Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Royal Quest

Royal Quest New massively multiplayer online role-playing game from creators of Space Rangers and King's Bounty

Old 10-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

This is interesting! I'll check it out for sure, although 2012 seems far away.

I'll see 1C at Igromir. I'm sure the attendance for this year will be very high.

Last edited by Korsakov829; 10-27-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:16 AM
Approved Member

WoW meets Diablo Meets DeathSpank meets King's Bounty meets Space Rangers!! (am I forgetting someone?). Lets hope you succeed (or have an honorable death in the MMO's market).

But by 2012 you will have to face the most wicked of foe's!! (No, not your ridiculous and probably very generic dark alchemists in search of some even more generic mineral): DIABLO III!!! (It would be there without doubt by the time Royal Quest goes online)

The fans will beg for Mercy; The arcs of Blizzard will collapse; 1C against the most wanted game in ten years (now that starcraft 2 has been released). 2 games. 1 field. 1 battle. And only 1 winner...

This summer...2012 summer
Diablo III
Royal Quest
And you are the jury on the (probably not) most wanted battle in history (after all a Goliat vs Sanson battle-like looks way better in a PC screen with fantasy units, hot but scarce female looking units, ridiculous dialogue, lots of cannon fodder and...loot. Lots of LOOT).

The battle..is..Now!

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiece View Post
...WoW meets Diablo Meets DeathSpank meets King's Bounty meets Space Rangers!! (am I forgetting someone?)....
Yeah, the old RPGs, starting with Neverwinter Nights. I still play that after I forget how long, but awhile.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

How is that related to the King Bounty online game?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/9865...announced.html

AM I the only one to find that weird?
Old 11-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost-fat-bunny View Post
I think that is an paid article from PR managers of 1C Company. It was being put on GameBanshee with "passed" date and didn't for players but did it for having partnership with interested co-publishers or investors.

But much more activities we'll see if or... In general it refers only in passive mode for us like players whom want to see the gamed game with rich community and with lot of players on preferred servers or on liked services directly.
It's not a paid article and it was taken from another resource. King's Bounty Online is absolutely not Royal Quest and it most like won't be re;eased outside Russia.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

In 2012, I could be anywhere and won't be able to get it. So I might not be able to play it, I'll have to wait and see.

I am sure that it will turn out well.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Registered Member

I know I will be in total favor of RQ.

I had taken a look at the D3 gameplay vids and to be quite honest. It heavily reminds me of Baldur's Gate which i played start to finish normal and nightmare in 1 night. The thing in BG that bothered me the most was the Loot drop system. I am aware that it is a minimal, if not trivial issue. But, bouncing loot just is not my thing lol.

Don't get me wrong. D3 graphics are pretty good. The game has it's own special spark to it. It just is not my cup of tea.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

Really like the art style, very much like King's Bounty, it's a somewhat faerytale-like fantasy world, somewhat funny but not overtly ridiculous like Deathspank. I even noticed some units that look very similar to KB units, like a Royal Thorn or the Orc shamans.

Any word about skills, classes, etc? From the trailer the game looks pretty much playeable and in beta stage, but the homepage doesn't delve into much detail.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:57 AM
Registered Member

My hat is off to 1C. That was a great trailer, and from the interview I read that was posted here it sounds like we may have a real contender for the next addictive, action-based mmo (and we really need one!).

Really hoping that 1C are fans of old UO and AC.

Couple of questions:

1) It appears there is a possibility of human-only playable races. Could it be that we will get a ridiculous amount of equipment customization as a trade-off?

2) Will we be choosing from timeless classics like the fighter, mage, and priest, or can we do whatever the heck we want?

3) Will each server be a single world, or will there be endless instances of all dungeons?

4) With servers in mind, can you please consider a pvp-only server, where everyone can fight everyone? You don't really even need to support this server, just make it happen then leave it be for the most part.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Approved Member

2012 is a little far off, lets not forget all the updates that come with all released games. I'm sure there will be plenty of equipment.