Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 05-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volker View Post
~T}{OR~
Get the game! It has problems yes, but I believe they ll fix them so everyone can enjoy its huge IMHO potential.
We can set the distance which we want the bombs to drop apart now and how many of them, e.g. set bombs 1 to 6 drop with 40 meters spread, but with current miss on targeting I can't tell if it calculates for 1st or last bomb
I intend to. But first I need to get my rig assembled.

Waiting for the Bulldozer benchmarks next month before I pull the trigger.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 05-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Do you need any help?

We'll need the Level Bombing Manual v 3.0 soon
Old 05-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

Thanks, but no help needed except info how certain hardware behaves with CloD, but I already know that. I love building rigs on my own.

Right now I work and study as the same time, so even if I had a new rig I wouldn't be able to enjoy it. Soon...

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 05-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

Settings are full real
Old 01-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

Digging up an old thread to re-address this issue.

Did an offline test tonight at 1000m and at 2000m.

Test 1: 1000m

In order to get the bombs to drop on target I had to do the following:

Set airspeed at TAS, 330km/h.
Set bombsight at 1300m (300m higher than actual)
Constantly keep the crosshairs on target by using the "adjust bombsight" commands until the bombs release.

Test 2: 2000m

Set airspeed at TAS, 320km/h.
Set bombsight at 3200m (1200m higher than actual)
Constantly keep the crosshairs on target by using the "adjust bombsight" commands until the bombs release.

One big observation that I had was, when dropping stings of multiple bombs (12x 50kg) the last bomb to hit the ground is the first bomb to detonate and the rest fall behind the first ones and detonate backwards and not forwards.

Last edited by ATAG_Keller; 01-25-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

Default nice job keller

Beta tester of the month goes to...ATAG_Kelller
ASUS Sabertooth MB--Intel 2600k@4.7--EVGA GTX580 3GB--Corasir 1200 watt psu--Corsair 16gb 1866--Corsair H70 cooler--Corsair 650d case--OCZ Vertex 3--Track IR5--CH Eclipse Yoke--CH Trottle Quadrant--CH MFP--CH Rudders-MSFF2
Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Was playing around with Keller and Jimbop's observations. Thought I'd throw the results on the bananna forms as well as our own:

There seems to be a ~1.6 ratio (coincidentally the same ratio between imperial and metric)

it's either

Altitude*1.6

or

Airspeed/1.6

You can use mode 22 for level bombing. The problem with mode 22 is that it seems to have trouble actually leveling out the plane, so you usually end up in a slight dive. I've found you can correct this with slight flaps adjustment. Drop the flaps a few degrees and you will be in level flight at a constant airspeed ready to drop! (Trim does not work in mode 22)

Also the plane seems to have a 1-degree slip to the left, or at least the bombs do, nudging the bomb sight 1 degree to the left will put your bombs on target with mode 22 enabled.

I prefer using altitude*1.6 to adjust the bombsight, you have more room to play with. It's ok if you are off by 100m in altitude, but if you are off by 10kph, you will miss.

The problem with this is that you can't really bomb higher than 3750m, because KPH/1.6 isn't accurate enough.

The only way I could find around this is by dividing both my altitude and IAS by a number and then multiplying my altitude by 1.6. So on my last run my altitude was 4500m and my airspeed was 270kph. so I divided them both by 1.5 and multiplied the altitude by 1.6, so my airspeed in the bomb sight was 180kph and my altitude was 4600m and my bombs landed on target.

I don't really advise bombing small targets from that high of an altitude. I could probably hit an airfield or a city block, but it's really hard to keep track of your airspeed, altitude, make all the calculations and constantly adjust the bomb sight all at the same time.

Piece of cake!