Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

Default Unlimited scrolls?

Has anyone found our how to have an unlimited number of scrolls in the spellbook or made a mod for it? Not being able to buy new scrolls, because you carry around 20 wanderer scrolls to use in the boss fights, has always been the design decision that irritated me the most in KB
Old 09-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

No need for mod to change that. Find hero.txt file in your game/sessions,mod folder(mod you curently playing, if you change modes you`ll need to change this settings in all hero.txt).
Open file and find book=xx, xx is number of scrolls you can carry around. Set it to whatever value you want. Since there is 3 hero class, set this for all of them, warrior/paladin/mage. Only problem is you need to start new game for this to effect (i think).
That`s it, go wild

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 09-08-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Thanks!
How do I find the hero.txt file if I am not using any mods? I cannot find any file like that on my computer.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Approved Member

If you play original KB-AP it`s in gamefolder/sessions/addon/ses.kfs file. Open it with winrar or winzip, find hero.txt file change book= value and save file before closing. If you have KB-OotM(orcs on the march) file is in gamefolder/sessions/orcs/orcs.kfs. Change it same way as i said up. Good luck
Old 09-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Approved Member

You were right. It only changes when I start a new game . Very useful though..

Do you know any way to change it in my current game?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

I haven`t used savegame editor, but check KB DB edit 0.75.eng on this page, and if you figure it out, good for you. I have no idea how it works :
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11780
Old 09-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Thanks!

(but I think I would probably destroy the program, my computer and possible the world, if I try to mess around with that)
Old 02-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Just in case anyone still needs this : after you've decompiled the save with KB Save Scanner go to savedata.txt and look for "booksize" parameter. Change it to whatever you want, save the file and follow instructions from here : http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11780 to insert the data back.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

Default Getting a scroll space or many when you level up

For King's Bounty Armored Princess maybe for King's Bounty The Legend and King's Bounty Crossworlds:

One more thing : each class get 1 more scroll slot in spell book, after certain lvlup (warrior get 1 more every 6 lvls, paladin every 5, and mage every 4 lvls). You can change that modding hero.txt file in this part (this is example for mage)
Code:

// ddמerקer
level_up {
leadership=10 //40,30
book=1,4 // drnnln םr 1 ercהuי 4 ףdמגlם

You see 1,4 part. This give mage 1 more scroll slot in spell book, every 4 lvls. Change it to 1,1, and you`ll get 1 more scroll each new hero lvl.

Other way is harder, it need to start new game, and change hero.txt file in other part (starting scrolls in book) like here (again mage example):
Code:

start {
leadership=100
attack=0
defense=0
intellect=3
mana=20
rage=10
gold=1000
rune_might=1
rune_mind=1
rune_magic=6
crystals=20
book=10

Change book=10 , to any number you want book=1000 will give you 1000 scroll places in book on start of new game.