Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Space Rangers

Space Rangers The lavish mix of an intense space RPG with 3D real-time strategy.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

Arrow Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Announced!

We are proud to announce the development of Space Rangers HD: A War Apart. The legendary series returns in full HD glory and with new material offering a pirate’s point of view with new storyline.

This new title remasters the universe of Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators and Space Rangers 2: Reboot and allows players to revisit those games or take part in a thrilling new story.
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart takes place in 3300AD. Our galaxy is invaded by the Dominators, combat robots that come under the influence of an alien technology. The player finds themselves in a living, breathing world where they can engage multiple activities: fight in space and hyperspace, buy and sell goods, accomplish government missions, liberate planets from the Dominators in 3D RTS battles and complete text adventures leading to unique plot twists and rewards. The game ending is not set and players may find a victory of either side at the end. Everything depends on the actions taken in this developing world where anybody can live the life of a pirate as well as that of a hero.
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart features a dynamic game world where the balance of power between the Dominators and the Coalition can shift at any minute and can be tipped to either side by player actions. A wise criminal will wait before plundering the Coalition if it is losing the war. Additionally, the game has been updated including new upgrades for spaceships, new planetary battles, text quests and hyperspace engagements available to pirates and law abiding rangers. This enhanced edition brings full widescreen support up to 1920x1200 complete with updated graphics and interface. Subtle improvements like the ability to play hyperspace battles outside of the story mode help to provide the unique experience for which Space Rangers was revered.

For more information please visit http://www.spacerangershd.com and http://www.facebook.com/SpaceRangersHD.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

Is this the same team who did space ranger 2? I've not followed space ranger lore (though I really really liked space ranger 2 reboot and was hopeful there would be a space ranger 3).
-
I kind of sucked at the rts; but hopefully there will be 1000's of text puzzles instead of only a few as in the previous game (I know this is not realisitc but i liked that aspect and sapce combat a bit better than the rts).
Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Approved Member

Not the same team, but some of its members did work on SR2.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Fantastic news! I didn't think we'd ever see more Spacer Rangers content, so this is a pleasant surprise. This appears to be more of an expansion than a full game I guess; same original galaxy with mostly the same items/weapons/ships, but with some new graphics and some new content.

Here's the biggest changes from the "interesting features" section:

New pirate subplot. After completing any one of the story branches a player can either end the game, or continue playing to complete another branch. the player’s actions influence the entire Galaxy, while the balance in either of wars may be tipped not only by the player, but by AI actions as well. No two playthroughs will be the same.
Major technical overhaul. Display resolutions up to 1920×1200, multi-core processors, Windows® 7, and anti-aliasing in 3D planetary battles are now fully supported.
Extended soundtrack means you’ll hear more than 15 completely new musical themes specially created for deeper immersion into the amazing Space Rangers universe.
Other improvements include more than 10 new text adventures, 15+ planetary battle maps, 20+ government missions, unique non-story events, new equipment and micromodules, access to all hyperspace engagements from the main menu and more!

I hope we get some new ships, but I didn't see it listed.

This is exciting! Day One Purchase.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Was hoping for SR3 but this will do just fine =)

Sneaksie, a couple of questions:

(a) will there be any improvements to the AI? Or will this aspect not be touched;

(b) will the additional materials developed for the Revolutions expansion / mod be incorporated into A War Apart? They have done alot of work (but its in Russian) so it would be great if that could be included as well;

(c) will we see this by the end of this year or will this be a 2013 release?

Cheers.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Registered Member

Holy crap this is awesome. You guys are awesome.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

a) What aspects of the AI behaviour need to be improved in your opinion? It's pretty advanced already.
b) Yes!
c) We're aiming at Q4 2012.

More interesting details will be revealed later, along with the development progress.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
a) What aspects of the AI behaviour need to be improved in your opinion? It's pretty advanced already.
b) Yes!
c) We're aiming at Q4 2012.

More interesting details will be revealed later, along with the development progress.
On the AI, I am not so much referring to the space fight AI which I agree is great but the fact that within a relatively quick period, all Rangers are wiped out save for yourself. If that could be tweaked (so that the world feels a bit less "lonely"), that would be great.

Awesome news on revolutions! I've read many great things on that front.

Really looking forward to this!

Development blogs would be a great way for fans to follow the progress and spread the word around.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Registered Member

I told you so, good news are on the way
Old 04-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Approved Member

I too am looking forward to this release; though please do add more than 10 new text adventures