Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

Default Mixture in il2 1946.

Like to ask a few questions about the behavior of mixture control in the game. I never flew a real plane, so i dont know anything about the reality. I only read some articles about how to manage the mixture, lean versus rich, etc. So my question is:
1- Is the mixture in game behavior much diferent from real planes, is it well simulated? Or it is very different because of the game engine limits?
2-Planes like P-40, B-25, etc, dont have mixture control in the game. Is it because they were fully automated, or because that has not been implemented in game?
Not asking for anything here, just want to know how it works.

Thank you all, and thanks also to Daidalos team.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

1 - From what I can tell it's fairly simple. The engine runs rough once it hits the target altitude fairly suddenly, and I don't think the game models the temperate of each cylinder and the effect that has. It's good enough for air combat scenarios however.

2 - Automated. US planes had a couple of settings like rich of peak and a bit leaner for economy cruise, I think, but it was mostly automatic.