Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 03-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

Default I start working on a new huge mod w new maps

THE TRENT WAR

I was starting to make a new map for the Bonfire 2 mod which Terroin works on but couldn't really get into mapmaking. Instead I have started making a new mod for Xworld. It is much easier to mod Xworld than WoTn!!!

Mod futures:
All new maps and quests
All old maps and quests are not used!
Lighter text than vanilla. Main focus is above mentioned.

I only make small adjustments on other stuff.

If someone are up for making quests in English let me know. No need for being a native speaker. We have the text checked. The theme will be a pirate invasion.

We still work on Bonfire 2 but my part is more playtesting and balancing.

Last edited by raknefne; 06-24-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

The Trent War

It is going fine making this campaign:

- New story and quest. I have 2-4 quests in each map, so it isnt too much, text is shorter than in vanilla. Generally more humoristic. Can't help it...
- New maps, although some Bonfire maps implemented with changes.
- Mostly new arenas, and different often with new tactics.
- Bosses. 4 planned. I finally figured out how to implement them. But old bosses so far. Final boss is lizard boss.
- Heroic Challenge = sort of mix of a hero fight and easy boss fight. Often arenas are like bosses where you start in the center and enemies around you. Hero has strong spells and more mana, one of the heroes has the spells Geyser, Necro Call and Summon Phoenix... some have Gremlin towers like in item arenas.
- Funny sounds from Bonfire for the creatures
- Impossible is 250% instead of 170%, so it isn't that obvious to choose that difficulty.
- Implements some randomness in passability in the maps like in Bonfire that helps making each game a little more different.

I only make small changes to skills, creatures and spells.
Does any got suggestions on these 3 to balance better.
Does pet dragon need balance. Stronger dive?

For instance trap spell is more expensive.

Knight has Charge with +1 movement one turn
Priest heal a lot more
Bowman, peasant: cheaper
Paladin, ingeneer more expensive.

Please help by suggesting balance issues from original game.

I'm working on map 5 now. In vanilla I counted 14 maps, I intend to have something like 7-8. I have most of the enemy creatures in an embryo in the editor with 5-12 troop combinations, then I can change the strength of troops here just 1 place and it changes everywhere on the map.
I don't like toooo long game myself, often I never end them, I only finished Crossworld in the KB series just once.

Last edited by raknefne; 06-08-2018 at 05:52 AM. Reason: more update
Old 06-23-2018, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

Great to hear about your job. Your mods are always good. KB Crossworld is the most version I like best. When does your mod finish?
Old 06-24-2018, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

I don't have a finish date, but I have finished 6 maps and only need 2 more. I'm still thinking how to finish the storyline in the last maps. It's a fun story IMO, about pirates and the global climate change.

There are

- 5 bosses (Turtle from the Legend and stronger, Kraken, Spider, Frog, Lizzard)
- several Heroic Battles which is strong Heroes where you cannot retreat or use rage skills.
- new arenas with new tactics.
- 30 Heroes or so. They have info on them what they use of spells and their strength and weakness like +1 Ini or -1 Morale etc.
- 30 quests or so.
- it will not be as hard as Hylfire in the beginning. It will be manageable to start with, but you have to pick your fights.
- some building need a fight before u can buy from it. Some treasures are guarded with creatures that doesn't chase you, so you cannot pick before fight, others u can pick.
- I have balance some creatures according to some players guide to creatures, I found a guide that described weaknesses etc, for instance, the Knight also has RUN with just 1 extra move, since they were very slow. Druid has more summoning and more ranged damage etc... I will make a post here, so you can comment, if something needs more balance. I will like comments!
- the fun Bonfire-creature sounds are implemented (made by Terroin's own recording of his voice in his studio, but altered).
- Difficulty is 125% / 170% / 210% / 250% creature strength, off course you cannot compare completely to Crossworld, but it is more difficult. Impossible is not necessary to get a challenge. I would pick Hard the first time...
- it is shorter than Crossworld with 8 maps, so you will probably be around level 35 when you finish. Anyway I dont like too long games myself, WoTn was too long IMO, I never finished...

It took some time to understand the questmaking system, but it is easy now. And the creatures have 'paths' like in Crossworld or any KB game, where creatures move around (I didn't know how do that in Bonfire). Also the Bosses is something I found out. It used to be Terroin who did the serious stuff, I only did the mapmaking in Bonfire, but this is my own creation. The Turtle from the Legend I made stronger and with a little surprise... I haven't made completely new bosses, that would take more serious modding, and want to choose my time on finishing it first. Then we will se in updates. I have tested all the quests etc. - I test each map for the worst errors before the playtest. I only expect to have balance issues in the playtest and small errors. For instance is the game too easy or difficult in the end? It should get harder. I hope to get playtesters...

Last edited by raknefne; 06-24-2018 at 08:50 AM. Reason: more
Old 07-14-2018, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

Default Soon...

Nearly finished with the last map in this campaign... Then testing. I'll be back...
Old 07-21-2018, 04:28 AM
Approved Member

Default Campaign soon finished

Finished. Wrapping up things. Just need some graphic work. I'll make a post when it is ready for testers - was thinking of 2 testers to start with.

Pictures:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=230196

Last edited by raknefne; 07-24-2018 at 11:14 AM. Reason: updating
Old 03-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

where can we get this mod?
Old 03-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjferigura View Post
where can we get this mod?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=230196