Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:59 AM
Approved Member

Default Before this game dies, can we have some tighter maps

Mostly on the dogfight servers,. Some of the new maps in Skies of Valor are really good, their tight allowing for faster gameplay.

It's just getting really boring flying in dogfight missions when when you have to fly out 10 minutes just to get to the target, or flying around the map for 20 minutes trying to find a bandit cause no-one is focusing on the objective cause their are objectives scattered all around the map

Just wondering if we can just turn up the excitement and fun just a little bit. Would be nice to have maps that are tighter and have a single-focus objective so everybody is actually playing together

Last edited by Black_Sage29; 02-23-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Maybe it's time to run some more coop missions?

Keep in mind that people like different things. For some, flight times of more than 30 minutes with tight TeamSpeak coordination and squadron structure is the only way to play the game. For others the bases should be less than 10km apart and fighting shouldn't go higher than 1000 meters.

When you set up a server you usually make a decision to cater to a specific kind of audience. Battlefield1 maps are designed for open cockpit, casual players, but with a desire for objective gameplay. Therefore flight times of 4-6 minutes to target with one or two main target objectives arranged with some distance between each other (usually) is the way to go.

You just need to find the servers that offer the setups the way you like them. But remember that not everyone prefers to fly or fight that way.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sage29 View Post
Mostly on the dogfight servers,. Some of the new maps in Skies of Valor are really good, their tight allowing for faster gameplay.

It's just getting really boring flying in dogfight missions when when you have to fly out 10 minutes just to get to the target, or flying around the map for 20 minutes trying to find a bandit cause no-one is focusing on the objective cause their are objectives scattered all around the map

Just wondering if we can just turn up the excitement and fun just a little bit. Would be nice to have maps that are tighter and have a single-focus objective so everybody is actually playing together
Ask the question at the servers websites.

Or

Join a squad and fly with purpose.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
For others the bases should be less than 10km apart and fighting shouldn't go higher than 1000 meters.
If i want to get high here.. I fly off the map then come back at altitude.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:22 AM
Approved Member

I believe that the original poster got a point.
Sometimes simpler maps with a clear objective, make encounters more frequent.

Having too many objectives with the amount of people that fly online nowadays, could be somewhat over ambitious. Those maps were incredibly fun two years ago, but now with fewer people playing, they are becoming too big.

Also, it is not a request for il2, but actually for the server hosts.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS69 View Post
I believe that the original poster got a point.
Sometimes simpler maps with a clear objective, make encounters more frequent.

Having too many objectives with the amount of people that fly online nowadays, could be somewhat over ambitious. Those maps were incredibly fun two years ago, but now with fewer people playing, they are becoming too big.

Also, it is not a request for il2, but actually for the server hosts.
It's a valid request, however, it'd be nice to recognize that one mans feast is another mans famine. Some like the complexity and some do not and since it isn't cut and dried there are varying degrees to what people find interesting and acceptable.

As a mission design for dogfight servers you have to know and cater to the audience that you want to attract... and usually after all of these years you tend to find who they are. Not everyone likes it and some try and make your server into what they want... when really they should maybe check out some other place.

Point well taken about the slowly shrinking online community and the desire to have at least some combat. If the scenario is too large then maybe it needs to shrink a bit. Or maybe players will need to focus a bit more on hitting targets as designated (if the server provides that).
Old 02-24-2014, 02:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Freddie View Post
If i want to get high here.. I fly off the map then come back at altitude.
On the old 334th server I used to fly off in the opposite direction, climb to about 4000 meters in a Do335 with a 1000KG bomb. Then, I'd lob the bomb at their base, sometime score a bunch of kills on the ground (never knew what hit them!), and then run back to mine with an angry hornets nest behind me!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
On the old 334th server I used to fly off in the opposite direction, climb to about 4000 meters in a Do335 with a 1000KG bomb. Then, I'd lob the bomb at their base, sometime score a bunch of kills on the ground (never knew what hit them!), and then run back to mine with an angry hornets nest behind me!
Now that sounds like a fun time
Old 02-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

No. Distances, location of targets, planesets, AAA and bases are just perfect at the moment. 10 minutes of transit with climb is acceptable, and outside office hours, there will be enough players present.

As for objectives... on dogfight servers, all objectives are completely and utterly meaningless, save for what you choose for yourself.