Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: When will the next beta patch be released?
thursday!!! 1 0.74%
this friday 18 13.24%
during next week 15 11.03%
during the week after the next week 12 8.82%
in three weeks 9 6.62%
after a month 12 8.82%
two months 2 1.47%
three months 5 3.68%
this year, hopefully.. 20 14.71%
in two weeks 42 30.88%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

i like it
Old 06-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

By visiting often servers in cod 1 think I can say learn to appreciate the game
by learning to master one of the models included and the game will mature more and more every day by the devs.

Or BE A NOOB AND WINE LIKE ONE !!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

I've shelved the game for the time being.

Arma2 and DCS: A10 are such strong competition I just don't want to spend more time with CloD, atm.

Steam shows 47 hours game time, that's not too shabby, so I'll not say I didn't get my 34 EURs worth out of it, even if it will never get fixed (what I don't believe).
Old 06-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger27 View Post
[url]
Thanks alot Tiger .
You saved my day.
That´s outstanding. John Cleese is one of the best.
He looks so seriously, but he is so extremly funny.
Maybe thats the reason for his great success.

And that Major and the foreign servant in this clip , Falling almost from my chair .
Old 10-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Approved Member

Default What a mess...

After patching and playing and doing some mission designing and really trying to force myself to overlook the cattelog of bugs and missing and broken features, i have to say im pretty darn frustrated.
I finally got it to run half decently by turning off the trees so it wouldnt lock up every 20 minutes and talked a friend into also buying it.
We setup a multiplayer game and the planes were lime green.

Is this turkey ever going to get fixed?

So sad they soiled IL2's good name. Reminds me of Flashpoint 2. Use a fantastic title to slog a mediocre substandard piece of unfinnished garbage on once loyal customers.

Just had to say it.

Has anybody got the texture problem in multiplayer and is there a fix?
Old 10-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Approved Member

Do you really believe that such a rant will result in useful answers?

At least you could post your system specs, if you want help and are not posting just to vent.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Approved Member

From your Oct 21 post below it looks like there are four things working against you:

1) dual core CPU
2) 3 gigs ram
3) Win XP
4) ATI 4600 card

Not your fault, I'm sure most, if not all, current games run fine on your system. CoD's code has not been optimised (yet), so it is very demanding on CPU, GPU, and memory for both to run well. Tweaking helps, as you found by turning off trees. But I've found in running Task Manager and EVGA Precision on a 2nd monitor while playing Cliffs of Dover that this sim is a real resource hog in all areas.

Others here with systems similar to yours will hopefully jump in to to make suggestions on how to further tweak your PC and or game settings so you get a decent looking display that runs stably for you.

-----------------------------------------------------
Crashes
Well, I bought another gig of ram, xp only sees three Gs, and i played for an hour today before it crashed.
I have to say i really like this sim. I hope they get this launcher.exe crash fixed. The latest patch has made things worse.
I am thinking of going to windows 7, and adding more ram, but from what im reading here, it seems others are having the same problem with W7 and lots more ram than i have.
Any ideas out there?

3 gig dual core with 3 gigs ram and ati 4600 1 gig vcard.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

I like your investigative work there snapper. Now we know op is insane for thinking this sim would work on his ancient rig. Yeah, the fix is get a new rig.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:46 AM
Approved Member

Look, Win7 64 bit OEM version is going to help a lot.
Microsoft dropped support for xp a while ago, I can only recommend going to win7. XP used to be the staple for reliability and stability, but it has seen it's better days by now for sure.
I am absolutely serious, by yourself a new HDD and install win7. I know it is a pain having to reinstall everything you have so far on your HDD, but I am certain in the end you will be happy you did it.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:52 AM
71st_Mastiff

probably one of these guys like my friend; why buy a new, until it dies.

He refuses to buy a newer machine, cause there is nothing wrong with it. and it should run every software under the sun, because it's a computer.

and he paid $399. dollars for it and it should work like xbox. lol
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Closed Thread