Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Approved Member

Default Straight from the Farm campaign update

A little Christmas present from myself and Zeus-cat.
An update to an auto installer version for the Straight From the Farm campaign that includes the original and some updated files necessary for the Campaign and Single missions to work.
The updates to the Campaign and Single missions will still allow them to be played using the "Stand Alone" and "Merged" versions of Pacific Fighters.

Credits:
Straight From the Farm campaign by Zeus-cat: http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=2147

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
Fixes:
  1. Created an auto installer to make the campaign easier to install.
    Default install location: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\
    The installer for this campaign uses the same program (WinRAR) as the official patches.
    Use the "Browse" feature to point the installer to the correct file path for your installation if the default location is not correct for your install.
  2. Renamed the Single missions folder from "Practice" to "SFTF-Practice."
  3. Updated the "Straight From the Farm Briefings.doc" file so that it shows the correct waypoint heading for waypoint number 4 in Mission #19 - Final Mission.
    Original Text: 180mph, heading 155 degrees, 2 minutes
    Corrected Text: 180mph, heading 200 degrees, 5 minutes
  4. Updated the "Straight From the Farm Briefings.txt" file so that it shows the correct waypoint heading for waypoint number 4 in Mission #19 - Final Mission.
    Original Text: 180mph, heading 155 degrees, 2 minutes
  5. Updated the "Farm_A19.properties" file in the Campaign missions UN folder so that it shows the correct waypoint heading for waypoint number 4 in Mission #19 - Final Mission.
    Original Text: 180mph, heading 125 degrees, 2 minutes
  6. Updated the "Farm_A19.properties" file in the Single missions UN folder so that it shows the correct waypoint heading for waypoint number 4 in Mission #19 - Final Mission.
    Original Text: 180mph, heading 125 degrees, 2 minutes
  7. Moved the readme's to a Documents folder.
    Default location: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Documents\Zeus-cat\Straight_From_the_Farm\
Campaign Screen:

Difficulty Screens:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
How to Install:
  1. Unzip/Extract the "StraightFarm_v1-01.zip" file onto your desktop.
    There are two files in the zip folder.
    StraightFarm_v1-01.exe
    WC_Straight_From_the_Farm_Readme.txt
  2. Click on the "StraightFarm_v1-01.exe" and follow the instructions for installing the files.
    Default Install Location: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946
    (The StraightFarm_v1-01.exe file uses WinRAR which is the same program as the Official patches.)
  3. After the files have installed start the sim and click on the Pilot Career button.
  4. In the Airforce selection find and select the USN (United States Navy) option.
  5. In the Career section find and select the "Straight from the Farm" campaign.
  6. Set the "Rank" and "Difficulty" settings.
    (See the "Description" text to find out what Rank and Difficulty settings to use for the campaign.)
  7. Click the "Start" button to generate the campaign.
  8. Fly and enjoy the campaign.
There have been some problems in the past getting the Straight From the Farm download installed to the correct location so it would work. I am hoping that by creating an auto installer that works exactly like one of the Official patches any future problems getting the campaign installed will be minimized.

Wheels
Old 12-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

Well done gents, this is a fantastic piece of work that set the highest standard for so many of the missions and campaigns I built since having flown yours. Thanks again for the update.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I have also played this series and learned quite a bit from it. It would be great if there are similar trainig campaigns for other types of navy aircraft such as TBD, TBF and fighters. I know I am asking too much, but once again thanx for this great camp gents.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandacat View Post
Yeah, I have also played this series and learned quite a bit from it. It would be great if there are similar training campaigns for other types of navy aircraft such as TBD, TBF and fighters. I know I am asking too much, but once again thanx for this great camp gents.
What I did when I flew the original and finished the campaign was edit and change the various practices with the airplane I wanted to learn and saved it under that name.

Worked just fine.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

Neat idea Freelansir.

Wheels