Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

Well for mage its ok, warior can do it with strong melee like tirex too.And about ranged, with my arcmage gorguana ad chosha spamming gobots you have enough ranged xD
Old 01-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Approved Member

People really should posting their class, lvl, leadership and difficulty when making statement.

I have Mage on hard lvl 51 with 23k leadership and one thing i can say that bosses are really biased toward warrior like most of the game.

Their health pool is huge. I left with Zilgadis (Gremlion) and this Lizardman and one have 107k and other 120k of life. For mage this is little to high pool.

Gremlion look like have physical resistance as my Royal where doing less damage to him than to towers or he have just high defense.

Main problem for this bosses are their stomp strikes. Zilgadis have magical while Lizard looks like physical (it hit for like 8k on my Archmages but much less on my Paladins).
I have no physical resistance items and only one that give 20% to magic res :/.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Yea for my level 52 mage (on hard) this K'tau is going to be tough. I also have no physical reistance items and my defense sucks. Not sure how I'm going to do him. I think i'm down to two or three fights - K'tau, perhaps one small one i missed in tekron and the final fight.

Hum. So how best to do K'tau ?
Old 01-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

Default k'tau

Ok which troups did you use on him: This is what I am trying and 1/2 my army is dying before the first round (this is on mage/hard):
shaman (ok), forman (suck), paladin (ok), canoner (suck), cataput (so-so)
(there are no knights available)
items are magician cape, singing dagger, nicklace of firestorm, ring of mind, shaman skull, fire bracelet, golden boots, fools cap, dress of mages, scale shield, diploma a in anti-magic, dragon chain (there are no physical resitance items available)
-
attack 27 defense 25, int 51 level 55 leadership 28,808
--
I have 2 million coins so i can replace troups as needed. I was going to use lizards because I have sinigng blade but it kills morale in the group and only good lizards seem to be those giants and those digger things.
--
suggestions ?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Anything with decent physical resistance (10%+) - Guardsmen, Horsemen, Orc Veterans (their counterattack ability is great), Demons, Executioners, Archdemons, and such. All of K'Tahu attacks are physical based. Having no knights will prove to be a problem though... Still, nothing 2x Stone skin can't fix.

Try playing with Paladins hitting his armored side (armored hand) and one other unit with good damage on his weak spot. This will give you 2 units hacking at him and 3 mopping up his summons.

That is, assuming you want to win the fight with minimal losses
Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

Well I won the fight with massive losses. I don't know how you did it but the troups you suggested went down like butter. Even the orcs, trolls, dragons, and ogre went down like butter. About the only thing that seemed to have staying power was the paladin. Oh well at least he's dead.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Approved Member

So, against K'tahu your first turn as a mage should be to cast stone skin on two of your stacks. Same with your second turn. Don't attack with melee users unless against his weak spot, until you have stone skins up. Keep only one or two stacks hitting him, while the rest deals with his friends.

Trolls with Stone Skin are just about unkillable by ktahu.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

I did use only two stacks (vertan orcs and paladin). Not the entire fight but much of it they had divine armor and stone skin. The vetran didn't last long. Not 100% sure they were hitting his 'weak' point; they were near the arms. Anyways even with them there k'tau still did area damage.

Anyways the game is over (only 86 quests so i missed a few). I have a saved game so I can redo the fight if someone has a suggestion I haven't tried yet but to be honest the fight wasn't much fun; but maybe there is a trick i'm missing. The final fight was a little easier; still a bit in the way of losses but victory was never in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
So, against K'tahu your first turn as a mage should be to cast stone skin on two of your stacks. Same with your second turn. Don't attack with melee users unless against his weak spot, until you have stone skins up. Keep only one or two stacks hitting him, while the rest deals with his friends.

Trolls with Stone Skin are just about unkillable by ktahu.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:54 AM
Approved Member

As mage lvl 56 I used 2 stacks: paladins and knight. If you don't have knights (not even in castle at debir?) you need another troop with physical protection instead.

I positioned paladins at his leg - paladins do the damage to ktahu and give another round to knights. Knights block paladins from moving backwards at ktahu leg kick and kill other troops (circular attack). In this aligment surface exposed for melee attacks is minimized. I don't use weak spot because ktahu will change position and paladin and knights are slow.

Paladin and knights will increase defense with 90% after some hits. With frenzy lvl 1 the knight will have a very high attack after a while.

Problematic troops are tirex - will fear paladin/knights - and gorguana with magic attack (stone skin will not protect from this, divine armor is expensive and it last less time)

I used wanderer scrolls before fight.
Spells: stone skin, dispel, geyser to reduce gorguana numbers, calm rage for more mana, phantom paladins or ressurect from time to time.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

Yea i just went back and checked; no knights in verona or debir. I had enough for one stack this game and I used them in eron on gremlion.Kind of sad. In fact this game there were very few trolls and ogre also (not one complete stack of either @ level 55); i.,e 27. No demonologist loaded this game either. Hum. Maybe I was a bit unlucky.