Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 03-23-2013, 05:37 AM
Registered Member

Default Next Men of war?

Probably you have heard by now that a company 'DigitalMindSoft' is developing a successor of Men of War series under the title "Call to Arms" (Q1 2014).

I have seen the alpha gameplay footage and I must express some concerns about the way in which Men of War games are going:

1. All Men of War games are essentially the same apart from the theme because developers failed to provide enough circumstances in which those themes could be fully optimized. Meaning: in every game you end up fighting in close combat just like you did in the very first MoW and like we did in C&C in 90's. MoW Vietnam offered stronger tactical approach but the gameplay was to harsh and not rewarding enough for the player's effort.

2. Itemization! I would like to see more equipment and circumstances in which that equipment can be used. For example I would like to see a sniper with .50 cal that can effectively pick enemies from 500-1500m distance. If I'm correct current sniper has a distance limit of 200m.

2.1. More/Less micromanagement. I love the effect of soldiers dropping their arms when a grenade would explode nearby. I the same sense, soldiers could have wider variety of utility gear (not just weapons) that could enhance their individual or party performance (think of Call of Duty, Medal of Honor and Battlefield accessories). Of course, that would require modern theme of MoW.

These are just basic things that crossed my mind right now but possibilities are quite huge for modern themes of MoW. I just think that the 1C Company like any other was exploiting WW2 era as long as possible for profitability reasons. Because if they start developing modern war themes they might ran out of ideas sooner than they hoped.

Thank you for reading,
S.