Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Default Different Disks, Problem or Glitch?

Had a problem with my disk (open tray, close tray, reading, open tray) so I went to gamestop and they found a little piece missing next to the large hole, only visible when you hold it up to the light. I traded it in for another new BOP (cost after trade and customer discount $20 and change). Anyway, I got home and played, everything works great, except for something odd I noticed this morning in strike. I have played a lot of ranked strike in arcade mode. Today same map, same plane, same bomb load as before (B-17, 2000 lb bombs, ardennes map). Before trade, I could destroy all targets and take all tickets off, score 32 if no planes shot down by me. Today, same mission, no planes shot down by me, score 36. Tried it many times, always the same result, score 36; which means new disk is showing 18 targets and not 16. This causes me to wonder if there are other disparities between disks. Both look exactly the same, but if there is a difference in strike between them, is there a difference in other modes and difficulties? While the possibilities are endless in combination, could a different disk make the other modes and difficulties easier or harder because of the disk you have? Maybe top speed and accuracy are also different, which would skew results for those who have a better disk. Has anyone else noticed this? Or have an explanation of the differences in disks?

Last edited by condorz38; 01-14-2010 at 05:05 AM. Reason: found the answer
Old 01-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Approved Member

There wouldn’t happen to be model or serial number on the disk or case with a revision number on it by any chance?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

No, it looks exactly like the one I had, no difference in case or disk that I can see. It was on special at gamestop which leads me to believe it was from the same shipment that I got the original.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
lost cause

I read somewhere here that in strike, you can kill all the targets and there is still like 4 points showing on the board. I forgot the details (map,etc). Also, I think you are on Xbox, right? I was thinking the devs cleaned up a few glitches with the patch, maybe that was it. But not so if you are on 360. They could have cleaned it up on a newer disk, I suppose.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

Even stranger, on the old disk, there were 16 targets ( 2 stars each) on the new disk, there are 12 targets (3 stars each). This is xbox 360 arcade mode.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:24 PM
lost cause

It had to have been updated. That kind of thing just doesn't happen. The software has to be different. Have you noticed anything else? Like requirements for unlocks have changed? Is there a custom stick setup in the controller options menu?

I don't think they update "versions" on games, do they? I mean, it's impossible to tell if they updated the game, right? Like a rev letter on the package or disk.

Another thing. I was at Best Buy last night and I noticed they had two slots full of new IL-2 games. I was just there several times over the holidays and there were none. So it appears new games have been shipped. I wonder if they updated the game software in lieu of putting out a patch. They wouldn't do that, right?
Old 01-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

I don't think they would change the disk master like that... Were the two strike games of the same total tickets? e.g. were they both, say, 300 ticket limits?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Maybe you've got the Holy Grail of the xbox world.. The only updated version of IL-2 in existence!

Does it say on it anywhere that you've won a trip to the Gajin secret bunker to see the mythical 360 update? It might be like Charlie and the chocolate factory.. only without the chocolate...or oompaloompas

(Please note.. I'm joking, everyone knows that the 360 update dosn't really exist!)
Old 01-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
I don't think they would change the disk master like that... Were the two strike games of the same total tickets? e.g. were they both, say, 300 ticket limits?
You right, there is no way they would change the master disk, that would be more expensive than releasing the patch online, and they arn't allowed to have two different versions of a game running on xboxlive everyone must have the same version.

The amount of tickets shouldn't matter because you get the same amount of points for destroying a target in a 1200 game as you do in 300 game.

Condorz, Are you certain you are on the same map? Because what you state is imposible, unless everybodies xbox has downloaded a hidden mini upgrade that effects only strike multiplayer lol and I doubt the devs would want to pay microsoft (the same amount as a full patch) , just for that.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
lost cause

Hahahahahaha! That was great Winny!! I wanna go to the chocolate factory too!!!!