Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

It will be a standalone expansion so it won't correct any Civil War bugs.
don't be so strict. It's kinda funny to see meat instead of meet

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 05-09-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:24 AM
Approved Member

Too bad it was not as halarious as the Men of War translations.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Approved Member

yeaah more star wolves sounds good, but is there a german translation of SW3CW coming out and wahts with the nest is there an chance for a german version?

and whats up with the voices thats scream me that there is only one person in SW3CW who have voice (not in text only battle an command speak, what was his name ... i forget it XD), can't you mak voices they can be an extra for those who wanted them like DLC on steam ... greeting mk_sky
Old 05-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Approved Member

You are talking about Kalem... Kalem always struck me as the most pointless pilot in the entire game, I dont remember him actually having any lines beyond the point you meet him. The only thing that irritates me is that the developers could have introduced him so much earlier in the game and actually help allieviate the problem of having hardly any pilots most of the game.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Approved Member

Kalem is good, his skills are very useful. For me is very pointless Validol.
But i will prefer more pilots for each fraction.

There should be more MS beacuse some are good as Lion MK II and some are underestimated as MS-119.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Kalem is good, his skills are very useful.
I was talking about Story-wise, not skill-wise. You could have removed Kalem completely and the story would have not changed at all. I do not remember him doing anything remarkable except escaping and taking possession of an armed transport, something Ternie herself could have done.

The thing that Irks me is that Kalem is the big reason why you are forced to stick with an obnoxiously low number of pilots throughout the entire game. If Kalem did not exist, a character could have been added much sooner. Imagine if, for every situation in Star Wolves 3, you had an additional pilot for every situation before Kalem arrives on the team. You would start with 3 pilots on the Pirate ship and after Greyhair you would have four, and after you got Validol or Che or whoever, you would have five. For the alien missions, Six.

But, I would rather see in-game support for a far greater number of pilots. Eight would be a good starting point. The interface would only need minor modifications to handle it. You could reserve six of the slots for storyline pilots like now, and use the last two slots for hirable pilots, perhaps through the mercenary window. To be honest, it is rather bizzare to me that they kept the god-awful useless Mercenaries (Mine always got themselves killed in the first firefight I brought them into... I want a refund!) but ditched the random missions which were actually useful for getting up early money in the early stage of the game when you are too weak to fight anything.

Last edited by Nanaki; 05-10-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
To be honest, it is rather bizzare to me that they kept the god-awful useless Mercenaries (Mine always got themselves killed in the first firefight I brought them into... I want a refund!)
Depends on the point of view. They draw enemy fire giving your pilots several seconds of free shooting (I use them in this role sometimes). They are meant to be killed! IMO money is not an issue. But of course I would change them for random missions at once.

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 05-10-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard View Post
Depends on the point of view. They draw enemy fire giving your pilots several seconds of free shooting (I use them in this role sometimes). They are meant to be killed! IMO money is not an issue. But of course I would change them for random missions at once.
Money is always an issue when you need to buy something. If you already have all of the best stuff, than money is not worth anything to you anymore. The value of mercenaries is not absolutly zero, but it is certainly lower than getting a better fighter or a better gun. Why would I throw away 200K (100K for initial purchase, 100K for the next system you expect a fight in) for some mercs who wont last 5 seconds in a real fight when I can spend it on a new fifth generation fighter that hardly costs much more.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
I was talking about Story-wise, not skill-wise. You ....
Yes i understand, its hard to fight with only 2 pilots I think there should be option when you leave Elio.
If player decide go to Gredos, he should meet again Nataly and he will join team.
If player decide go to Hespatus, he will rescue Kalem.

And not go to rescue Ternie with only 3 pilots (except one path there are 4) and disabled MS.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Trucidation

Nice points raised.

1. Removal of pilot cap. Well, not too big a deal for me because I treated it as a limitation challenge of the storyline, but yes I can see where you guys are coming from: it would be nice to not fly with only half a crew for most of the game.

2. Large scale battles. My only problem is the graphics engine. For most of the time it's fine. But when there's a map with fog particles the framerate just dies. I know I'm playing on an older machine (I sneak my laptop to work), but it handles the rest of the game just fine, so the drop in framerate shouldn't be THAT bad.

3. Random missions. I didn't play SW2 as I heard it was bugged to hell (sorry 1C, but after decades of buying unfinished games I refuse to be a beta test guinea pig anymore). A working random mission board would be nice. Especially if the missions are actually varied, and not simply different ways of saying "kill X for $Y dollars".

4. More mothership freedom. We can buy fighters, so why not motherships? Expensive as hell, by all means. But don't force us to depend on storyline trigger changes. That's unfun, bro.

5. Modular ship design. I agree with Goblin Wizard, the current system is nice but not enough. Ya I know it's easy to force players to choose whether to boost engines or firing rate in that one system slot, but the problem is there aren't enough ship designs to make this viable. Let's face it, everyone flies around in Gunslinger Ts or something at the endgame. The ships are pretty much a "big, bigger, biggest" kind of deal. Let's make them more varied and useful.

-
I'm not too hot on the trade / other structures thing. I mean, yeah, those would be absolutely awesome, but they're quite large addition to enter into the game as it is. The other additions however can be made rather painlessly.

Hell, allow us to slap custom textures on our motherships and fighters (maintenance station "paint job" option), that alone would be fun while only incurring minimal effort on the dev's part (just check that the texture the player selects meets certain size and format criteria). Let's see how badass the pirates feel while getting shot out space by someone flying a neon pink ship, rofl.