Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 07-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zini4_tha_grunt View Post
thank you
Old 08-09-2011, 04:52 AM
Registered Member

hello !

First sorry for my bad english !

I have question, i instaled this mod, when i started the game i started again it was same as when i start a normal crossworlds campaign. So this mod is a crossworlds game with new maps and units and race ? I can play the whole crossworlds game (kill bhaal at last fight ) with the new features ?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdshadow View Post
I have the same problem with the orc saboteur unit. If it use a skill (i don´t know which) the game crash.
But sometimes he don´t use this skill in the first round and i can kill him, but later it should be really a problem if you can´t kill him in two rounds, because he will use this skill latest in the second round.
Seem to be a bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
Regarding the Orc Saboteur, I thought I had a post about that, but basically it has the same bug that orc shaman used to have in one of the first runs of 1.3.0 Crossworlds.

It halts at an exception, which you can either abort/retry/ignore. If you ignore it, you can continue your game.

So when the game "freezes", you alt-tab. Find the pop-up that says what to do with the exception, then click on ignore.

The only time I have crashed so far is when an enemy Dragon of Chaos turns my heavenly guards into rage balls. Then it hard crashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Same problem here, as soon i start some battle with orc saboteur game shut down without any questions, i cant even see what ability he uses that make tihis happen, i was thinking to just cut out that unit entirely from game (delete his files, and be done with it).
And how is runic staff used ? Should i carry it and after some battles spend runes on it to get some bonus, or . . . ?
I just noticed your posts about that bug and since i love to fix bugs... here is the fix "Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\scripts"

addon_special_attacks.lua

This file had a garbage character in it
Code:
    Attack.act_onattack(target,"saboteur_cloacking_onatack")
    Attack.log_label("add_blog_saboteur_cloañking_")
Fixed
Code:
    Attack.log_label("add_blog_saboteur_cloacking_")
Problem solved

Edit the file manually or copy the file i joined overwriting the existing one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saboteur.jpg (35.3 KB, 110 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip addon_special_attacks.lua.zip (51.0 KB, 265 views)
Old 08-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimeleven View Post
I just noticed your posts about that bug and since i love to fix bugs... here is the fix "Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\scripts"

addon_special_attacks.lua

This file had a garbage character in it
Code:
    Attack.log_label("add_blog_saboteur_cloañking_")
Fixed
Code:
    Attack.log_label("add_blog_saboteur_cloacking_")
Problem solved

Edit the file manually or copy the file i joined overwriting the existing one.
Thanks a million time, your super eyes help us a lot I've tried to fix this bug and I've also looked at this file but I couldnt find it. Thanks again

I have another problem with spell phantom that whenever enemy heroes use this spell => the game crash. I know that I can remove the spell from those heroes by the editor but I dont like it Do you have any solution with this
Old 08-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

I have not yet seen this bug, does it show an error message when it crashes? or the game just close with a crash window kb.exe faulting etc.. I'll look into it.

I'm also looking up another crash issue, the Dragon of Chaos and Demons spawn a ball of Rage upon killing an enemy stack, when killing Angelic Guards, the Runemage/Griffin summon, it makes the game crash with no error messages.

I've only found the script code for the Dragon but not for the demons, no solutions yet.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I have not yet seen this bug, does it show an error message when it crashes? or the game just close with a crash window kb.exe faulting etc.. I'll look into it.

I'm also looking up another crash issue, the Dragon of Chaos and Demons spawn a ball of Rage upon killing an enemy stack, when killing Angelic Guards, the Runemage/Griffin summon, it makes the game crash with no error messages.

I've only found the script code for the Dragon but not for the demons, no solutions yet.
Nah, It's didnt show anything, just crashed and the game disappeared. It occured exactly at the time when the phantom of the target spawning, I've just tested the lizardman hero in the island where we have to fight big frog. Any solution

About chaos dragon issue, I've found how to fix this bug when I were creating a new bone dragon with blue fire on it This bug happens when you kill a troop that doesnt leave body after it's death. So you have to look for atom file of those troop and change the line "realdeath=1" to "realdeath=0" or just delete this line. I know it will somewhat change the balance of the game but this is the only solution I've got so far If you dont want to change, simply dont use this dragon or try to kill it as soon as posible in case the enemy use it

Can you tell me which file contain the script code for dragon?

Last edited by infernal1800; 08-10-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Approved Member

Awesome! That did the trick, i tested both demons and Dragon of Chaos, and a ball of rage spawns without game crash, problem solved, Thanks.

addon_unit_features.lua contains those scripts, find "function inferno_breath(corpse, dmgts)" and "function chaos_dragon_regeneration".

I'll upload the fixed file, see attachment, copy/replace into \sessions\red_sands\atoms

Oh and can you tell which enemy cast phantom? so far only level 14 and haven't seen an enemy cast it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip griffin_spirit.atom.zip (1.5 KB, 167 views)
Old 08-11-2011, 05:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Awesome! That did the trick, i tested both demons and Dragon of Chaos, and a ball of rage spawns without game crash, problem solved, Thanks.

addon_unit_features.lua contains those scripts, find "function inferno_breath(corpse, dmgts)" and "function inferno_breath(corpse, dmgts)".

I'll upload the fixed file, see attachment, copy/replace into \sessions\red_sands\atoms

Oh and can you tell which enemy cast phantom? so far only level 14 and haven't seen an enemy cast it.
Nahh, I think "function inferno_breath(corpse, dmgts)" doesnt affect anything in the game. I tried to tweak this function or even delete it but demon still spawned balls of rage => it's doesnt affect the skill of demon but I will look at "function inferno_breath(corpse, dmgts)" soon

About Phantom issue, island: Dersu => hero name: Gagash => army: Gorgul and Lake Dragonfly. Anytime he cast phantom, the game crash no matter which troop they cast on. He also use Call Animal. I've changed his troop via the Editor but it doesnt help
Note: Amelie doesnt have any problem using Phantom in my game.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

That function was for Dragon of Chaos, not the demons they use a different spell, which i can't find the code. It should be something similar to "demon_soul_reaver" inside the atom file but nothing refers to it from all lua files.

Gagash, i quickly did a fight with him no strategy has i had losses, i didn't plan on saving. Well i have no idea what's the cause since my game doesn't crash on that fight, he had cast 3xPhantom and 1 animal call. Idk maybe a video setting causes this or the mod needs a re-install. See screenshots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kb 2011-08-11 12-34-55-73.jpg (906.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg kb 2011-08-11 12-52-35-03.jpg (883.5 KB, 74 views)
Old 08-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That function was for Dragon of Chaos, not the demons they use a different spell, which i can't find the code. It should be something similar to "demon_soul_reaver" inside the atom file but nothing refers to it from all lua files.

Gagash, i quickly did a fight with him no strategy has i had losses, i didn't plan on saving. Well i have no idea what's the cause since my game doesn't crash on that fight, he had cast 3xPhantom and 1 animal call. Idk maybe a video setting causes this or the mod needs a re-install. See screenshots.
Thanks for your information.

Do you know which file contain all contents about phantom spell and can you upload those files so I can check it. I've tried to create a talent that can increase fire,magic and poison resistance but I have no clue how do it Can you help me out. I know that I need to look at stone skin spell for more information but it's script make me nervous

-About rage ball of demon, "demon_soul_reaver" is the script of ingame discription of the skill. I found drunken stance of Dwarf, Power of the elemental of Elf, Metabolism of Lizardman etc but no clue about rage ball of demon I doubt it's in the arena.lua but I'm too busy now with my mod so can you look for it for me. Thanks in advance