Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:45 AM
Approved Member

Default New pilots report here...

Welcome to the 1C BoP forum. You will find a wealth of information and advice to the best game ever made about air combat via consoles. Everything you encounter...someone here has had troubles with, so before you post a question on the issue...do a search of the forum. Trust me, most likely the answer is there. But do take the time and introduce yourself here. Post who you are...what system you play ( PS or Xbox), the time zone you are in, maybe a little about yourself/experience flying/fun fact....you are going to find a bunch of great guys/gals ( from top aces to peeps in the nest) who will help you make BoP ( Birds of Prey) a complete addiction. So, again, welcome to the best and most fun flying community. Anybody else have anything to add?? What do you want to know about the new recruit?
Old 06-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Approved Member

I have made a previous post but figured I would post again... I play the game on the X box 360 and hope to meet with you guys in the air very soon.. Eastern time zone.. My love for planes comes from my dad.. i remember him drawing me a picture of one when I was a very small kid.. He worked on P3's for 40 years at NAS Jax and will be missed greatly...

My favorite plane in RL is the P 47 Razorback.. Favorite plane in the game is yet to be decided but I have scored nicely on a friends PS3 with a lowley hurricane... I seem to have a hard time with the spitties though while in that thing lol... Havent figured out how to get the upper hand against a spitfire and it seems like everyone uses them now days...
Old 07-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Approved Member

Default Hi Ya

Okey so im a new pilot to the PS3 Birds of Prey game. I havent figured out yet how to get to the online play. Ive beaten arcade mode and have been trying to develop my skills on realistic before i go for sim. Found my love for WWII aircraft from my dad and uncle. Both were in the USAF and use to compete on model building. Some of the models can be seen at March Air Force Base air museum. Favorite aircraft was the P-38 "Forked Tailed Devil" Lightning. shame there arnt more in the game..
Old 07-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

welcome guys.... we will see you in the air.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

Default Checking in!

I play on the Xbox 360 and I am in the Eastern Time Zone, I play during the hours of 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM.

I work 3rd shift so the day time hours works for me the best.
I have never actually flown a plane or taken a ride in a single engine plane.
I have logged over 400hrs in X-Plane. (Very different from dog fighting!)
Old 07-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Approved Member

welcome to the forum cryptic
Old 07-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Welcome to the new pilots. I think it would be a good idea to sticky something like this so new pilots have a place to introduce themselves and to find the gamertags of fellow pilots. Seems we have a lot of new pilots that can't find new games and need to network.

Edit: Lost Apiarist
Pacific time zone
Realistic or Simulation.

Last edited by Lost Apiarist; 01-30-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

Soviet Ace, reporting for flight combat in the 72nd SAP, sir!

I've got 1200+ hours in an I-16, 1-15, and I-153. I will defend the Motherland to my last fighting breath. Even if that means ramming the enemy's plane with my own!
Old 07-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

Very good idea on the thread Bobbysocks.

psn:trk29 I play on ps3
Old 07-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Good day to you all; Jim di Griz, the Stainless Steel Rat here

A relatively new flyer in the virtual skies of anachronous encounters, I fly a PS3 during the daytime (Grenwich Mean Time) mostly, under the PSN ID of MeanElf.

I've yet to complete the game to my satisfaction, though all campaigns and missions are done, except the irritation of 'Downtown Berlin', which I just can't seem to nail. I'm sure I will one day though. I'm also starting in on the campaigns again at Realistic and Simulator levels too - which is proving somewhat interesting.

I do have the weakness of vanishing off once in every while to play other games. I've thoroughly enjoyed my flying time so far though, both in campaign mode and online, so those of you who fly during the daylight hours, expect to see me back soon.

Have fun folks!