Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 08-30-2018, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

My thoughts on the main issue of the mod (besides having fun):

BTW the reason why I named the final boss, K'ego, is that I think that we will only truly do enough with the climate changes (which this mod is about), when we defeat our own EGO. Therefore the name K'ego. You can ask different people in Krasen that speak differently on this matter. I see the pollution on Earth as an 'outer' picture of our 'inner' mess. When we clean our 'inner' mess = ego... then we can relatively fast cleanup the Earth... that is my point with the topic 'climate changes' in THE TRENT WAR.

Also I chose the final map, Krasen, to be lizard-alike like Rehau with dirty braun water = polluted after careless thinking as the king...
Old 09-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Approved Member

The Trent War can be downloaded here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=230196

A tester Erkilmarl who played it thru to the end wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
So, now I’ve played the new mod through. I think it is so ready as a game that there isn’t much to say about any changes apart from the details I’ve mentioned. It is a tough game, even at normal level, which corresponds to about hard level in the original game. I did do most of the final island, but perhaps there the difficulty step upwards may be too much at hard and impossible levels.

Landscape building is very good, I didn’t get anywhere above ground the feeling that I had seen this before in the original game, except perhaps for the final island, which was built from the same material as the lizardfolk island in the original. Already in Crossworlds it was the island I liked least. Hopland was familiar to me from another mod, but it has ideas and features that Katauri never used.

The mod is relatively short, which is a good thing, since KB games are long. I’ve played them for hundreds of hours, but I rarely play to the end after I’ve once seen that it is possible. Years ago, there was the talk that WoTN isn’t as good as Crossworlds and that Darkside was even worse. It is a pity that we now have a new and fresh game made from the Crossworlds material, Trent War, that is as good as the Crossworlds was, but nobody seems to care.

Last edited by raknefne; 09-01-2018 at 02:55 PM.