Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

why not do a game where u get a 100% pet dragon kill xD
Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

actually I gave it a second thought today at work (where else). So if you still enjoy KB and would like to try it from different angle then keep reading.

Rage generators :
passive : rage potions, toadstool liquor, sign of rage, dwarwen beer, fruit of tree of life, fountain of rage..
problem with passive rage generators is their limited supply. One should chain fights in order to maximize usefulness of rage.

active : spell damage - both direct and indirect (burning..) is classed as spell book damage.
unit damage - both attack and retaliation of unit is classed as troop damage
AoE damage on own units - bingo. That is what I thought first. You kill some of your own units (not enemy units) with let's say fire rain and gain massive rage. Help yourself with pain skull, spear of rage etc., job done. For some mysterious reason however, if you deal damage to your own units via spells, in the final screen it will be considered as spell damage! One would have thought that classification of damage only counts delivered damage by player to enemy ; not including damage to his own units.
items - wanderer gloves. These amazing gloves give +10 rage for each usage of teleport spell. so casting level 1 teleport twice by mage gives 20 rage in one round. And it works nicely beyond round 20.

Using gloves therefore seems the only option. Grab a unit with high initiative & speed (in order to avoid doing troop damage via retaliation) , get a mage character, kite the Teana, get higher magic 3, and work on mana oriented mage (intellect not needed), dragon toy would be nice. it is worth noting that unfortunately damage done by unit created by mystic egg counts as troop damage..

So there are two gameplay options at the end: either play the game as "purist" and do not use mystic egg, which will show as 100% pet dragon on the final screen after battle. I guess after kiting one can do as bare minimum at least initial 4 islands... The second option is to allow using mystic egg. Battle could then go on like this (assuming higher level mystic egg = 20+ rage cost) - battle starts, you wait with your unit, then teleport x 2 out of reach = 20 rage. Second round first wait, and hopefully with some received ranged damage you'll have enough rage for casting mystic egg. If still not, teleport once, cast mystic egg, cast target on your original troop to preserve the egg. Once unit is hatched , check battlefield situation. Either send it forward to die and create lots of rage for more mystic eggs - idea is to overwhelm the enemy with summons. Or just fool around with teleport, and come at the enemy when you're strong enough. 20 rage for 10= 2 x 5 mana cost for 6 rounds for mage is very cheap. Well of mana belt plus concentration level 3 gives 11 mana back per turn for a while for example. Using mystic egg sounds like fun, and I guess at least 150+ fights could theoretically be done this way.
Anyone up for a challenge?

Last edited by impy; 02-14-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

An interesting observation here folks, as I am still playing that 100% spell game -- it is theoretically possible to reach 100 intellect in the KB Crossworlds game. (just saying, probably not the first one to report it). Look at the screenshot - intellect is 79. Note : I have not found any high number of intellect shrines at all. Figure 79 can be further improved by :

- wearing sandals of the martyr = +2 int gain
- student belt = +1 int gain
- snake ring = +1 int gain (instead of ancient amulet)
- using Depth of Thought scroll = +10 int gain

That bring the total intellect to 93. Now here comes the interesting part. I found Living bow pretty early in the game and have been using it all the time apart from really difficult fights, simply because I wanted to have a chance to get a branch, which gives +1 int permanent. I originally thought that what you get (either fruit or branch) is random but set in stone (just like when breaking down item via neatness skill - you always get the same). However, it turned out it works just like with colossus scroll - if you replay a few battles around , you can ALWAYS get the branch and get +1int. Now if you look at the screenshot you can see I already collected 6 fruits during the game so that could have been +6int instead and I am at 228 fights only. So it is still possible to get 1-2 more intellect out of it for a grand total of 100-101 intellect..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg highint.jpg (510.4 KB, 32 views)
Old 02-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

Interesting info. Is this save file you posted in droids arent OP ? i played that game and got to 87 int with Depth of thought, and black hole spell was devastating for enemy troops
Question : did you use Ring of mind item for +3int on 30 battles ? And did you consider instead +1int belt to use Metamorphic axel for +4int from Tower in Darion island?
That would be truly terrifying spell dmg
Old 02-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Approved Member

Yes, it is that save. I used the ring, good thinking with met. axe. I just got it from Debir's tower. That brings the int. to 94 with Depth of thought scroll, see screenshot. Bit of shame with those 6 fruits there, but at least people know now that playing with that save it is possible to get to 94 + 6 = 100 intellect. With sandals of martyr & snake ring (which I have not seen in this game) it will go to 103, and with a bit of luck with intellect shrines in some other playthrough it may go to 105!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg int94.jpg (509.4 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by impy; 02-17-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Approved Member

Could you post screens with spell book dmg for certain spells ? Like trap , black hole, pain mirror etc for 94 intellect
Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

all right then, here is few screenshots showing what intellect 94 can do. Let the pics do the talking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackhole.jpg (397.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg trap.jpg (412.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg painmirror.jpg (405.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg chaosdragon.jpg (523.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg phantom.jpg (399.0 KB, 35 views)
Old 02-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

and a few more..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg orbofice.jpg (528.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg ballcrit.jpg (508.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg phoenix.jpg (373.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg divinearmor.jpg (387.2 KB, 31 views)
Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

That`s some scary numbers
I said this before, and i`ll say it again : we need new formula for attack/defense bonuses from hero stats. High intellect mage is unstoppable late game, it`s not even funny to look at him in first turn use black hole, and then spend 3 round digging for chests
In adventure mod (post #82) bladeking77 on my idea got att/def to give additional perks to hero army. It works great, and would be nice to implement into game regularly. Maybe different bonus depending on multiplier but att give bonus crit% for every X attack, and def give resistances on every Y defense from hero.
i added this into my game, just thought to spread idea to other after seeing possible 100+ intellect mage, and knowing that att and def are useless after +50 (maybe not even that much).
Anyway nice game impy. Have fun ppl
Old 02-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

you're right, very high intellect with blackhole spell is actually a boring combo. Don't know why they have done it like that, I mean, press a button and every enemy stack gets a damage. With deathstar you have actually use your brain. It is about self-imposed challenges I guess, just do not normally use overpowered spells, combos (droids, black knights etc), although I really enjoyed 100%crit shooters gameplay for example.
anyway, I managed to finish that 100% spell damage only playthrough, screenshots attached as always. Over next few days I sit down and write some simple guide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100spell2.jpg (512.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 100spell1.jpg (496.5 KB, 34 views)