Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:38 AM
71st_Mastiff

Default This Friday MP and Yak-1 update for EA

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/...rt-56/?p=95448

=FB=LOFT, on 07 Mar 2014 - 06:06, said:

Hello, dear friends and founders.

Today I'm going to tell you about the most recent news of the development. The past few days has brought several significant changes. Firstly, we have 3game versions now: early access, closed beta and developer version - the most content rich one. But what's more important is that closed beta version is already way ahead of the early access build. This means that the playable version goes through double bug filter and also fits our timelines - that's a solid attribute of a controlled release schedule by the way. So both content and game mechanics get properly tested, and you get to play the most bug- and glitch-proof game build that can be possibly provided on the current stage.

As I said, we keep a good speed, and the beta version is ahead of the early access by two planes already (Yak-1 and Pe-2) and two game modes: Quick Mission builder and Multiplayer. Well, we keep this up - and we have quality game to release. Meanwhile, flying Pe-2 is full of some peculiar pleasure. It's hard for me to describe all tiny traits of its character with words, so let's take landing for example. Somehow it makes me adore and hate this plane at the same time. Landing speed is almost as low as stall speed, that's why landing actually looks like a series of bouncing on the airfield, or landing turns into a control semi-spin on ultra-low altitude (it may sound like a joke, but it's pretty much true). The plane is unique, I love how we made it.

We're going to tell you precise dates when these two aircraft will be added to early access, since they are almost ready now. Quick mission editor has a more complicated story. There're still quite a lot of bugs in the interface which is extensive and has plenty of cross connections. So it remains in the test room for some more time. The state of Multiplayer is more optimistic and complex at the same time. It has been working fine since the first test day but I personnaly find it incomplete. I believe you're waiting for more than it features at this moment. And we' as its creators, don't feel ready to hear your annoyed jabber about it. Yes, we do know that the mode is not ready yet. But on the other hand I realize that such early debugging (even if it's smooth enough) can definitely be useful. The sooner we get the test results - the sooner we start fixing the discovered issues. That's why we've decided to at least show you the basics of multiplayer mode. We're start-upers here, we're allowed to risk.

This will happen next week, on March 15th. You'll get all the necessary info in the next dev blog, and this time - only general info. We'll set up our own servers. They will run the same scenario for everyone but at different difficulty settings. There'll be several servers of each kind. We'll try to have servers on both sides of the Atlantic to provide better connection to all players. Also we'll contact people who has already offered their servers next week, and if the Universe is surprisingly generous to our genre then we may have more servers. Details will follow, just wait for the next dev diary note.

The version in this week's early access is mostly devoted to fixing bugs and preparing the game for the up-coming multiplayer session. All currently unavailable missions will be unlocked, some mistakes will be removed, and you may find some new details in the game.

Full news
You can ask new questions in this thread
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc