Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About RnR?
I Love It (needs very little improvements) Please explain. 9 9.68%
I Like It (needs some improvements) Please explain. 40 43.01%
It's OK (needs a lot of improvements) Please explain. 30 32.26%
I Hate It (needs vast improvements) Please explain. 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Approved Member

Arrow What Do You Think About Rig ‘n’ Roll?

OK, I'm sure by now there are enough people here that own the game to finally start a poll. Which ever way you vote, please explain your reason, so others may benefit from your wisdom. Actual owners please. No armchair observers. This way we all know that you have actually "Played" the game, regardless if you paid for it, or used someone else's Key (English, Russian, or any other version).

I voted "It's OK". The game claims to be a simulator, and I believe it is anything but. There is way too much racing, and competitive deliveries. For a game with such good graphics, they could have make the weather much better. Rain don't hardly qualify as a drizzle, and the window wipers effect is poor, or non-existent. You don't get to drive your truck in, or out of the warehouse, or even unhook/hook up your trailer there. To me this is part of the fun, and skill of driving the truck. The truck physics of turning have more of a sliding effect, rather then a turning effect, and the trailer physics could use improvement too.

I could go on, but I'll leave you guys some room. In the mean time make your voices heard. Good, bad, or indifferent.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-01-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

I dont like it.

I explain it in other posts.....
Old 04-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danizzz View Post
I dont like it.

I explain it in other posts.....
Yah, but not everyone knows where, or just didn't see it. Even a short explanation would be good. Saying you just don't like it, isn't very helpful, and that's what I'm trying to do. This could be the one place that 1C/RnR will look, and hopefully address us.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Default its just about ok

i voted thats it ok,but it needs a lot of improvement,simulation they say i dont think so,physics is crap on the trailers,far far to much racing,GET RID OF IT 1C,what is the point of having abutton to hook u the trailers if you cant do it yours self,i never seen a truck being able to do dounuts also no need for timelimits it should be a relaxing game not rush rush rush,speed limits are non exsistant,ai are stupid,why also is there no tire ware?sounds are horrible,good points are,grapics,damage,upgrade,s,is there any point in posting at all?are 1c looking at our comments?is there anyway that they can be contacted to find out if the will fix these probs or are we wasting out time posting?

Last edited by =XIII=Shea; 04-21-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Voted "It's OK".

My main gripe with this game is it's poor performance. I just can't enjoy any game when it's sluggish. It's sad because without the horribly implemented traffic the game runs smooth as silk and has some amazing graphics. Especially the transistions between evening/night/morning are beautifully done and add some amazing atmosphere to the game.

That sad, I just want to pick a truck, select some cargo, put on some nice music and drive. That's why I have to agree with USA Trucker on the racing/competitive deliveries part. Not so much because it may or may not reflect real life but because I want to do things at my own pace in this game.

Ofcourse there are a lot of things that would make this game better e.g. manual hooking/unhooking at the warehouses, more activity around truckstops (look deserted now)...but those are not my main concerns.

I bet that for a lot of people on this forum, the performance part is the least of their concerns but to each his own I guess. Really looking forward to the patch as they promised a decent performance boost.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatekk View Post
Voted "It's OK".

My main gripe with this game is it's poor performance. I just can't enjoy any game when it's sluggish.
This is one problem I don't have. I have everything maxed out, and it runs as smooth as a babies bottom. I think this is a computer issue, not a gaming one. I have not seen one jerky clip, freeze, blackout, or sluggish movement as of yet. Your other points I agree with.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
This is one problem I don't have. I have everything maxed out, and it runs as smooth as a babies bottom.
You're playing the English version right? I'm still on the Russian one. I doubt it has anything to do with my computer. I have it installed on two different systems (mine and my brother's). Both setups surprass the recommended specs by a mile, both are freshly installed, have the latest drivers, are defragged etc.

I know that "smooth" can be subjective thing but I really doubt anyone would call this smooth as a babies bottom. So I guess they might have fixed this in the English version because the Russian forums are full of people with the same complaints and among them are many who have top-of-the-bill systems.

Also, on top of the patch list that was released a couple of weeks ago was the major performance boost, so it really is an issue with the game, not with my system.

Last edited by novatekk; 04-21-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatekk View Post
I know that "smooth" can be subjective thing but I really doubt anyone would call this smooth as a babies bottom.
Would you prefer "smooth" as silk, mink, velvet, etc. It's just an expression. Yes, I do have the English version. So, I guess your issue has merit. Sorry.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

I like it, but it needs a lot more polishing. There are just too many stupid little problems and random things, it's hard to play it even for half an hour and not have something random mess things up for you at least once.

I don't think it needs more realism, this isn't for the hardcore sim enthusiasts who values realism over fun.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
Would you prefer "smooth" as silk, mink, velvet, etc. It's just an expression. Yes, I do have the English version. So, I guess your issue has merit. Sorry.
Haha! No, no you got me all wrong m8 I know it's an expression. I just meant to say that the frames I got are far from as smooth as a babies butt

With subjective I meant that some regard 30 fps as smooth while others may prefer higher framerates.