Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Arrow What's Good About Rig ‘n’ Roll?

I guess by now everyone had their shot about what they don't like about RnR, and how bad it is for whatever reason. I think it's high time to talk about the good points of RnR. In human nature it's easy to complain then to praise, as it is easy to destroy then to create.

I'll start by the biggest plus the game has to offer. The "Scenery & Graphics" are definitely the best I've seen in a trucking game. Right down to the water-grooves on some of the highways, and night-time lighting (especially the GG Bridge). I also like the way the truck leans to one side on a turn, and bounces on bumps. I like the way my G25 reacts to bumps/curbs & dirt/grassy grounds.

I don't want to hog it all up. So, I'll leave the rest for other members. Your input is just as important as the complaints. Please list only compliments/praises on this thread. Complaints will be edited, or deleted.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-22-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Approved Member

-Scenery
-story (missions)
-large map
-dynamic gameplay (you never know what you will see/get on the next highway)
-addictive (you always want to quit after you deliver just this one cargo, but you never stop lol)
-a lot of different road and intersection types
-mountains
Old 06-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

Well to start off....
1.- As your truck gets older it takes on more problems...such as steering gets messed up, brakes get worn out and other things
2.-How you can pick up a job in a bar, or out on the road ^_^
3.- Story mode is awesome....and it actually makes sense.
4.-AI doesnt just sit there after you hit them like in SCS series game, they actually attempt to get back on the road and keep on moving.
5.-Control of your company and fleet is realistic, you have to maintain and stay up-to-date with your drivers or they will quit (happened to me 3 times :/) also you must maintain your drivers' trucks or else performance and delivery times is decreased.
6.-Game is interactive....as you choose your own story and own life to the game. Not just based on deliveries as in the SCS hard truck series. Its based on making life decisions, wether or not to help people or stay on track with your cargo.
7.-The CB Radio keeps you up-to-date with your surroundings (job offers, accidents, also a funny talk show lol)
8.-Police charges... Pretty much realistic offenses as to what you will get in real life (not giving the right of way to a vehicle...)
9.-Game options...Single delivery the (Arcade mode) and Story the (Adventure mode)
10.-Accessories Everything is realistic in real life too,...Guide lights on the truck...Navigation systems... the SCS series cannot even come close to this!
11.-Realisim with crashes...When you crash your truck actually wears and becomes absolete or comes to a point when you cant even start your truck! Also if you are crashing an object in the game at speeds such as 80+ you can actually die!( i've died about 10 times :])
12.-Your able to take on the realism of a real trucker
13.- Best truck simulator game invented so far
Old 06-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
Well to start off....
1.- As your truck gets older it takes on more problems...such as steering gets messed up, brakes get worn out and other things
2.-How you can pick up a job in a bar, or out on the road ^_^
3.- Story mode is awesome....and it actually makes sense.
4.-AI doesnt just sit there after you hit them like in SCS series game, they actually attempt to get back on the road and keep on moving.
5.-Control of your company and fleet is realistic, you have to maintain and stay up-to-date with your drivers or they will quit (happened to me 3 times :/) also you must maintain your drivers' trucks or else performance and delivery times is decreased.
6.-Game is interactive....as you choose your own story and own life to the game. Not just based on deliveries as in the SCS hard truck series. Its based on making life decisions, wether or not to help people or stay on track with your cargo.
7.-The CB Radio keeps you up-to-date with your surroundings (job offers, accidents, also a funny talk show lol)
8.-Police charges... Pretty much realistic offenses as to what you will get in real life (not giving the right of way to a vehicle...)
9.-Game options...Single delivery the (Arcade mode) and Story the (Adventure mode)
10.-Accessories Everything is realistic in real life too,...Guide lights on the truck...Navigation systems... the SCS series cannot even come close to this!
11.-Realisim with crashes...When you crash your truck actually wears and becomes absolete or comes to a point when you cant even start your truck! Also if you are crashing an object in the game at speeds such as 80+ you can actually die!( i've died about 10 times :])
12.-Your able to take on the realism of a real trucker
13.- Best truck simulator game invented so far
pretty much that
Old 06-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

Trucks and upgrades
The location and view is amazing
Story is cool I think 3 endings so thats alot of gameplay
Economic strategy is also nice
Old 06-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Wink

Glad you found us.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

It's hard looking at a small screen on my Iphone and trying to bail silage at the same time having to look at my bail control but I have maybe 5 more bails to do and I'm away home so thats 14 hours I have worked today

Play Rig when I'm home for an hour before bed
Old 06-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb87 View Post
It's hard looking at a small screen on my Iphone and trying to bail silage at the same time having to look at my bail control but I have maybe 5 more bails to do and I'm away home so thats 14 hours I have worked today

Play Rig when I'm home for an hour before bed
Just 14 hours. I'm envy of you. Between Moderating, and my office I do about 18+. What's bed? I just go into a 6 hour coma.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

Truse me mate 14 hour work shifts are just the start we will soon be 6am to 10pm working harvest and lifting potatoes the money is good but you miss out on social life
Old 06-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb87 View Post
Truse me mate 14 hour work shifts are just the start we will soon be 6am to 10pm working harvest and lifting potatoes the money is good but you miss out on social life
OK, let's get back on topic. I'm sure people are getting bored with our mundane lives. Feel free to PM me anytime, and I'll forward you my E-Mail address.