Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 02-08-2020, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Good luck with the project guys! perhaps time for a teaser ?
Old 04-12-2020, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
Good luck with the project guys! perhaps time for a teaser ?
I apologize for the long absence. Unfortunately, this is not so convenient. Do you like a teaser? It seems we can show you it ...)

Old 04-12-2020, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelihel View Post
I apologize for the long absence. Unfortunately, this is not so convenient. Do you like a teaser? It seems we can show you it ...)

WOW! This looks really fantastic! The KB-Feeling is there from Second 1! I can't wait to play it.

Have there been changings to what was listed in the first posting?

All the best for the final steps!

J.B.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
WOW! This looks really fantastic! The KB-Feeling is there from Second 1! I can't wait to play it.

Have there been changings to what was listed in the first posting?

All the best for the final steps!

J.B.
Yes, and a lot. We have reworked as many as 3 locations, and now we are finishing work on them (I mean as a stage). satellites were created with their own mechanics, skill selection, a number of assistants (for example, Bill Gilbert with Amelie against Baal), the balance was improved many times, multiple errors in quests were fixed, the script component was significantly optimized. To list for a long time, it doesn’t come to mind immediately And although we are moving slowly, we are moving forward confidently.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yes, and a lot. We have reworked as many as 3 locations, and now we are finishing work on them (I mean as a stage). satellites were created with their own mechanics, skill selection, a number of assistants (for example, Bill Gilbert with Amelie against Baal), the balance was improved many times, multiple errors in quests were fixed, the script component was significantly optimized. To list for a long time, it doesn’t come to mind immediately And although we are moving slowly, we are moving forward confidently.
You know, since you started to be able to add new 3D models, will you add entirely new troops? Or even release a tutorial on adding 3D models and stuff after release?

Also, I hope the locations will be well polished at the release: the demo seemed to be more of a sketch.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Knight View Post
You know, since you started to be able to add new 3D models, will you add entirely new troops? Or even release a tutorial on adding 3D models and stuff after release?

Also, I hope the locations will be well polished at the release: the demo seemed to be more of a sketch.
Where did you get that we added new models?

Locations have a final look, tell me, why did you decide that these were sketches?
Old 04-12-2020, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Where did you get that we added new models?

Locations have a final look, tell me, why did you decide that these were sketches?
Because they look like sketches, at least in the demo I played. They are different than what KB looks like. They need balance (not game balance, but visual balance) and lots of well-thought small details and locations, etc. This is a very important aspect when creating a game. The KB games' places (maybe except KB: DS a little) had a very harmonious look to them, which I didn't find in any fan-made map (including the demo). I know you've put a lot of work in scripting and other stuff, but how the maps looked made me just totally flip after hearing all the praise.

Also, on vk.com, you said you managed to edit 3D models (and thus technically creating new models). What I asked was if you were gonna add totally new creatures with models created by your team or imported from other sources.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Because they look like sketches, at least in the demo I played. They are different than what KB looks like. They need balance (not game balance, but visual balance) and lots of well-thought small details and locations, etc. This is a very important aspect when creating a game. The KB games' places (maybe except KB: DS a little) had a very harmonious look to them, which I didn't find in any fan-made map (including the demo). I know you've put a lot of work in scripting and other stuff, but how the maps looked made me just totally flip after hearing all the praise.

Also, on vk.com, you said you managed to edit 3D models (and thus technically creating new models). What I asked was if you were gonna add totally new creatures with models created by your team or imported from other sources.
Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else. I did not say that I edited new models. I know for sure that it is impossible to do this (with the exception of changing the textures)

Regarding the design of locations - it is final and nothing will change. The fact that you did not get the necessary atmosphere is a purely personal matter, since we are not developers of design bureaus, and we have our own vision of what locations should be. They are completely satisfied with us.

UPD:
I just looked at the demo you played (link in 1 post). And I must say that there is a very old demo. We changed some locations, and if you read some rave reviews, then most likely it’s the new demo (it is constantly updated by VK). But even with this in mind, you will not see the atmosphere that you expect. (The atmosphere of KB is still a loose concept).

Last edited by Aelihel; 04-12-2020 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else. I did not say that I edited new models. I know for sure that it is impossible to do this (with the exception of changing the textures)

Regarding the design of locations - it is final and nothing will change. The fact that you did not get the necessary atmosphere is a purely personal matter, since we are not developers of design bureaus, and we have our own vision of what locations should be. They are completely satisfied with us.

UPD:
I just looked at the demo you played (link in 1 post). And I must say that there is a very old demo. We changed some locations, and if you read some rave reviews, then most likely it’s the new demo (it is constantly updated by VK). But even with this in mind, you will not see the atmosphere that you expect. (The atmosphere of KB is still a loose concept).
This is where you can read about the 3D models: https://vk.com/return_of_the_legend_kbworld

I didn't mean that you edited them, but the team.

Guess I'm gonna feedback the landscape after release if you say that demo is old.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
This is where you can read about the 3D models: https://vk.com/return_of_the_legend_kbworld
I don’t want to spoil your opinion about these guys, maybe they try, and the like, but they have nothing but empty words. There are not even screenshots. Do you tend to believe unconfirmed words? For example, I’ve been in modding KB since 2011. (At that time I started). At that time, there was still the very first KB forum from Katauri. So their official answer was - it is impossible to create new models without the proper tools. They did not provide the tools, screenshots in the game of new models or reworked either. This is an empty phrase.

UPD:

And one more thing: this is not my team. These are completely different enthusiasts. But how much their skills and enthusiasm is enough - time will tell