Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Did they also fix the over-powered Astral Damage of the Goblin and Blood Orc Shamans that bypassed Defense until now? They only mention the regular Shaman.

Also - bugs that still exist:

- Royal Griffins still don't increase Rune Mage Morale. And my mod that fixes this no longer works.
- Rune Mage Abilities descriptions are again, pretty wrong. "High Mage" translates as "Gives +50% Magic Resistance" and Runic and Runic Armor are meshed together and crash to the desktop if you hover your cursor over them.

I'd also like to see how Tirexes, Fauns and Goblins were strenghtened (why Goblins, they were overpowered already...)
Old 12-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Did they also fix the over-powered Astral Damage of the Goblin and Blood Orc Shamans that bypassed Defense until now? They only mention the regular Shaman.

Also - bugs that still exist:

- Royal Griffins still don't increase Rune Mage Morale. And my mod that fixes this no longer works.
- Rune Mage Abilities descriptions are again, pretty wrong. "High Mage" translates as "Gives +50% Magic Resistance" and Runic and Runic Armor are meshed together and crash to the desktop if you hover your cursor over them.

I'd also like to see how Tirexes, Fauns and Goblins were strenghtened (why Goblins, they were overpowered already...)
Normal Goblins don't do Astral Damage, but you mean the "Defense does not count" issue with Poison Axe? Not sure.

As for Goblin Shaman, they still do ungodly Astral Damage with their crappy "self destruction" ability, and it seems to still bypass defenses. Rakush was able to wipe out my army in one round. Oops.

It seems only the Orc Shaman is noticably weaker (thank god, I can treat it like a normal unit that can't one hit my Level 5s).

You are correct on the Rune Mage thing. Ugh.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

I meant Goblin and Blood Shamans - IE, Goblin Shamans. But you are right, let's not forget about the Goblin's Slam Down attack either.

Ok... so, anyone managed to locate the attack/damage mechanics in the KFS files yet? It seems it'll be up to us to fix this.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I meant Goblin and Blood Shamans - IE, Goblin Shamans. But you are right, let's not forget about the Goblin's Slam Down attack either.

Ok... so, anyone managed to locate the attack/damage mechanics in the KFS files yet? It seems it'll be up to us to fix this.
Blood Shamans SEEM a little weaker in this patch. I guess all that training with the others in how to deal with them has helped a lot. e.g. forcing Target, etc.

Not to mention, I was rolling with two stacks of Rune Mages to greatly increase my odds of sheeping the enemy.

It is unfortunate that if you use Target, and force an air unit next to the Goblin Shaman, they will still use their Astral attack, so you have to use shoot-through techniques (no retaliation attacks by Dragons and Gorguls) or sheep them before engaging, or use ranged to whittle them down.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

Or bring Witch Hunters, Phantom them and Shackle those Goblins. I know those guys are pretty weak in combat, but they are excellent crowd control against mages.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Or bring Witch Hunters, Phantom them and Shackle those Goblins. I know those guys are pretty weak in combat, but they are excellent crowd control against mages.
Yeah, although I was going for a semi-fast run, so I couldn't afford to carry them. Plus, they are harder to keep alive.

But, in one battle witch hunters spawned alongside with goblin shamans AND I always have rune mages with me.

So, I got lucky and summoned some witch hunters, ah... no more worries.

As a mage, I have been dealing with geyser freaks by using ... Rune Mages, Dragons, and the new Dragon of Chaos and Ancient Phoenix. Surprisingly muuuch easier to deal with.

Once I use lower level units, I basically need a paladin for more efficient resurrection.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

I am around level 25 now, and found Rune Mages to be... too costly. I mean, I need those runes for vital skills, and without at least 10 runes of each lying around, Rune Mages are nothing special (not for that Leadership cost).
Old 12-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I am around level 25 now, and found Rune Mages to be... too costly. I mean, I need those runes for vital skills, and without at least 10 runes of each lying around, Rune Mages are nothing special (not for that Leadership cost).
Yeah, you really need some powerful strategies to do it. Totally worth it for me though. I ended up soloing most of the early game with just one Rune Mage (found the Jesus Sandals, er... Sandals of the Martyr).

That said, I only care/need magic runes to be up to around 17-18 so I can get Sheep.

The mind runes are somewhat useful to raise the Rune Mage's life, the might runes are totally worthless to me for the Rune Mage.

I suppose it makes sense that this is why the Rune Mage is most ideal for Mage classes. For any other class, it can be really painful, as they really need to get some magic powers, and have verry few magic runes to work with early on.

Last edited by ckdamascus; 12-28-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

I'm using Windows 7 64bit and I already regret it. The game works fine with patch 1.3 but when I install 1.3.1 the screen goes black and I can't see any intro videos. Also, it didn't fix the crash I had in Wizard's tower first floor. Well done!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSoul View Post
I'm using Windows 7 64bit and I already regret it. The game works fine with patch 1.3 but when I install 1.3.1 the screen goes black and I can't see any intro videos. Also, it didn't fix the crash I had in Wizard's tower first floor. Well done!
Worked fine for me (1.3.1 win7 64 bit).

Try manually changing the video resolution mode?