Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

Default Effect of Neatness

First my question: Does higher level neatness let extract you more from low level artifacts, or does it only impact the high level items. I know the first level lets you only use it on level 1.3 items, while the second level lets you use it on level 4 items, but does it also impact the level 1-3 items?

Second: As I am playing no loss and always open three treasures in every fight I have a lot of money. I heard Buying a lot of items and using neatness is more effective than just buying runes. Is htis true? Will I get more runes back than I invested?

Another question: As mentioned before I do no loss impossible mage, without kiting. My army is currently (red sands mod):
Inquisitors
Gorgons
Royal Thorns
Runemages
Engineers
The tactic is to use walls and summons to never let the opponent reach my units. I am currently on Verona. I have never finished this game. How long can I stick to this strategy? Will I have to transition out of it into something like dragons, or can I stay with summoning?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

1) Higher lvl of neatness skill only gives you option to destroy items 4/5th lvls, so no bonus runes from lower lvl items with upgrading this skill, but i think you get more magic crystals form low lvl items with upgraded skill. Even with only 1 lvl of this skill (needed for voice of dragon) you`ll get bunch of crystals from all 1-3 lvl items in game : 1 crystal cost 10k gold, and from most 1 lvl items you get at least 2 for 4000-8000 gold, it`s a bargain
2) Buying items to destroy with neatness is always better option then buying runes, expl : you get some 5th lvl item for 100k gold and you can get up to 3 runes/6 crystals from it. To simply buy 3 runes you need minimum 450k gold, and for 6 crystals 135k gold. Will you get refunded runes invested in skill by end of game maybe, maybe not but sure thing is that you`ll have plenty of crystals for all spells in game so it`s possible to save runes from alchemy skill, with 400 crystals you get from items. All in ll it`s good thing to do upgrading neatness after you get all mind rune skills that are important, and after you upgrade order/desortion/chaos magic skills to get option to upgrade spells and use all those crystals.
3) that`s nice unit setup and great for learning what every unit can do. Summon wall is great to start with, but sooner or later you`ll get to armies that are simply to big to stop with summoned units, especially with mage who have low leadership to start with (starting with Verona there are stacks that simply kill your summons in 1 hit and continue to destroy your main army before you get reload to summon again). Dragons arent `a must` units but are interesting to play with, but other then them try getting some meat shields to divert enemy units from your main army : royal griffins are great for this , guard droids also good when you have mechanics to repair them (just be careful not to waste his repair charges on summoned droids) , demon/executioners are also great to pull enemy agro as you have seen from demonologis summons. Try to drop thorns and take just 1 archmage, and go magic shield + stone skin on some summon in enemy lines (it`s ridiculous how low dmg they make) and dont use battle mage - it`s crap and gives no exp to unit, just magic shield and normal attack with occasional telekinesis to move enemy to trap/or away form some unit.
Good luck, have fun
Old 07-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for your advice. The problem is I do not have fund a stone skin scroll yet. I currently have about 3600 leadership. I am somewhat worried about using cnon summnoned units as tanks, as the enemies have stacks with 15'000 leadership and more and it will be hard to not take losses, or rressurect all the losses.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Sry for late response (4 day without internet, f...ing provider
Well as i said mage have tough start since low lds value, and no spells available because of game randomness, but is interesting to play mid-late game. There are many mage guides to play, check rest of forum. Your main question here was about neatness, and i hope i helped you, but for mage gameplay and surviving without all great spells search for some specified tread on that
Old 07-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Sry for late response (4 day without internet, f...ing provider
Well as i said mage have tough start since low lds value, and no spells available because of game randomness, but is interesting to play mid-late game. There are many mage guides to play, check rest of forum. Your main question here was about neatness, and i hope i helped you, but for mage gameplay and surviving without all great spells search for some specified tread on that
Yes, thanks a lot for answering the question about neatness.