Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Space Rangers

Space Rangers The lavish mix of an intense space RPG with 3D real-time strategy.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord View Post
Why so? what happened?
I'm afraid I have to refrain from any comments on this issue.

Last edited by ru_maniac; 11-21-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru_maniac View Post
I'm afraid I have to refrain from any comments on this issue.
Is 1C giving you a hard time? If so we need to petition them.

1C, any comments here? Revolutions is a great expansion
Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

They should sell it on steam, like everybody else.

They have enough of a fan base to overcompensate any translation costs.

My opinion is that 1C games have always suffered inept marketing.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryan View Post
Is 1C giving you a hard time? If so we need to petition them. 1C, any comments here? Revolutions is a great expansion
1C has nothing to do with it. Someone send a complain to our ISP, and ISP forced us to remove these downloads. Because of it, we decided to move our forums and website out of the Russia - to another ISP in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymorpher View Post
They should sell it on steam, like everybody else.
They have enough of a fan base to overcompensate any translation costs
It'll be illegal to do such a thing, because 1C is the one and only owner of Space Rangers franchise. In short, no one else have rights to sell any SR games.

Last edited by ru_maniac; 11-24-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryan View Post
This would make my year, Space Rangers 2 being my all time favourite game Just as a show of support, I'll buy two copies of the expansion when it gets out.

Sneaksie, any idea when we can expect the announcement? A general idea would be great (i.e. in the next few weeks)
You do realize that you can just simply donate a chosen amount of money if you really want too right?
Old 07-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Registered Member

Default You know it's really silly that somebody hasn't translated it yet.

It couldn't be that expensive to translate the Revolutions expansion into English.

I mean the expansion is already good to go. It works fine and effectively even with the English versions of Reboot. It would just require someone who can to go through all of the several text files associated with Revolutions and simply translate them. I can't imagine it would take more than a few weeks with even just one person working a full days on it, and probably just days with several people translating it.

Maybe it's the testing they don't want to pay for. I mean, they'd probably have to hire software testers to ensure the all the files responded to the proper triggers. But even then, it's not like they couldn't just release it as an English beta version first to work out any kinks formed in translation. That wouldn't cost very much because we players would gladly play the beta English version and complain about it's errors.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Approved Member

well maybe because developers of the mod already working on space ranger: HD
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

I just started playing this mod.
Could anyone give me some information about how many orange items in this mode and how to get them?
thank you very much
Old 03-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE ADD WAR BETWEEN THE FACTIONS

-War between the factions occasionally. Attacking there planets and taking them over. Nothing too crazy.
-Letter of Marque so you can attack the enimies of a faction without repercusions, just the people who your factions is at war with. once the war ends your sins our forgiven but not for malog. Pelengs give out Letter's of Marque like candy galeians rarely unless you are really good reputation.
-increase the reputation system to be more the 5 levels...kinda lame. Keep the number hidden but for the love of god add some buffers. You should be really hated if you have been killing them for hours and then all the sudden you kill one pirate and every one is calm..? same with the other end.. you kill one merchant after years of loyal service and you are hated?
^^^^^^^^^^^
Those two features will add more bang for your buck then anything else. Go back and play some sid meiers pirates and see what it would look like in practice.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
-Make dominators like zombie outbreaks that you would have to clean up periodicly or it will get out of hand. Possibly to kick in after you kill all the bosses or possibly from the start... You can see some great ideas in an indie game called space pirates zombies and bounty hunters.

Also a bounty system would be exceptional. Just for each kill or maybe someone could add there own money to a bounty and you could also add some ACTUAL PIRATE FACTIONS. And not just some shitty peleng malog and human versions. Seperate factions with there own tech specilizing in weaponery and scanners. Corsairs, Bucanners, Privateers, Pirates, Shadow Fangs... just brain storming.

-Add Boarding!! Make it hard to do and well worth it including the Hull flying with a small crew afterwards. Maybe have an item you have to buy like CREW MEMBERS!! so you can imporve your boarding chances and help resist boarding.

-New Stats for boarding and Disguising your actions so you don't suffer negative reactions from doing missions for opposing factions during wartime, maybe you wont get caught smuggling or maybe your attacks on peaceful traders will go unnoticed.

-Add two new Factions, One focused on exploration and the other on smuggling

-Add two new trade items. Colonists and Crew.

I don't know. Been thinking about this for a long time and honestly the first two are mandatory otherwise new items and text quests are not gonna be worth it for me. Adding War between factions and improving the reputation system will definetly add great emergent gameplay.