Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 11-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Anyone played Trent thru on Impossible? (it was tested on Normal+Hard).
Old 11-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

I will try to start the campaign tomorrow. Will definitely play on impossible, because usually I play beyond impossible with some mods
Old 11-10-2018, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

Hello raknefne! I played for some time, the start is interesting and nice. I just have to report a bug that is really nasty. When I ask the priest in the church if he has any spare troops the game crashes. I defeated the cannon-pirate quest, hoping that this will change things, but again when I ask the game crashes. It's bad that I can't use the troops there. I guess it's a problem with the **chat.lng file and the corresponding *.chat file . I found the 2 files but couldn't figure out what to change in order to fix them. If you can fix them, you can upload just them and I will update them in the mod myself. Thank you!
Old 11-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

very strange, have played many times and got troops from the priest. I will check when I make an update. But it is not the nearest time. I haven't heard about the problem from others. Have u tried reinstalling?
Old 11-13-2018, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

Hi! I have located the problem. It is in the embryos.loc file. Part of the creatures that should appear in the church are described wrongly :
{A}{races} = {}
{A}{units} = {witch_hunter,4:2:8,thorn_warrior,30:10:100,thorn, 30:10:100,dryad,10}
{A}{level} = {1}
{A}{kolvo} = {50:10:150}
{U}{prob} = {9}

The boxes {level} and {kolvo} should be empty, because the level and the quantity of the creatures is already defined above. And because there is a probability for creature to appear, I guess when you tested it you got another creature .
Anyway I guess you already know this stuff, because the mod is quite awesome. I'm enjoying it and I am on the lower trent now. Sad thing is, that there I found another building(citizen house) , which crashes the game. I did not found what's the problem with it so far, but it is not game breaking.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorko80 View Post
Hi! I have located the problem. It is in the embryos.loc file. Part of the creatures that should appear in the church are described wrongly :
{A}{races} = {}
{A}{units} = {witch_hunter,4:2:8,thorn_warrior,30:10:100,thorn, 30:10:100,dryad,10}
{A}{level} = {1}
{A}{kolvo} = {50:10:150}
{U}{prob} = {9}

The boxes {level} and {kolvo} should be empty, because the level and the quantity of the creatures is already defined above. And because there is a probability for creature to appear, I guess when you tested it you got another creature .
Anyway I guess you already know this stuff, because the mod is quite awesome. I'm enjoying it and I am on the lower trent now. Sad thing is, that there I found another building(citizen house) , which crashes the game. I did not found what's the problem with it so far, but it is not game breaking.
That building in Trent has always been as it is. Can't remember the reason now. I just pass it, there are enough sellers near by.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Thx for clearing that jorko80. The modding is a little far back now... long time ago I made it... but isn't it randomized between the WitchHunter, ThornWarrior, Thorn, Dryad and then a level 1 monster?
Old 11-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Hi raknefne! First to answer your question - it alternates between the units specified in the "units" box. The "kolvo" and "level" should be empty in this case. If you fill the "races" box then they should be defined and the "units" box should be empty.
I finished the campaign on impossible. It was very interesting and challenging. I liked it a lot. You did an amazing job there. The details are incredible. Thank you for your hard work . I'll share some thoughts and observations :

Bugs
-the church in Jerneland crashes the game(I wrote about that)
-summoned troops don't count for traps medal. Description says all types count
-alchemic - holy bomb burns undead instead of reducing their stats
-living bow -chat does not work
-Superfly-hero - description says +20% fire damage,but actually he gives +40 points of fire damage which makes the lake dragon fly to deliver 41-43 dmg compared to the original 1-3. It was a fun fight anyway
-citizen house(lower trent) crashes the game
-rune mage - descriptions of high mage and runic feats are switched
-Krasen - barbarian tent crashes the game
-returning to Jerneland in late game and trying to speak to count Bob led to an empty chat, I had to restart the game
-there is a hidden chest by the snake nests in Krasen's dungeon, which gives an error message
-When I killed the king on Krasen , there was no more a major quest. I was kinda wandering what to do. Who is responsible for the climate changes? Who should I kill to finish the game? It was confusing. Then I decided to kill the boss and it ended.

Maybe Bugs
-miss Brok who guards the map for Sprudne Island can be circumvented to get the map(I fought with her).
-getting past the guardian of Agvares(companion) is too easy also
I don't know if you let these armies mobile intentionally, but there is a way to completely immobilize an army.
-after killing the frog(enchanted orc woman),when i talk to the shaman he acts like i have done his quests(i did not yet) and gives me access to additional stuff in the castle and the two shops.

Suggestions
-remove mass resurrect from paladins(I intentionally don't use them,because they make it too easy)
-inkvisitor's ressurect is also too powerful
-dragons should have their normal price and leadership(they are too powerful anyway)
-remove gold for losses for hard and impossible
-medals can be extended to level 4 - I've made most of them in lower trent
-spell - call of nature is unusable with such a high mana-price , should be 10-20-30
-the experience shrines especially in middle and late game give so few exp that it is irrelevant
-remove some abilities from phantom creatures, especially creatures with resurrect. Making a phantom of a rune mage leads to infinite resurrect of black dragons for example.
-spell-turn back time - should increase mana with levels, it is very powerful
-spell-magic shackles - should not have leadership limitation,because with the increased difficulty the armies are so big , that this spell is unusable.

The length of the game was very good. I finished at level 36. I guess it can go to 37-38, because I left some armies and my learning skill was just basic. It would've been good if you added some new creature abilities or creatures .

Thank you again for the amazing campaign!

Last edited by jorko80; 11-20-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Hi,
thank u for your input, jorko80. Some of the creature bugs are from the vanilla game. The Agvares companion, isn't so strong IMO, so I made it that you most of the time can sneak pass the undead army to meet him (depending on randomness - sometimes a path is blocked so it is harder to sneak passed the undead army).
I will have a look at your suggestions when I make an update.
I like shorter games too. I'm SOO glad it was possible on impossible.
I did reduce the inkvistor ressurect. I think there are 2 charges instead of 3 as far as I remember. Paladins I made more expensive, but probably good to reduce the resurrect too. Although I have only made few changes on creatures compares to vanilla in this version. Strangely, there has only been very little response to this mod. Perhaps because it is an old game....???
Old 11-22-2018, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Well I play the game regularly , but my last check of this forum was 6 months ago. So I guess people will find it in the next few months.
Impossible can be very easy when the unbalanced spells and abilities,that I wrote about, are used. I usually play a mod for The legend and Red sands, which cuts all such things, but it's in russian. I also made a very big mod for Warriors of the north, which also makes the game harder, but it is also in russian. Maybe someday I'll translate it to share it here