Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Not very wise to call 1C fools especially when this is their forum. Plus you must be a little misunderstood. The publisher and the reason for lack of support was because of 505 so if anyone was to blame it would be them. They are the ones that didn't give you the patch.
I wouldn't blame 505 either. Look at Red Dead Redemption. It sold millions and yet they still have to lay off staff. I think the console manufacturers put up far too many boundaries to make patches for games feasible, especially under these economic conditions.

Which is why I'm such a PC fanboy.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post
I wouldn't blame 505 either. Look at Red Dead Redemption. It sold millions and yet they still have to lay off staff. I think the console manufacturers put up far too many boundaries to make patches for games feasible, especially under these economic conditions.

Which is why I'm such a PC fanboy.
So if you wouldn't blame 505 which is who published the game world wide then who would you blame? Sony gave us the patch and Microsoft got left out.

It comes down to the publisher whether or not the patches go out, and how much money it's going to cost which is where I see your point since the console companies charge the publishers to put out patches and dlc. In the end 505 didn't want to pay or they didn't see green numbers.

About Red Dead Redemption. That game was huge and took five to six years to make. I bought it and thought it was cool but I sold it and that is one of two games I have ever sold except for HAWX. After the game comes out it doesn't make sense to keep a bunch of people on payroll if they don't need them. It's just like any other project in the world. You hire people to make your product or design and once the project is over and there is nothing or a whole lot to do, you get rid of the people you don't need anymore. If they make a sequel to that game they already know the formula for the first one and then they will make the second game with as little people as it takes to make more of a profit.

Evidently 505 made all the money they thought they were really going to make and then pulled the plug to go make some stupid game like Naughty Bear.

Last edited by trk29; 07-17-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

hello guys

very good to have an helicopters sim in ps3,new experience,new flying machines,new weapons,new war theathers and new fun!!!if this new game is as good as bop (no doubts for me) ,for sure it will be a great game,in fact i will buy it!!!even if i prefer the ww2 planes it is a good idea to do an helicop sim!!can' t wait!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

I read somewhere recently that it costs $10,000 to release a patch with MS and sony and that is per region, so for a full worldwide update you're looking at $80,000 to cover 4 regions over 2 platforms...this seems rather expensive and is supposed to discourage publishers from patching too often.

The fact that rock star had to lay people off has probably got more to do with getting rid of some of the fat that most companies seem to have gained since the 90's because they thought (like everyone else) that they'd just keep making more and more money and get bigger and bigger.

If the $10,000 is true then 505 saved $40,000 by not releasing to MS... which they probably spent on Naughty Bear.

As for no sim mode in the Apache game.. Anyone else wondering if MS's peripherals issues have anything to do with this.. It's gotta be pretty hard to get the full set of controls for a helicopter onto a game pad?
Old 07-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
As for no sim mode in the Apache game.. Anyone else wondering if MS's peripherals issues have anything to do with this.. It's gotta be pretty hard to get the full set of controls for a helicopter onto a game pad?
I think for the perfect set up (hopefully) we will get to assign key commands like we did with BOP after the update.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post

"The game will include more than 16 multi-stage missions with both air and ground operations set off the coast of Africa, the mountains of the Middle East and the jungles of Central America, according to the release.
For some of us, this hits pretty close to home. My best friend died while flying Apaches in "the mountains of the Middle East". Not that I'm opposed to the game, I love to see new aviation titles come to consoles. I'm just not sure if I'll be playing this one.

It also seems odd that a Russian company would base a title on the Apache. Makes me wonder where they got their technical data, and how accurate it is LoL. Helocopter flight characteristics are much more complicated than those of fixed wing aircraft. If it's so very rare to find a good game based on fixed wing combat, how good can this one be? Guess we'll find out in a few months.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

did anyone find out if there is a forum for this somewhere yet?
Old 07-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Not very wise to call 1C fools especially when this is their forum. Plus you must be a little misunderstood. The publisher and the reason for lack of support was because of 505 so if anyone was to blame it would be them. They are the ones that didn't give you the patch.
I am not too worried of what may happen to me because i called the tards at 1C fools.

All but a handfull of my posts here were in anticipation of BoP. A game that I looked foward to as much as any I can remember. And I was let down like never before.

A better publishing company would never let this kind of thing happen. Both parties are at fault. Bottom line.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball View Post
I am not too worried of what may happen to me because i called the tards at 1C fools.

All but a handfull of my posts here were in anticipation of BoP. A game that I looked foward to as much as any I can remember. And I was let down like never before.

A better publishing company would never let this kind of thing happen. Both parties are at fault. Bottom line.
Thats taking it a little too far, you got to remember, its a video game, not reality.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post
did anyone find out if there is a forum for this somewhere yet?
I haven't been able to find one. The game is not even on Gaijin's website.

Since it is Gaijin it might be on the yuplay forum (haven't checked yet). That is until Activision dedicates a forum for it which will probably happen.

Last edited by trk29; 07-17-2010 at 08:40 PM.