Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

Default FMB Quest - Setting Up Targets

Hi guys! I've some problems here..
I'm making some historical mission and I don't know clearly how to deploy Primary and Secondary Target.
It is possible to set a "Destroy Bridge" for the Reds (with timer) and at the same time set a "Defend Bridge" for the Blues?
What I want is to force the Reds to attack the bridge before the timer countdown will elapsed to win the game..
If instead they don't do that the Blues will win.
Another question, I want that the Blues will attack (in another mission) a convoy destroying at least 75% of the ships forming the convoy
before the countdown will elapsed to win the game.. If instead they don't do that the Reds will win.
Do I have to set one "Destroy Ground" in the zone where all the ships spawn ? With an ammount of 75% and a one Timer?
Or I have to set up one "Destroy" for every ship?
Old 02-28-2014, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

For the first one, simply set a TimeOut value on the Destroy Bridge objective for red. If they don't complete it within the allotted time, then blue wins. You don't need to set a Defend Bridge target for blue on the same bridge.

For the second, if the ships in the convoy are moving, you unfortunately have to have a Destroy target for every ship in the convoy, so you can't assign a % of the convoy to be destroyed - everything tagged with the Destroy target will have to be sunk. If they're stationary however, then a Destroy Ground will work.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Ok, in the first case Reds win if they destroy all the 3 bridges right?
If they Destroy only 2 bridges Blues wins right?
In the second case, what happen if the Target Area cover ALL the moviment of the concoy?
I mean that the convoy will rest in that space for all the time....
For the points... If I'm a Red and I destroy a bridge that is a Primary Target then I score points.. But what happens if blues wins for the points? Who score points?
The meaning of this questions is to create a mission where if the Red win score points, if the blue wins score point...

Last edited by Racetrack; 02-28-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

You need to understand how the point system works. The player does not get points if his/her team wins the mission. You only get points for the units you personally destroy.

As for your second mission, you can indeed use a Destroy Ground Target for moving ships. Look at the screenshot below. I have a small test mission set up in the FMB.

There are two Blue ships sailing east. The Primary Target (which applies for Red) is set to a Destruction level of 50%. There is also a TimeOut limit of 20 minutes. So, if Red sinks at least one of the ships within 20 minutes, they win the mission. If 20 minutes is reached before Red completes the Target, Blue wins.

*The important thing to remember for this particular type of scenario is that the ships must remain in the Target Circle during certain critical times. These are:

A. All the ships must be in the circle when and if the first ship is destroyed. They can actually start the mission outside of the circle, as long as they enter it within this critical time.
B. All the ships must be in the circle when/if the TimeOut setting expires (in this case, 20 minutes).

Again, there are no points awarded for winning a mission. You need to destroy units to be awarded any points.

Aviar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Target.jpg (182.2 KB, 11 views)
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 02-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviar View Post
As for your second mission, you can indeed use a Destroy Ground Target for moving ships.
That's bizarre, I never knew that. At least it explains the Destroy Ground acting funny if a vehicle convoy is moving through the area or stops within the circle.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Approved Member

GOD!
What a perfect explanation!
Thank you very much dude!!!
Old 03-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Aviar is the man for this shit, he has been building missions and hosting servers and coops since

Christ was a corporal....