Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

Post I Think We Get It.

OK, I think by now I, and the many on this forum get the point of your complaints, and dissatisfaction with the game. Some of you are just on the ban wagon repeating the same thing multiple times, and creating multiple threads. Almost all the complaints have been heard, and for the most part addressed by myself, and others. Use the search engine. If your topic has been covered, then go there, and report it. If it has not, then feel free to create a thread, and write your opinion, or complaint. This board/forum is loaded with multiple & duplicate topics/threads/postings repeating the same old thing by the same individuals. We get it!

Unless I'm directed otherwise, I will delete, or relocate these continuous repetitive complaints addressing the same topic by the same individuals. Most, if not all of these complaints are valid ones, but how many times are they going to be addressed? A small portion of you are just plain cynical, and have nothing better to do then to rip apart this game without even giving it a chance, and playing it for just a little while, and discovering some of it's good points. This game is not that bad. I have seen much worse, and yes, much better, but stop beating a dead horse!

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-05-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

I totally agree with you!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

So do I.

One thing is posting some points you think that need a review to improve the great game that this is and another is to be shouting all around that this game sucks this and that.

There's one thing I always say about games: "If you don't like it, then don't play it!"

It is just as simple as that.

The game needs some improvements? Of course, everyone is almost bald to know that and that the company is working hard to make them, but where's the point of complaining and complaining about it all the time?

Try to feel the game and try to have fun with it as I do, and you'll realize that the bugs are silly things that won't take your fun away.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by veemaxis View Post
So do I.

One thing is posting some points you think that need a review to improve the great game that this is and another is to be shouting all around that this game sucks this and that.

There's one thing I always say about games: "If you don't like it, then don't play it!"

It is just as simple as that.

The game needs some improvements? Of course, everyone is almost bald to know that and that the company is working hard to make them, but where's the point of complaining and complaining about it all the time?

Try to feel the game and try to have fun with it as I do, and you'll realize that the bugs are silly things that won't take your fun away.
i totally agree with both youself and usatrucker and have found that the small silly bugs are just that and do not ruin the game in way shape or form and if any they help me to enjoy this game more
Old 07-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

And I totally disagree. Everyone who has a problem should raise their voice otherwise it will look as if the problem only affected one or two users. This doesn't neccesserily mean open a new topic for the same error mutliple times but at least post a comment in the existing topic saying that yes I had the same problem. Otherwise the bug will go to the bottom of the developers todo list, since they'll see (if they even look at the forum) that only one or two users complained about this, then its not so important to fix.

Quote:
This board/forum is loaded with multiple & duplicate topics/threads/postings repeating the same old thing.
Its like blaming the cow for giving milk. We don't complain because we like to complain, we complain because we feel ripped off by the developers. And there is no other way to express our dissatisfaction than posting on the boards, and hope that if enought complaints reach the developers they'll try and do something, or at least give a signal that yes we're working on that particular problem, be patient.

Imagine yourself in our place: You go to a shop, buy something and it doesn't work, you take it back to the shop, only to be kicked out by the owner because you're the fivehundredth customer who brought back the same malfunctioning product. Would you give a damn that you're the nth? No, you wouldn't care, because in the end all you're concerned with is that you paid for something and you didn't get what you expected.
Being the 500th to expereince the same problem doesn't make any difference from the users point of view.

Quote:
If you don't like it, then don't play it!
That's only valid if you got the game for free, but since most people paid for it, the least they could expect is to be able to play the game without constantly bumping into walls.

Quote:
I can't imagine anything more exasperating than having to go back hours or days in the game because of some "silly bug", that would have only taken a few hours to fix. Of course, uncovering the bugs needs months of through testing. But as I've already pointed out they could have had thousands of volunteers for free.

And please don't threat the developers as saviors just because they are (supposedly?) working on a patch, obviously the time they had was more than enough, so after 10 years of doing almost nothing its time to earn their paychecks.

And for the last time noone says that the game in itself is bad. But its unfinished and buggy. Yes its a much better than any of the 18WOS series, but that doesn't compensate for being a buggy piece of you know what.

Quote:
they help me to enjoy this game more

Last edited by USA Trucker; 12-03-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
And I totally disagree. Everyone who has a problem should raise their voice otherwise it will look as if the problem only affected one or two users. This doesn't neccesserily mean open a new topic for the same error mutliple times but at least post a comment in the existing topic saying that yes I had the same problem. Otherwise the bug will go to the bottom of the developers todo list, since they'll see (if they even look at the forum) that only one or two users complained about this, then its not so important to fix.
I have no problem with this. My statement is for the same people complaining about the same thing multiple times, or creating a new thread repeating the same topic already covered in another thread. Those will be deleted. I'm not going to go all around the board deleting things prior to me being a moderator, but I will delete, or relocate these postings, or threads from here on out. It makes the board crowded, and dis-organized with "look-a-like" threads/postings.

Quote:
Its like blaming the cow for giving milk. We don't complain because we like to complain, we complain because we feel ripped off by the developers. And there is no other way to express our dissatisfaction than posting on the boards, and hope that if enought complaints reach the developers they'll try and do something, or at least give a signal that yes we're working on that particular problem, be patient.
Before you came on this board, a lot of the complaints were addressed by DonnerWetter (RNR Developer). Also a lot of the complainers here only list complaints, and nothing else. I don't consider them to be very objective people. Many people complain about the game, myself included, but to a large degree we also give some of the good points too. No game is perfect, and no game is all bad.

Quote:
I can't imagine anything more exasperating than having to go back hours or days in the game because of some "silly bug", that would have only taken a few hours to fix. Of course, uncovering the bugs needs months of through testing. But as I've already pointed out they could have had thousands of volunteers for free.
This is one of the reasons why I have always said to "Have many saved game points". This game is very similar to a Role Playing game. I don't play those games without a zillion save points regardless of bugs, glitches, or a mistake I have made, and want to do it over. It only makes sense.

Quote:
And please don't threat the developers as saviors just because they are (supposedly?) working on a patch, obviously the time they had was more than enough, so after 10 years of doing almost nothing its time to earn their paychecks.
Nobody ever said they were. All that has been said by me, is that they're working on it. There have been some set-backs, but only to hopefully address many of the issues reported.

Quote:
And for the last time noone says that the game in itself is bad. But its unfinished and buggy. Yes its a much better than any of the 18WOS series, but that doesn't compensate for being a buggy piece of you know what.
You obviously haven't read the board enough. There are loads of people that claim this game is nothing, but bad. Some just play only to point out the bad, and not the good. That's just a waste of time, and energy that could be best spent on other things. Yes, I do agree with the statement "If you don't like it, don't play it". What I mean by this is.... If they have played it long enough, and made their postings of dis-approval, then just don't play it anymore, and stop coming here trashing it with the same comments that they have already posted. It's as simple as that.

Let's not make this yet another trashing, or rage thread. So far things are going OK. I want to keep it that way.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-03-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
That's only valid if you got the game for free, but since most people paid for it, the least they could expect is to be able to play the game without constantly bumping into walls.
Now it's me who totally disagree with you.
I have some games here that I DID PAY for them and which at first I thought they'd be fun and cool and I found out they weren't... What did I do? I stopped playing them and that's all.

To express our unhappyness with something is quite normal for everyone, but blaming the developers and the game itself all around is, TO ME, trying to find someone to put the guilt on. Of course they have some guilt, they've released it as it is, but you should be REALLY FREAKING AWARE to expect some bugs when you bought it, as well as many other games from bigger developers do come out with bugs sometimes.

Now, try to think a little bit. They've launched a game that IS GREAT thoug it is a bit buggy and they wanna keep selling it. If they leave the game as it is, nobody would recommend it and they'll end up loosing money. I don't work for them, I don't know any of them, but I'm pretty sure they're working on something as well as many other game developers who released a game really expected by the gamers, realized it has bugs and then work to fix them so they can keep selling. Have you ever thought on that?
Old 07-04-2010, 01:16 AM
centy2010

For me, it's as simple as that :

- Customer not happy --> customer complain.

This forum is my interface with the company.

Cause I'm not sure that a frustrated customer would be very happy to see that his problem wasn't taken in account.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-04-2010 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Rule 14. Comments deleted.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Approved Member

@Centy2010
You really need to re-read my post as I made it clear on how I will go about this. I don't arbitrarily delete threads, or postings. 95% of them I relocate the proper thread, as many have found out by now. I follow the rules. It is the moderators discretion to delete duplicate, or similar threads, and posts, especially from the same poster. I don't have to confer on this. It's a judgment call. If the poster has a complaint, they can contact Nite-it, or Sneaksie. I'm quite sure they are reading my inputs/remarks, and I have not broken any rules. Frustration is one thing, flooding the board is another.

I have received numerous compliments with regards to cleaning up the board. I'm not going to stop doing my job because, a selected few choose to repeat themselves, and trash this game at every opportunity because, they have nothing better to do. You seem to dissect everything I say, and put things in that aren't there without really reading. If you read it you'll find you're in error. This is the second time you tried to make me look less then competent, or questioned my decision, and authority. I have warned you about this before. Now you can take a break for a week.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-04-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
Before you came on this board, a lot of the complaints were addressed by DonnerWetter (RNR Developer).
If you say so.
Quote:
Also a lot of the complainers here only list complaints, and nothing else. I don't consider them to be very objective people. Many people complain about the game, myself included, but to a large degree we also give some of the good points too. No game is perfect, and no game is all bad.
Most games have less problems than this one has. Lets separate the game concept and implementation. In concept this is the best trucking game yet, but in implementation its on the bottom of the list, only a few crappy lowbudget games are worse. And most games don't came out 6-7 years late. I can't imagine how could the publisher have so much patience. And the developers still didn't came through.
Quote:
This is one of the reasons why I have always said to "Have many saved game points". This game is very similar to a Role Playing game. I don't play those games without a zillion save points regardless of bugs, glitches, or a mistake I have made, and want to do it over. It only makes sense.
I never used many savegames, I only made separate saves at important turning points in games, so I can go back and try out what happens if I make another choice. And I rarely if ever had any problems. You make many separate saves thats your choice but it wouldn't be neccessary if the game was bug free. Anyway making lots of saves only helps in certain cases, and it wouldn't have helped when I realized after playing for a day that I cannot take new orders in warehouses, because the game said I already had one.
Quote:
Nobody ever said they were. All that has been said by me, is that they're working on it. There have been some set-backs, but only to hopefully address many of the issues reported.
They sure take their time. I know that this is a problem with small developers when they attempt to deliver too much, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to turn a blind eye.
Quote:
You obviously haven't read the board enough. There are loads of people that claim this game is nothing, but bad. Some just play only to point out the bad, and not the good. That's just a waste of time, and energy that could be best spent on other things. Yes, I do agree with the statement "If you don't like it, don't play it". What I mean by this is.... If they have played it long enough, and made their postings of dis-approval, then just don't play it anymore, and stop coming here trashing it with the same comments that they have already posted. It's as simple as that.
I'm continuing to play (or at least trying to play) but I'm also close to the point where I'll have had enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veemaxis View Post
Now it's me who totally disagree with you.
I have some games here that I DID PAY for them and which at first I thought they'd be fun and cool and I found out they weren't... What did I do? I stopped playing them and that's all.
I'm happy for you, but I don't live in the mighty us of a, or wherever you are, I don't have the money to throw out the window. the avarage annual income here is about 6000$ yes, annual. And the software prices are just the same, or even more since most publishers and companies like to use the 1$ = 1€ conversion, and we have 25% tax on EVERYTHING. What I'm saying is I don't have the luxury to just throw away the game that I spent 40$ on, and go out and buy another that might be better.
Quote:
To express our unhappyness with something is quite normal for everyone, but blaming the developers and the game itself all around is, TO ME, trying to find someone to put the guilt on. Of course they have some guilt, they've released it as it is, but you should be REALLY FREAKING AWARE to expect some bugs when you bought it, as well as many other games from bigger developers do come out with bugs sometimes.
I never expect any game to be bug-free, but this one is freakin riddled with bugs and errors, and nut just bugs end errors, for example the weather system in completely inoperable.
Quote:
Now, try to think a little bit. They've launched a game that IS GREAT thoug it is a bit buggy and they wanna keep selling it. If they leave the game as it is, nobody would recommend it and they'll end up loosing money. I don't work for them, I don't know any of them, but I'm pretty sure they're working on something as well as many other game developers who released a game really expected by the gamers, realized it has bugs and then work to fix them so they can keep selling. Have you ever thought on that?
I just can't in good conscience recommend a game this buggy to anyone. The best I can say to anyone who is planning on buying is to wait at least until the next patch comes out, and we'll see how it works out.