Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 06-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
I noticed that cured Jimmy Kraud will take money for upgrading Royal Thorns but then nothing happens.
Aye he is bugged, its fixed in next update.

EA
Old 06-30-2014, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
ICE DRAGONS - LEVEL 5
Cost 18000
Leadership 2200
Attack 60
Defense 64
Health 280
Speed 7
Talents - Cold Stream, Ice Blast
Is that right? The Health seems way to low for the Leadership.

Daniel.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1darklord View Post
Is that right? The Health seems way to low for the Leadership.

Daniel.
No its not right, my fault should be 900.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Approved Member

I notice you can no longer download this mod, any ideas when it'll be back up for download?

Cheers,

Daniel.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1darklord View Post
I notice you can no longer download this mod, any ideas when it'll be back up for download?

Cheers,

Daniel.
Hopefully soon, fixing some errors and testplay it.
Trying again to get contact with red sand team, just waiting for a response.

EA
Old 07-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Default When does this come out?

When is this back online again? I really want to try it out. And the english version for red sands 1.6.1. needs the original red sand file which I cannot find anywhere on the web.

Thank you for making this!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubje View Post
When is this back online again? I really want to try it out. And the english version for red sands 1.6.1. needs the original red sand file which I cannot find anywhere on the web.

Thank you for making this!
Hopefully soon Rubje, polishing some stuff, and testing it.
Also waiting for a response from the original makers of red sand.

Ecania
Old 07-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

Hi Ecania
I can share some more thoughts on your mod and some bugs, that you can address in the next update.
Bugs:
-The new creatures like celestial snake, maelstrom and so on... don't acquire experience properly. You should add them in the file "exp_system_cfg.txt" . There is a base list there and all creatures should be listed and then they should be added to specified lists(shooters,base creatures,elites etc.).
-the Lava call bonus does not give 10% bonus, only 10points ,which is useless, I tried to change to % ,but it doesn't work. Maybe you should ask someone more experienced.
-Medal dragon slayer I - gives 2points damage bonus instead of 2% , and that is really powerful for low level creatures. I've changed it to 2% . Dragon slayer II is also bugged, but the others are ok. It's just the position of "2" which is wrongly placed in medals.txt
-celestial snake is unaffected by some abilities and artifacts. For example the blue pet dragon doesn't give it +1 initiative and I had an artifact which gave all creatures +1 moral ,even on my maelstroms,but celestial snake was unaffected. I don't know how to fix that.
Now some new thoughts :
I stopped my game with the warrior, it was too boring fighting all those armies. Before starting a new game I edited the new areas and removed at least half of the armies. And the new game was way better and more challenging. Started with paladin. It was really hard and without all these armies I didn't get so much experience and it was well balanced. Also in my first game I got the maps for bolo and scarlet wind islands without fighting and now they were guarded which was really nice. I wander if you know how to make immobile guards for some treasures, it is really good.
-I played until I got to Verona. I cleared all Debir,Scarlet wind , Kef Azisa and some other caves, I got to level 19, the dragon was 27( I will decrease the exp. for the pet even more, he is getting too strong too fast) and Asmadeo was 20. Creatures were 8-10lvl which is good. Really like the places you've made, everything is beautiful.
-In some places I got too big prizes when I defeated a building. For example in kef azisa I've got lvl5 dragon sword and I was only lvl10 by that time and think it's too strong so early. Also there are really way too many crystals, I can revive Asmadeo as much as I want ,learn all spells and I always have above 60 crystals-that's too easy also.
-In the new shops there are also too many artifacts, which also leads to crystals. Also maybe the lvl4 creatures in the shops on the first islands should be less.
-The marauder creature swap ability is too powerful. You can do nothing to prevent it and so early in the game there is nothing you can do. It just leads to losses. I removed it, but it will be better if you can make it leadership dependant. I don't know how to do it.
-There are many boosters here and there which are nice, but maybe they should give smaller bonuses. Otherwise the hero is getting fast too strong.
-I've read in your posts ,that you made the chests of the pet give even bigger rewards, because you want to help the play in impossible. I don't think it's needed, I don't even use that ability of the dragon.
-I've found some really strong lvl5 new creatures on verona and they were in a shop that was even unguarded. I think it's too early for such power.
My point is that everything must be found slowly to keep the interest and the challenge throughout the game.
I had a really good time playing your mod in tha last 4-5 days. I think I can start a new game now, but I'll make some more tweaks, maybe restricting the high level creatures and artifacts to come later in the game.
One question :
Where did you found those new creatures ,never seen them before ?
Thanks again for the mod
Old 07-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Thanks a lot for the feedback Jorko.
Dragonslayer medal is fixed.

I will check lava stuff and see if I can fix it.
The crystal and rune bonus for chest for dragon to dig up is gone.

When it comes to new units and experience I had a problem with units not working properly.
So I left out exp for those powerful units.

Why celestial snakes doesent get 1+ ini from blue dragon is beyond my knowledge.

Need to know the name of item that doesent work with celestials.

I have tried make immobile guards but not succeded, so I lock them with a chest in front instead.

The stuff in the shops are very random, you don’t find any items over lvl3 on debir or scarlet I think, but in caves there is a slight chance to get higher level items, I doubt you find the same sword again in kef asiza.

Also in altars things are very random, all for a nice replayability, so in some games you get more crystals from them.

Will think about marauders and see what I come up with.
Units on Verona, was that close to harbor?

New strong units are restricted, there are a few places you can buy those in every game, some shops have a little chance to have some in every game and only a few.

Some altars can give +2 mana or +2 rage I don’t think it is to powerful rewards and some you can get +4 mana or rage and in some occations a bit more.

Also it depends what kind of player you are, Im not an expert player that plays impossible games, I like play on hard lvl, and I think that’s the most common level people play this game at.
And that makes it a problem to do a game harder then the level you play it yourself.

Maybe you feel to help me balance a version of the mod for impossible play, so can I focus on this version.

Also waiting for response from sini4_the_grunt, want to be sure they let me release this version of red sands since it is their work from the beginning, I have also sent messages to those people made the mods wich is built in to this mod.

The new units comes from an older mod made for red sands 1.3

Ecania
Old 07-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

I abandoned my paladin run with the previous version, and am now playing the latest version that you posted with a mage on impossible. The one with the new creatures. I ran into two bugs:

The damage that ghost blade does when mouse hovering it over an enemy is incorrect. The damage it says in the book is correct. I suspect this has something to do with the fire mage resistance reduction, but I'm not exactly sure. I should note that flaming arrow reports the correct damage when hovering the mouse over an enemy.

More significant: Ancient phoenix is totally messed up. Young and Mature are not, just Ancient. It's bizarre. I summon it, the graphic doesn't look right, and then I send it to attack an enemy. It does damage to that enemy, and the surrounding two hexes (3 hex attack, working fine), then one of the enemies runs over to where the phoenix was before it attacked and I can't attack it. This isn't the enemy's turn choosing to walk over to there, it's a unit instantly running across the map even if it doesn't have the move points.