Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 08-27-2021, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

HI!
Sorry to hijack the tread !
But me and a friend , we are trying to fly together on-line.
He doesn't have a capable rig to fly the other sim.
We just want to conect ours PC , with the IP.
But no joy till now.
We are tiping the IP , after some search it's still not clear how it works.
Should keep the :2100 that's already there in the window and just tipe the IP in front of it.
Or there's another metod to conect in one of the cooperative missions in side IL2 1946.
We both are with 1.14.1

Thank's in advance!

Martim
RAM:32Gb Corsair LPX DDR4 3000mhz CL15
GPU:MSI GTX1080ti 11gb
Samsung 860 EVO System SK Hynix GP31 1TB
WD 1Tb CaviarGreen
PSU:XFX650w Core Edition
TIR5
Old 08-27-2021, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Gel-ler, Did you guys open up the ports on which ever rig is hosting? You have to do that first, then you should have no problems hosting using your ip address.
Go here: https://portforward.com/router.htm Find your router and follow instructions. One word of advice. AT SOME POINT THE WEBSITE WILL TELL YOU TO BUY THE NETWORK UTILITY WHATEVER. DO NOT BUY IT.

Also....make sure your using you public IP and not the local IP.

And to reply to Storborer:
Never had any issues hosting a dogfight mission or co-operative mission using 4.14.1 on hyperlobby. Other than the whole no players around.
I think the dedicated servers have an issue because the software they use for stats hasn't been updated in.....10 years or so? Perhaps some of the talented guys over at SAS could look into updating that?
Or since the stock 4.14.1 is modable, maybe someone could look into updating HSFX to 4.14? Of course it also wouldn't hurt if Daidalos Team actually put out a detailed guide on how to add mods to 4.14.

Last edited by Marabekm; 08-27-2021 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-28-2021, 07:11 AM
Approved Member

I've started making some small contributions towards the following Daidalos Team map projects:
  • Andaman and Nicobar Islands
  • English Channel
So far I've just made a couple of villages for the Andamans map, and tested a bunch of airfields for it.

I'm currently working on building reasonably historical representations of Lille-Vendeville and Lille-Nord airfields for the Channel map, using some new taxiway/track options not currently available in the game. I hope to do a lot more work for that map, but I'm still on the learning curve, and I'm not currently finding as much time for that as I would like. Life gets in the way!

There is still much work to be done on these maps, so I have no idea when they will actually make it into a patch.

Last edited by JacksonsGhost; 08-28-2021 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 08-28-2021, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

I'm currently running the Ultimate version (4.11.x? 4.12.y?), is there any chance of a post-Ultimate packaged version?
Old 09-04-2021, 02:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo kyu View Post
I'm currently running the Ultimate version (4.11.x? 4.12.y?), is there any chance of a post-Ultimate packaged version?
This one?
https://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/629...timate-edition
Isn't that the version we all have?
Old 09-04-2021, 04:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
This one?
https://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/629...timate-edition
Isn't that the version we all have?
That might well be the currently available commercial version, which is what I was talking about.

However, there are later versions that can legally be downloaded from the net that some others are using. It is possible that a new version will be published on the net, but not published on any physical media. I like having physical media.

There is also the factor that to download you usually have to become a member of the site that offers the download.
Old 09-04-2021, 02:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo kyu View Post
... It is possible that a new version will be published on the net, but not published on any physical media. I like having physical media.

There is also the factor that to download you usually have to become a member of the site that offers the download.
I'm pretty sure you don't have to have an account to download patches from M4T anymore. If you wanted to patch up as far as 4.14.1, or to 4.13.4, or just to 4.12.2 as most modders do, you can do any of that from whatever your current version for free by following the directions at the M4T link below:

https://www.mission4today.com/index....p=show&kid=584

As for the latest physical media, I understand your preference, but I think the Ultimate version is currently it. I guess anything is possible for the future, but I personally very much doubt there will be further physical releases.

Steam or GOG seem to be the accepted method for new players to obtain the game now. The Steam download is currently at version 4.12.2 for US$14.95, but I know some players have succeeded in patching it up to 4.14.1. The cautions involved with patching to 4.14 are another story though, already well documented in this forum.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
The cautions involved with patching to 4.14 are another story though, already well documented in this forum.
I managed to patch my Steam game up to 4.14 with no problem, but I kept a clean copy of the game in my Documents folder just in case something went wrong. Do you have any info about people who had issues patching their Steam version of the game?
Old 09-06-2021, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

So many versions....
And most people don't even know which one they have installed. It's all very confusing.
I believe the ultimate addition is Pacific Fighters + AEP + Original IL2
A more recent CD version would be IL2 1946. But the latest version of that is 4.07.
You can get all the updates at missionfortoday for free. No account needed to go from 4.07 to 4.14.1. But no physical CD exists/
Then there's all the mod offshoots DBW, HSFX, BaT, and probably 5 or six more I just can't think of the names.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marabekm View Post
So many versions....
And most people don't even know which one they have installed. It's all very confusing.
I believe the ultimate addition is Pacific Fighters + AEP + Original IL2
A more recent CD version would be IL2 1946. But the latest version of that is 4.07.
You can get all the updates at missionfortoday for free. No account needed to go from 4.07 to 4.14.1. But no physical CD exists/
Then there's all the mod offshoots DBW, HSFX, BaT, and probably 5 or six more I just can't think of the names.
Nope, the Ultimate edition has everything1946 has (which includes original Il*2, Forgotten Battles, Pacific Fighters and AEP) and more.