Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 10-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

Default Armored Princess (1.2) Mods Updated for Crossworlds (1.3)

Since the wonderful Russians that build so many of the mods put up new, Crossworlds-compatible versions of some of the most popular mods for Armored Princess (mods available in original Russian here, if desired), and nobody has yet taken the time to convert them over, I took a swing at localizing the updates for the English crowd.

Descriptions of the mods, via spamm's original thread for AP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamm View Post
Interface
("wo_b" model is without bold numbers)

Changelog:
- Intro movies disabled (ignoring options set-up).
- In pop-up messages, showing damage prognosis, numbers are set off in bold and bright color.
- Pop-up message for the scroll now shows its price.
- Pop-up messages for spell upgrade/study now show info about all the future levels, not just the next one
- Pop-up messages for the skills now show info about all the future levels, not just the next one.
- Pop-up messages for the medals now show info about all the future levels, not just the next one.
- In "pet-levelup" window now show ragecost for new abilities.

russian screenshot

Camera

Changelog:
- Camera range increased from 18 to 32

Contract heroes

Changelog:
- Name of all contract heroes marked by *

russian screenshot

Hint for pet skills

Changelog:
Pop-up messages for pet skills now show:
- Base experience (always) (by Serimon);
- Remaining improvement for skills and maximum (not in combat).

screenshot
Regarding the text: I pulled from the old mod translations wherever I could, but there were still several sets of new strings, and my Russian is sketchy at best, so feel free to post here about any translation corrections needed.

I only converted over the 'orcs' set of mods, not the 'addon' set, which I believe are designed for running against the base version of AP after you have CW installed. If there is significant demand, I could run a compare between the two sets and see if there are any changes between the 'addon' mods and the original AP 1.2 versions of the mods.

You'll need to unzip any of these mods you want to use to [ArmoredPrincessFolder]\sessions\orcs\mods. (You'll need to create the 'mods' folder, if you haven't already.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip mod_cw13_orcs_eng_camera.zip (1.1 KB, 2169 views)
File Type: zip mod_cw13_orcs_eng_contract_hero.zip (1.2 KB, 1433 views)
File Type: zip mod_cw13_orcs_eng_interface.zip (49.8 KB, 1441 views)
File Type: zip mod_cw13_orcs_eng_interface_wo_b.zip (49.8 KB, 850 views)
File Type: zip mod_cw13_orcs_eng_pet_hint.zip (4.7 KB, 1423 views)

Last edited by Alamei; 10-14-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Added descriptions.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Approved Member

Fantastic work, thx!

What do you think eventually about awesome "A mod to make your unit to have individual Level and more" for King's Bounty: Crossworlds.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14741
Old 10-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Approved Member

Wow... I just looked at the code for that mod, and the work behind it is absolutely massive. If it doesn't already essentially function with Crossworlds (a lot of the old mods from AP work straight copied over), I don't think I'd have any shot at converting it. That being said, if there are just a few compatibility issues and you could let me know what they were specifically, I might be able to sort it out.

With the mods listed above, all I did was compare the old AP mods to the new CW mods (both in Russian format) to extrapolate the relevant changes for compatibility/cosmetic functionality and apply them to the old English AP mods. I am by no means an experienced KB modder.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Thank you for your effort!
Old 09-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Thanks from Oz.

Playing via Steam and the camera mod and contract hero markers are greatly appreciated