Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:05 AM
Approved Member

Default [Tip/Trick]Outturn Any Plane In Arcade Servers

Mostly useful if you have a bandit on your six, or coming in to attack you while your high also.

What you do is when the bandit gets on your six or is about to get on your six, you go into a steep dive gaining a lot of speed.

He's probably is still with you at this point, ...now what you do is quickly level off with your newly acquired energy. Now you go into your turn, and yank on the stick pulling enough G's that you almost completely black out. Here's the thing though, don't hold the stick back..just yank it and let it go back to it's normal position so you don't black all the way out and crash. You do this several times

I call it Riding The Wave Of Destructive G and it's fun.

I've dusted Russian LA-7's and even I-185's in my P-51/P-47 probably cause they didn't know how to ride the wave lol...some even crashed cause they blacked out lmao

Note This only works in games with full physics, i.e. stalls/spins on, etc,

If you have a plane that has a high dive acceleration ( like P-51, P-47, or Fw-190, Corsair, etc ), and their still on you after that usually you'll have more energy to either outrun or outclimb them

Another Note Best time to do this high-g maneuver is when your at least 300+ MPH

Another NoteYou can still be shot in a dive, rolling the ailerons can make you an even harder target to hit while in your diving. Adding a bit of rudder in is even better

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 03-31-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

I'm not what it's called, but you can do that on a full server (be it more carefully ).

Essentially your energy loss is minimal for the instant directional angle change, compared to holding the stick back continuously.

If the opponent was wise, they'd hold the stick back gently keeping you at the top of their windshield frame, until the last moment.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

If you're a wise follower then you rise to slow down and turn at a less E-wasting speed then drop back down to regain your stored energy.

Use The Vertical, Luke!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:04 AM
Approved Member

I can believe this would work on arcade servers, because that is where pilots bad enough to try and follow such a maneuver would hang out.