Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 05-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Default The Jagdtiger

Hi all

Does anyone use this monster in Men of War?

It doesn't really seem worth it to me. It seems that the Elefant is much more useful, since 200/250 mm of armor are, for all intents and purposes, BOTH invulnerable, unless you get a Turtle or something with a PaK 43 right up in your face.

The Elefant has a much better rate of fire and is 15 points less expensive.

The Jagdtiger has a very good high explosive shell, and has better penetration at extreme range than the PaK 43.

I never really noticed the accuracy, I'll look for that next time I play it. EDIT: It seems that the PaK 43 is more accurate

What are everyone's thoughts on the Jagdtiger?

I think that the Elefant is better, but I still use the Jagdtiger instead, because I love it

Then you get tracked by some 152 mm HE shell and it's all over.

However, the Elefant has its engine deck in front of the superstructure, so perhaps it's easier to score a devastating hit on that with artillery and even anti-tank grenades and Molotov Cocktails.

Also, I was wondering, I never tested it, but is the armor on the Jagdtiger historical, IE., only the superstructure is 250 mm, and the hull is less? Or did they just give it 250 mm all over the front in game?

All negatives aside, this thing is probably my favorite vehicle in the game, maybe alongside the Tortoise, that machine gun turret is fun.

Last edited by Twan; 05-17-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Approved Member

I think u will find more possible discussion about this on dms forums, the developer of assault squad assuming thats what you are playing.

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/for...php?99-English

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 05-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, good idea, but I was referring to the original MoW. I'll try their forums though, thanks.