Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventures of Princess Ameli (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 11-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
I think Ahmadi is also going for a good result, this is why he's doing island after island. His entire post suggests that. As such, traveling back and forth will seriously harm the score.

To save yourself from the multiple travels, you can try to force the Gromozeka hero on the bolo island away from the chest he's guarding. Since this is a quest monster, it will follow you. Have him go far from the chest then dash to take it. Inside is the Amulet that is required to obtain to get the second Stone of Gods. With each stone, the units in Debir (King Friedrich's island) will grow better and better. At least that can save you some mindless travels from island to island.

I'm saying this for a fact, because Im doing an impossible game with a Paladin, testing how quickly I can get lvl 3 learning (together with the +XP items, thus checking out how quickly I can level up) and lvl 3 Resurrection skill and use scapegoats. In my game so far I have really awful army setup on the Debir (few inquisitors), Scarlet Wind (no knights, no paladins, only 4 archmagi) and Bolo islands (2 measly Royal griffins and Cyclopses), and nothing better on the Rusty Anchor island. This can make your game very, very hard. Probably Ahmadi is having the same problem.

Still, once should never give up, there is always a way out!
Really? Tell me that supossed way out when u are running out of money and all the enemies are very strong+???

U need to travel from island to island for gaining exp and leveling. U can avoid that on the 1 first island, but when u gain access to scarlet, u need to go from island to island.

For the stones quest, u can access the second one easily, but im level 16 and i cant even try to fight for the third stone. I dont have too much gold, and all the enemies around are very strong-lethal-invincible. I cleared debir, scarlet, bola, rucher ankor (or something like that lol). Only have left dusuf island and verona. And cant do anything on em. So i ask u people, how to gain gold without fighting?? (and dont tell me to sell, cuz i sold everything lol and all the quests are fighting ones) . And i have Paladins-Evil Beholders-Inquisitors-Griffins-Guardsman. I think is not a bad army, needed to change royal snakes for griffins and sea dogs for paladins but i think it was a really good army (i did 2 of the loseless victories awards till i get into Verona but) Yup, i think its impossible, so the game ends once i run out of gold. Thats a shame.

Last edited by N3MES1S; 11-27-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:27 AM
Registered Member

I am playing as a warrior,difficulty hard.well, i have the same problem but u can complete some quests by dodging the enemy.for e.g in the quest wherein u have to get the amulet for getting the first stone of teana,from the bolo catacombs,i fooled the r-14 droid guarding the chest
Old 11-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

Well N3mes1s, sorry for that but that's how this game goes now. KBAP doesn't like squandering cash Looking at you army setup it doesn't have a distinguishable tank, nor a unit to support it. You also don't have scapegoat units save for the sky guards from the Royal Griffins.

The next playthrough, try making a balanced party with a strong tank and good support. Paladins will do, and they're best paired up with Archmagi for magic shield to reduce the damage they take. Even if you don't have target (I found it late in most of my playthroughs), you can always port the paladins right into the centre of the battlefield or into the enemy ranks and do the tanking that way.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Well N3mes1s, sorry for that but that's how this game goes now. KBAP doesn't like squandering cash Looking at you army setup it doesn't have a distinguishable tank, nor a unit to support it. You also don't have scapegoat units save for the sky guards from the Royal Griffins.

The next playthrough, try making a balanced party with a strong tank and good support. Paladins will do, and they're best paired up with Archmagi for magic shield to reduce the damage they take. Even if you don't have target (I found it late in most of my playthroughs), you can always port the paladins right into the centre of the battlefield or into the enemy ranks and do the tanking that way.
THATS Exactly wat im doing, but the problem is not the fight, i can win 2, 3 , 4 hard fights losing only 30% of my army and without retrooping (and believe thats is too hard to achieve, losing only 2 or 3 paladins its too hard) , but after that, i cant afford the next, cuz i didnt gain enough gold to re-troop all my army. And the next enemies are "lethal".
Old 12-07-2009, 03:10 AM
Approved Member

Ideally you need to avoid losing any troops at all. Aside from the cost of replacing them, you start getting medals that boost leadership when you win enough fights with no losses.

A few hints for keeping your losses down:

- Avoid low HP creatures, they die too easily.
- Take as many inquisitors as you can. They have the ressurection spell which can restore killed troops.
- For the above, note that ressurection is basically a healing spell that can restore units to life. So casting heal on a unit before ressurection can ensure you get back as many lives as possible.
- Cast protective spells like stoneskin on a high HP, high defense creature and put them between your ranged units and the enemy. They can survive the beating while you whittle down their troops.
- Summoned creatures are a godsend as they can do the same as the above but don't count towards your lost troops tally. Royal griffons have their own summon power which is very useful.
- The trap spell is useful for slowing down enemy ground units. Drop it at a bottleneck in the battlefield or where you figure the enemy will step. It's best used on the most dangerous stack. It's very useful against enemy stacks that use some kind of run power to cross the battlefield in the first round.
- If you are a mage, make a beeline for higher magic. Being able to cast extra spells at the start of combat can really make a difference.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:43 AM
Approved Member

Nemesis, there is a quest on Rusty Anchor Island to get 50 pirates, bowmen and robbers. Doing so unlocks a nearby underground area, where you can get a *free* green Dragon. You'll have to sneak around Zag Zag to get in. This green dragon (1900 Leadership, which I hope you have) will be REALLY helpful! It is a great tank, and can power you through many combats.

I would suggest At least 1 stack of level 5 units. Be they Ogre's, Trolls, Dragons, or even Cyclopses in melee range, and use them out in front. One 'assist' style unit like Demonologists, necromancers, or Inquisitors, and one DPS stack like royal snakes (Something resurrectable by your support class.)

The hardest hump in the game is right before you get to Verona. Afterwards, it gets much easier due to a lot of loot just laying around on maps.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
or even Cyclopses
Never underestimate the Cyclops They have some powerful abilities. (Stun and a no retaliation "shove".)