Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 07-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Default Different GameSpy server

Hello All,

I am new to the forum, and is hoping some of the knowledable people here can help me out.

Recently, I been having a lot of lags when playing Men of War online multiplayer , keep getting ' Waiting for server ' message when I am in a game that someone host.

When I try to host, everyone's ping get random jump to over a second for like half a second.

I had no such problem previously until a couple of weeks ago, I been playing online MOW for over 3 months, so I try to trace down the problem, and I tried almost everything including buying new router, opening ports, changing register entry in windows, testing it with two other computers, checking core temperature of the cpu and gpu.

So now I have narrowed it down to the internet network issue, contacted my ISP, and they kinda confirmed it although they won't admit. I use tracert command and I believe there is some issue with the internet service gamespy germany server use, or something to do with that area. Not 100% sure but I want to find way to go around it.

My question is:

Is there anywhere I can change in the game files, so I can connect to a gamespy server in other country? I have played it using gameranger and no lag whatsoever but I like the community ( men of war lobby ) in gamespy, made a few friends there and I am really suffering not being able to play in gamespy lobby.

Please help?

Also, where should I write to for official support for this game? 1C? Bestway? or DMS?

-----Edit ----

Hello Moderators,
I might have posted this in the wrong forum, please move it to the tech problem or multiplayer if it is more appropriately.

Last edited by TrulyMadly; 07-09-2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: wrong forum