Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:56 PM
Registered Member

Question Starting over

Haven't posted here since 2008. Life intervened.

I bought IL-2 1946 from UbiSoft as a direct download. Had it installed on my Win XP box, but it went to the back burner when I moved to China for a few years.

When I came home to the US last year I didn't have time for games. When the time came that I did the motherboard on my gaming box crashed, and I had to rebuild, using the original hard drives, and Win 7 64-bit.

I still had my original IL-2 installation on my D: drive, so I figured I might be OK.

But when I run it, it now wants to go out to the internet to register it. And it can't get there, even though I have a live DSL connection.

I figure it's a Windows firewall issue, but have no idea what settings need to be changed. I also have no idea whether UbiSoft will even support my re-registration.

To make matters worse I can't locate the original downloaded installation files.

Is this a hopeless cause?
Old 05-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

If you can spare $9.99 it can be had from here DRM-free, with a mega-patch right up to the latest patch level in one go right there on the website, as well as a few other goodies.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I never even thought about GOG. I've downloaded older stuff from there in the past, but it never occurred to me to look there.

Downloading now.

Thanks.

(Now I've got to figure out a simple way to salvage my saved careers and (many) installed mods.