Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 06-15-2014, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

version 1.3.1, build 6171. toggling map actually works, but i don't see any of new land in it, only icons of new places( like dungeon entrances etc..) work, but they appear in incorrect place( in ocean). But i can still play without map fine so its not big problem for me.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

Thats odd, seems it doesent read the radar files.
Those files are in red_sands_data.kfs in interface textures folder, can work if you unpack those and put in interface textures folder just under red sands folder.
all files begin with radar and are png files, unpack kfs file with winrar.

Ecania
Old 06-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

it seems it worked, thanks. also there are more folders in red_sands_data.kfs like sound, textures, models, particles.. should i unpack those too?
Old 06-16-2014, 03:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUREWALLA78 View Post
it seems it worked, thanks. also there are more folders in red_sands_data.kfs like sound, textures, models, particles.. should i unpack those too?
No need for that, enjoy the Campaign.

EA
Old 06-16-2014, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

On the topic of difficulty: I'm a big fan of what MattCaspermeyer has done with his Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Babies mod. Instead of armies just scaling higher, their stats scale higher. That enemy that was fairly physical resistant might become really difficult to kill with phys attacks. Suddenly, that unthreatning speed 2 enemy, who I will easily kill before he reaches me, gains more speed. And that changes the tactical decisions I have to make sometimes. I find it a far more interesting challenge than just bigger enemy armies.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

I find Matt's mod also very good and interesting. It is challenging in a different way then the original game,because the mechanics are changed and that's awesome, but it is even easier. So that's why I feel it is less rewarding and I lose interest quickly(unable to finish my second game). Ofcourse I played KB for a really long time and I'm now searching only for hard challenges, but for the occasional player it is a must, feels like a different game . Hope ecania will balance his mod for impossible to be challenging. I will try it as soon as the new update is out and post impressions and suggestions

Last edited by jorko80; 06-16-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorko80 View Post
I find Matt's mod also very good and interesting. It is challenging in a different way then the original game,because the mechanics are changed and that's awesome, but it is even easier. So that's why I feel it is less rewarding and I lose interest quickly(unable to finish my second game). Ofcourse I played KB for a really long time and I'm now searching only for hard challenges, but for the occasional player it is a must, feels like a different game . Hope ecania will balance his mod for impossible to be challenging. I will try it as soon as the new update is out and post impressions and suggestions
Ok, first of all, I have not the programming knowledge that Matt have, it is a lot of things I wanna change too, but I often fail to do what I want, I need more knowledge to lua.

And Jorko, you try this out and hopefully come with suggestions and we try to pop out a more challenging version too.

This next update that will be out very soon will be the release version, then I will update it if needed.

I may ask Matt later on if we can create somthing together

EA

Last edited by ecania; 06-16-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

Hi all,

firstly, great seeing continued word on this. would anyone have a link to the original Red Sands Mod? I cannot seem to locate it anywhere...

big thanks in advance!

Elektra
Old 01-17-2018, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

OK - just found is, in case someone needs it:
http://sendfile.su/756023

translation:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ny24uk5f3vko9ob/rus.rar