the end impy thx for sharing save game file with all.
Take care ppl

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 05-13-2011 at 10:35 AM.