Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

I'll think of some "better" ideas later.

1. More female troops. Yes, I'm a bit of a perv :p But seriously, I think that there aren't enough female troops around to really make the female items any use.

2. Higher quality translation, w/ better dialogue system. Not a fault with Katauri as such, but I felt that a lot of dialogue was just walls of text. A better translation will also help correct some minor faults - It's a good translation, don't get me wrong, but I feel it could be a little better.

3. Customisable protagonist. Allow us to play as a male or a female, and perhaps customise their armour. I'm not suggesting the in-game representation, nor the portrait, should change with items found in-game, but it'd be nice to have, say, the Paladin Amelie but with her "normal" hair colour (i.e. black/brown)

4. Troop replenishment. One of the problems I found was that it can be very difficult to find a certain unit. Some of us aren't good with keeping our troop numbers (i.e. We can't do no loss), and it can be hard to replenish our favourite troops. I think it can be solved a few ways. Firstly, having a castle where you can "order" troops you need. Secondly, stores replenish their number of troops after a certain number of hours.

5. Going from point #4, how about a "main" castle for us? It could have a number of features, such as a similar system to HoMMV's tavern where you can find different companions.

6. Romance, perhaps? It might be a little out of place, perhaps not, but it'd be nice if a certain number of companions were "romance" options. There'd be no benefit to them (To keep things fair), but it'd just be a bit of fun. So, for example, there could be a Demoness who's a romance option and to win her heart you'd have to kill X number of troops. Because of the level of randomisation, it'd have to be of a certain type. So, 10 Human Units as another example. For simplicity's sake, how about allowing all for both male and female characters? So "Bill" could win a male's heart, "Amelie" a female's heart.

7. Not being royalty! We've done it in three games, it'd be nice to be something else such as a Lord's child or similar.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

@Dwagginz; liked point 4-5. A real base you could develop, get new quest as you progress, interact with characters, do some battles for fun (test new strategies or units and at the end of battle you don't win exp or money but also don't lose units)
Point 6 could be but I don't see much possibilities considering the past games (also I don't think Bill is the best name for your heroic avatar XD)

Point 7 is strong now in my list. Could even try a Dragon Age origin (multiple origins) or Fable II (start as a poor bastard and end as a king/queen) although I hardly think katauri would do it (please??)

@PuceMoose and @jake21; More puzzles are welcome. Also love to change the camera and look at the exotic land and see the smalls details (the squirrels in the trees, the snow that falls, the fish in the water, etc.). More of them are welcome.
Traps could be a very interesting strategy (new unit "trapper", ability : Put traps!)

New "full" races like the ones you put (Holy S***!! It's Killer Hyacinth!!) could be very fun. Then would like to request some arabic ones (like from Rise of Legends, loved the design of the units there)

@KarlosCV; new and more complex quest (the likes of go there/return/go/return and kill X -do search this are too boring and common). Some quest that have an impact on the story (save x so he will help you later but not as a seller like the in TL)

More heroes or special battles in the last quarter could help (also better AI)

The problem with the other races is that they rely on certain items and spells to have full power (paladin, dragon, etc. are already way strong as they are). Thorns, dwarves, undead, etc.

The miners and foremen, with the cooper flute and some other dwarves items are like a stampede, droids with the engineer and the correct items become nasty and thorns need diploma of botany and etc. Some units are more useful as the more complete the game is since you have more possibilities to make them become useful. The same with enemies (dragon eye, sword of the dragon, shield of rekross, dragon hunter's shield and bracelet of fury mince the dragons). The problem is having the correct items/spells/units/skills when the situation arrives.

@Heroe; I don't think item repetition is bad. Most of them won't have a replica since is too much of a coincidence that there are 2 of them. And 2 allow for some new strategies to different units so is just plain luck on what you get.

Also the tips in the load screen is good for people who are beginning to play the game (What's wrong with it? ) Maybe they could be deactivated in the option screen (in my opinion the game needs more variety of load screens and tips, they repeat too much)

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!

Last edited by onepiece; 10-05-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

@onepiece; With point 6, I just used the default names Bill Gilbert for TL, Amelie for AP

I love the idea of testing an army, too. I hadn't thought of that!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

@Dwagginz; I know but the name Bill Gilbert, in a Russian game, even in an English one sound ridiculous and not epic (well I called him Pepe Tapia in TL XD...which is a joke in my country).

Gotta love the people who give names at katauri (maybe we should make a thread: Name the hero of KB2!! With my invincible hero: Pompeyus the destroyer!!)

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!

Last edited by onepiece; 10-06-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

Bob.

That's my entry :p
Old 10-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

unless the next katauri game that they are going to announce between now & Nov is KB2, it will probably be a long while if ever that they get around to making a sequel.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Well, there are som big bugs/stupid things in this game like:
1spider can put web on 100bears and bears cant move.
1dwarf who throws fire or poison to 100bears, and next turn bears get 1k damage.
1 beholder can put to sleep any number of units(1lvl) to sleep.
Etc...

Another big thing is yeah, this game should have more different heroes/companions to choose...
More depth in castles, caves would be nice.Bigger maps too.
Leveling shouldnt be only for getting more units, but for something else.

Hints/tips in loading screens AND in main menu of crossworlds with huge list of "FEATURES" is a very very bad habit devs are making. Just leave the empty screen with beautiful scenery, no need to throw bullc*** in there.Im not harsh, just im letting u know how it makes many players feel.
But im not sure they will care about this threat, since it already contains a ton of improvements and no dev will take so much improvements in game...

Last edited by Heroe; 10-07-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroe View Post
Well, there are som big bugs/stupid things in this game like:
1spider can put web on 100bears and bears cant move.
1dwarf who throws fire or poison to 100bears, and next turn bears get 1k damage.
Etc...
That's not a bug, nor a stupid thing. It's how the game works, and it's how many games of the same genre work.

Quote:
Leveling shouldnt be only for getting more units, but for something else.
It is for more things than a higher Leadership total. You increase your skills, unlock abilities (via runes, of course) and become more powerful. Without Leadership, you can't take units, so that's vital to the levelling and gameplay process.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Etc...
I agree with you here, these effects should be scaled, at least the poison/fire after effects should be.

Quote:
Hints/tips in loading screens AND in main menu of crossworlds with huge list of "FEATURES" is a very very bad habit devs are making. Just leave the empty screen with beautiful scenery, no need to throw bullc*** in there.Im not harsh, just im letting u know how it makes many players feel.
But im not sure they will care about this threat, since it already contains a ton of improvements and no dev will take so much improvements in game...
However, here you've lost me. Why is looking at an empty loading screen better than seeing some basic tips that could help beginner players? Who are all the many players whom this causes as much grief as yourself (apparently)? This is the first time I've heard of such a complaint and, frankly, it's beyond ridiculous.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
I agree with you here, these effects should be scaled, at least the poison/fire after effects should be.

However, here you've lost me. Why is looking at an empty loading screen better than seeing some basic tips that could help beginner players? Who are all the many players whom this causes as much grief as yourself (apparently)? This is the first time I've heard of such a complaint and, frankly, it's beyond ridiculous.
I agree. Now that I'm a veteran of KB, I don't even notice the tips.

As someone else said, the biggest improvement they could make is to make it more challenging in the later stages of the game.

My biggest wish for KB2 is really simple - make KB2. I'm confident that if they decide to make KB2 it will be great.