Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 05-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

Smile Testplay Red Sands Extended

Heya all – be prepared to enjoy and testplay a new huge version of Kings Bounty – Red Sands Extended version 0604

This version of Red Sands is very huge and all of you that loves long games will enjoy this.

Contains a lot of new dungeons, new island and bigger original islands with a beatiful look.

New zones are:
Kef Azisa Cave - very very huge.
Magic Circle Caves
White Crystal Cave
Black Sun Tomb
White Falls Cave
Old Mist Cave
Miners Crossing
Red Raven Tomb
Cazic Thule Island
Blue Collar Tomb
Dulanic Caves
Dulas Nest

MEDALS
Have been reworked, some medals have 6 levels and some of them gives extra bonuses on later
levels, and some of them also affect your pet spells.

SKILL TREE
Some of the skills have got a 4th level and Diplomacy skill in Paladin tree is completely reworked and some skills has changed place in tree.

Warrior skill tree has a new skill.
More then 20+ heroes added and more items added.

INSTALLATION: unrar it and place the red_sands folder in your session folder, if you alredy have Red Sands installed, move the original red sands folder and replace with this one.

IMPORTANT - You need Crossworlds version 1.3.1 build 6171 to play this campaign.

PLAYER DIFFICULTY
EASY ----------------- 130%
NORMAL ------------ 160%
HARD -----------------180%
IMPOSSIBLE ----------250%
NOTE: Normal setting have the hard setting for pet and asmadeo exp

AND LASTLY
Have fun everyone playing this verison of Red Sands and please remember to give feedback and bug reports to this thread.

Please state what class you testplay with and difficulty, start screen say 280% on impossible, but we start test 250%.

Many thanks to the great work done by the original red sands developers wich made this version of the campaign possible.

ECANIA

Last edited by ecania; 06-29-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:38 AM
Approved Member

Alright, I'm not very far yet (just finished the tutorial dungeon). You've certainly expanded Debir a lot. However, I haven't found any areas I could land on in the new lands.

Also, this may be because of the Red Sands content (and terrible translation), but the dragonslayer achivement spells "physical" incorrectly.

Will post more as I get further. I'm playing as a mage on hard mode. I tried Asmedo only before in the old red sands, and I don't really feel like it again, so I'm going to the other extreme and not using him at all in this run.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:03 AM
Approved Member

ecania be so kind to point out in your first post islands where new dungeons to be located. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Great to see that you got it running guys.

Kiras: its meant that you cant land on Debirs new lands,its balanced so you can run on Debir and get to around lvl12, and if you think Debir is large, wait until you see Scarlet.

Great you picked mage, me myself are playing warrior with asmadeo, and after 70+ fights Im done on Debir, then runned down to Blue Collar Tomb and run into Blue dragons so I popped out again and went to scarlet, I got Asmadeo to lvl 17 on Debir.

Eagerly waiting to hear more from your game Kiras.

Aristobal: Almost every island from Debir To Tekron have dungeons or linked dungeons, the underground system is very very huge and it is linked together, so actually if you want more challenge, You can play this without boat, more or less, i think u need your boat to get to shetterra and red sands , but everything else, you can use the underground network for.

But it is not only the dungeons wich is new, every singel army in the game have been looked over, and many islands are much bigger.

Spelling in dragonslayer is fixed.

and last, what did you think about the start picture of campaign, did some work on that.

EA

Last edited by ecania; 05-23-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

I did encounters on Debir until I found the Scarlet Island map. Everything is well. I only wonder, is it intentional that I cannot sail round the Scarlet island at the northernmost point, where Archmages are posted in front of a dungeon?
Old 05-23-2014, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
I did encounters on Debir until I found the Scarlet Island map. Everything is well. I only wonder, is it intentional that I cannot sail round the Scarlet island at the northernmost point, where Archmages are posted in front of a dungeon?
The Island got to big, and i didnt Think it was a problem, discovered that a bit to late, Everything was built alredy, and if I expand Island more, file size will get very big, and I dont want that.

EA
Old 05-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

Having an extra rank on most skills is nice. I gave myself a ton of runes and checked out the new ranks on the skills (and the new skill) before reloading. The 4th rank is always really expensive, which I'm guessing ties in with the new trapper medal changes. I got lucky and got the trap spell for free from the tower in Debir.

So, I tried an experiment
Using the cheat code levelup to go from level 6->7 with no trapper: 1 might 5 mind 6 magic runes.

Leveling up from 6->7 with trapper 2: 7 might/12mind/13magic

Then I tried editing
params {
max1=15
max2=70
max3=170
max4=350
order=7
param=0
var=killed_by_trap

to max1 = 5, max2 = 7, max3 = 17, max4 = 35. I did that for all 4 trapper medals. That of course, immediately gave me trapper 4 (since I was past 70). Then I tried the code to levelup again from 6 -> 7 and got 14 might/17mind/21magic. Now, there's a chance that I misunderstood something about what I was editing and that affected the runes awarded, but this is somewhat in line with what I was getting without editing the files @ trapper2. Theoretically, 2 is 130% of trapper 0, and 4 is 200% of trapper 0. I have no idea how the rounding works.
That should be:
Trapper0 = 1might/5mind/6magic
Trapper2 = 1.3might/6.5mind/7.8magic
Trapper4 = 2might/10mind/12magic

But I'm actually getting
trapper0=1/5/6
trapper2 = 7/12/13
trapper4 = 14/17/21
Old 05-24-2014, 01:15 AM
Approved Member

I like the trap-chests, but there's a weird glitch with them. If you hit X instead of the check mark, the chest keeps showing, but you can never activate the trap again.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:47 AM
Approved Member

Have to look over the trap medal then, and prolly change it, about the trap chest, no clue how to change those chest if u hit x.

EA
Old 05-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

I encountered another of those trap chests that didn't give you an option. It might have been on scarlet wind.

I finished Debir. It's a lot bigger, and I mostly like the new areas. The purple cave was kind of dull looking, the outdoors areas were much better. The searchable map objects often having enemies is interesting. I think you should convert the grave armies to undead though.