Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Default The Fate of Action Forms...

I'm sad to see that Action Forms appears to have decided to become a mobile developer as suggested by the admin here. Actions Forms, whose website is seemingly no longer online, appears to have become Tatem Games. They have ported the early Action Forms game "Carnivores" to the iPhone/iPad. The last application update was on November 2nd, so it appears they are most actively engaged in their mobile efforts.

The application page in the iTunes store seems to claim it's a co-production, but based on the above "About" page, I assume their development leads smelled opportunity in the iPhone market started Tatem using some or all of their core staff.

Based on the tone of the "About" page, it seems like they were probably unhappy with the kinds of unpleasant things you read about developers dealing with in big budget PC game development. They might also have had trouble negotiating a new deal. I can speculate all day of course, but mobile seems to be their focus at the moment, though I have a feeling they haven't officially shut down Action Forms.

So if you really want to see them come back to PC development, I would suggest letting them know how much you liked Cryostasis.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Approved Member

That makes me really sad, cryostasis is clearly a masterpeace of art.
Played through it a few times already, sure its one of my all time favorites.
Like the style and the ideas, something that wasn't there bevore in this style.
Well, the performance isn't the best, but its a game you do not need 60 fps in battles.

I wish all the people from action forms the very best, you did great work!
Old 07-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

This is getting a bit depressing. It's sad to see such great companies turn their efforts in full to the casual market, be it hidden object games, or iPhone games/apps, or something similar. It feels as such a waste of potential.

And unfortunately it's far from a singular case: another company whose games I really enjoyed, Deep Shadows (the company behind Boiling Point, White Gold and The Precursors), are now making hidden object games.