Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

True! killing four KV's with a Stuka G, while being assaulted by enemy fighters, will be a good measure of anyones cool head.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

I was once able to basically win an entire map (the remaining 50% of tank targets) on my personal accord, in a single attack sortie.

It was arcadey server though, I was flying cannon stuka and I was busting tanks in Crimea

Youget what 12 pulls of trigger with those stuka cannons, before youre out of ammo? I missed only once, the rest of the shots hit the target areas in tanks, and killed the tanks.

At hungary balaton map, I was able to destroy maybe 20-30% of tank targets in a single sturmovik sortie. (and I even strafed some train locomotives to benefit my team - always stop the trains so they cannot move and they are more easy to locate and destroy in future!)
Old 02-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

What Sage is missing is that any dogfight has elements of energy fighting in it. If two pilots in the same aircraft type start out head to head at the same altitude and speed, the one which manages his energy better can get up out of reach of their opponent very easily and change it from a turning fight into a energy fight. that does not mean the pilot is boring, it means he is a great pilot.

The same goes for aircraft types, If you are flying on a historical server, that matches up different aircraft types that fought during WWII, then any aircraft type you encounter is going to either turn better than yours or be faster. Calling the pilot of a FW190 stupid because he uses his aircraft's advantages is as ignorant as calling the pilot of a Zero stupid for using its great turning ability.

Video where I turn a fight from energy, to turning and burning and back to energy again, which is why the other guy lost.....: