Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorn324 View Post
1c made one fault and that is release a game 50% of the buyers now don't understand. Cause we are impatient including me
It is a nice game but now you can't configure your options because you don't understand a thing of it. So a lot of things aren't configured to your profile yet, just give it a try when it's out in english.
Some guy translated almost all menu's and now it's starting to make some sense.
Menu: http://truckpol.proboards.com/index....y&thread=48391
Controls(post : http://truckpol.proboards.com/index....y&thread=47843

Only the missions are a bit difficult cause I don't know what they are asking.
ROFL

Then wait for the English release :p
Old 12-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pook View Post
I think that the only solution is total modifiability!! If Softlab not stupid, so give opportunity to complete modifiability. I will say one thing. The game has a basis. Building stone potential, but that's all. I do not think they would be able hardcore real simulator. Failed to correct physics for 10 years! It is hard we can be ready in patches .... I just laugh the developer, what prewiev video talking about physics. The man probably did not complete even primary school to talk rubbish like to shit. Sound is chaos and a headache. How to flush the toilet. Missing walkers / parked vehicles / traffic lights / life / mist / mud / thunder lightning / wind / optimization / support for all gaming devices / TrackIR / strange view from the cockpit is not set manual zoom + not position seats / multyplayer and etc etc etc ... . Base is there. Game world is interesting, but the roads very much roadblocks. Only modifiability as well as stupid game by SCS. But thanks to the modifiability these silly games live. Impossible to modifiability and if not addressed optimization, patches and any bugs, this game will flop ......

yes I think the same. I think it is very very good base,and with modding it can be very realistic sim. Just I think that developers could fix the game if they wanted. Somehow I feel that this type physic has something to do with
with that mix of arcade and simulation wich most of times comes out really bad.

Playd some more:

was driving at ~70 km/h and shifted in to reverse , the truck slowly stoped and started going backwards :]] truely a complex system of damage of all truck components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorn324 View Post
1c made one fault and that is release a game 50% of the buyers now don't understand. Cause we are impatient including me
It is a nice game but now you can't configure your options because you don't understand a thing of it. So a lot of things aren't configured to your profile yet, just give it a try when it's out in english.
Some guy translated almost all menu's and now it's starting to make some sense.
Menu: http://truckpol.proboards.com/index....y&thread=48391
Controls(post : http://truckpol.proboards.com/index....y&thread=47843

Only the missions are a bit difficult cause I don't know what they are asking.
could you give a link to translation file, cuz I can't login to truckpol somehow.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-25-2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Merged Postings Into One.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:38 AM
Registered Member

I gave up on this game when they said they ditched Multiplayer to release it quicker then projected. Yeah... How many years was it again? 6 or 7?

My friend and I were waiting for this game just for the multiplayer alone... I mean it would have been the ONLY damn trucker sim with Multiplayer...(Like Sim Multiplayer, not that crap they had with racing and arcade style games) Then bam... They took that away.

I have not played the game at all so I have not one clue on the actual game play on my computer but... I will say that all the video's and stuff lead me to believe that this is a game that USA gamers will be very disappointed at.

I think they should have gone with a more MMORPG style of game with trucking.

Just like how every Trucker Sim game has (18 WoS, The Euro, German and UK Truck Simulator, ect.), you start out with nothing but a cheep truck and hardly any cash then work your way up to make a huge enterprise of a company and own the trucking world.

Well take out the stupid AI truckers and add real life players to the formula.
Now you have actual virtual companies that are real players working together.

Talking about this may lead to a better development of a new Rig'n'Roll 2
I know they won't make a patch with multiplayer, maybe a add-on for more sales, I mean IF they fix everything were asking (and that is a big if, pun intended ) Then there would be 2 very happy Americans buying Rig'n'Roll.

Last edited by Stoned_Trucker; 03-12-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned_Trucker View Post
Talking about this may lead to a better development of a new Rig'n'Roll 2
yeah in another 20 years lol, tbh i have completely given up on this game now, they made a big mistake by releasing the game in russian first, how many russians have bought this game, compared to how many english speaking people would have bought it, but now because they released in russian before english, the russians have said how bad this game is, so now english people will not buy it!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:05 AM
Registered Member

Default Very Disappointed

Got the US release version. Very Disappointed. No Track IR support, physics are horrible, AI drivers are horrible, rain is not enough to warrant the use of the wipers, the damn police always seem to know if you nicked someone's car, heck the police is "too much policing", they might as well be gestapo or KGB.

My fault is Im a sucker for trucking games... after 18 WOS series, i thought RNR would be like Simbin's GTR series is to trucking games... or maybe Codemaster's Dirt or Grid games. Honestly, its only half a notch better than WOS because of graphics, but its pretty much the same flat and dull trucking game that is WOS. RNR is NOT what Hard Truck or Hard Truck 2/King of the Road were during their time. HT was a game changer. And its a shame after all these years, 1C is only able to come up with a game that's only marginally better than HT by today's gaming standards.

If only I could get a refund.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

The first two hours of playing i thought it was pretty good.

After 3 days of playng im thinking about a refund myself!!

Its not what im searching in a trucking game.

Now im back on the good old "Haulin" with the some mods. Its ten times better than RNR!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danizzz View Post
Now im back on the good old "Haulin" with the some mods. Its ten times better than RNR!!!
What mods for Haulin' are worth getting? I still have Haulin' installed myself but haven't played it in a very long time. I never looked for mods for it. You can PM me if you want as I don't think discussing other trucking games will be appreciated here
Old 04-20-2010, 05:26 PM
klaushonold

thanks all for review and warning

so i can save my money

i dont like crap games like this

lol for making 7 years this game thats a big piece of bul.shi. lol

i go to europe truck sim thats much better
Old 04-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Registered Member

I for one, find this game to be horribly disappointing and no where near worth all the hype. I was getting a little tired of the same old grind in the Hard Truck games and based on a friend's recommendation and the description at GamersGate, I bought this worthless waste of HDD space. If you are running an older system, do yourself a favor and ignore the "minimum system requirements" and they are total BS. I run a Pentium 4 3.0, 4G of RAM and a GeForce 9500 and no matter that I try this game runs like a slideshow about 10 minutes into it. The sound is horrid and generic, the graphics look dated, the controls are about what you would expect from other trucking games but what really gets me is the whole concept. I may be tired of the endless nothing of Hard Truck but this game is about as unrealistic as it gets. It's an arcade race with cart style physics disguised as a trucking simulation. I did want something with more of an objective to it and when a friend suggested this as it had lot of "competition" in it, I assumed it meant competition with other companies for business, not flat out racing. Who in their right mind would race a loaded rig on public highways? WTF kind of "simulation" is this? To make matters worse, the AI is retarded and the cops and other truckers will randomly side swipe your rig and then naturally you get pulled over and fined. The worst is when you are exiting on a ramp and the truck behind you that is in 2nd decides that he can take the ramp at 80 MPH when a player with a keyboard or even a gamepad can only safely control their truck at 30 or so and you get rear ended, lose your load and get fined, then penalized because you can't get you load hooked back up and make it to the warehouse on time.

And the warehouses. WTF? I know this takes place int he near future but half the fun of a trucking sim is getting your load and hooking up. Why take that away? And why in the hell does the game take control of the rig to pull in the warehouse and then you get your load attached automatically only to have the game drive you straight into a pole or off the road by going straight instead of left or right where the road splits? Why not at least give the player control of the rig just outside of the warehouse? I can't believe I paid $36 for this worthless game. I'm warning all of my friends to stay away from this game and this developer as this is just ridiculous.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Good post