Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Furio

IL2 1946

Small retouches

I think it needs a complete major overhaul, there's far too many problems with the thing, retouching a cockpit here and there is like repainting the Titanic.

Ballistics, FM and DM needs a rework on a lot of aircraft before doing any cosmetic work.

If Oleg was to approve Daidalos for the above I'm sure they would undertake this important "update" before any graphical changes.

Also adding more content would be pointless as seen in the past, nothing gets fixed just more errors put into the sim making it worse, hopefully with Daidalus were could get the glaring problems fixed before any thing else is done.

I don't want to particularly mention specific problems so as not to sound biased myself but a simple example would be to fix the He111 ground handling that they broke for example

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 08-17-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Furio

IL2 1946

Small retouches

I think it needs a complete major overhaul, there's far too many problems with the thing, retouching a cockpit here and there is like repainting the Titanic.

Ballistics, FM and DM needs a rework on a lot of aircraft before doing any cosmetic work.

If Oleg was to approve Daidalus for the above I'm sure they would undertake this important "update" before any graphical changes.

Also adding more content would be pointless as seen in the past, nothing gets fixed just more errors put into the sim making it worse, hopefully with Daidalus were could get the glaring problems fixed before any thing else is done.

I don't want to particularly mention specific problems so as not to sound biased myself but a simple example would be to fix the He111 ground handling that they broke for example
Kg Alpha, you’re entirely right, of course.
But I see a difference, now, and I hope not to be overly optimistic. For the first time ever (as far as I know) there is an external entity (Daidalus) that reaches an agreement with 1C to continue Il2 development. They must have demonstrated technical ability, sound organization and reliability enough to complete a fully-fledged add-on and obtain such a full endorsement by Oleg himself. With time, they will gain more autonomy and more decisional latitude, up to the point that they will possibly tackle the complete overhaul of which you talk about. But they would not want to appear as changing Oleg’s philosophy. In this process, while they strengthen their technical background, we must show patience, I think, and appreciation.
For this reason I’m asking for small things first, even if they look somewhat unimportant.
For this reason I hope they can recruit new people.
And, finally, for this reason I encourage them as much as I can.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Furio

IL2 1946

Small retouches

Well, the complete overhaul has a name - SoW I don't think that Daidalus will do more than wrapping up 4.09 and then put some additional lipstick on the stiff If they do just that, I will be content...
Old 08-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
Well, the complete overhaul has a name - SoW I don't think that Daidalus will do more than wrapping up 4.09 and then put some additional lipstick on the stiff If they do just that, I will be content...
Here I disagree . SOW it’ll be an entirely new game, of a completely different class. Much can be done to refine Il2, but, like you, I’ll be happy of any improvement Daidalus will do.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Tree_UK

One thing i cannot understand is this, if we do get the 4.09 patch which we assume is going to be free then who is paying the staff at Daidalus? Surely they aren't doing it for the love of the sim, especially when SOW is allegedly knocking on the door. Of course if they are doing the 4.09 patch and then hope to release paid add ons later then they must know something about SOW that we dont otherwise it would be financial suicide to get involved in a project that is soon to be superceeded. So the big question is, who is financially supporting Daidalus?

Last edited by Tree_UK; 08-16-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
So the big question is, who is financially supporting Daidalus?
Noone.
And yes,we're doing it because of "the love to this sim".

I don't know where from you people are managing to dig up such yellow news.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Tree_UK

I take it your part of the Daidalus team? Oleg has already stated that you have worked on the project for 8 months + 2 months testing and you plan to continue support with free add-ons after 4.09. I'm sorry but that really doesn't make sense to me, surely its a conflict of interests unless of course SOW is a lot further off than we already feared. If what you say is true, then big respect for spending 10 months of solid work for nothing, you should become a modder! Unless of course you already are?

Last edited by Tree_UK; 08-16-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

@tree_uk
sorry, i can´t help it but i think your posts are sounding so negative.
It seems that your glass is always half empty and not half full.
One doesn´t have to search a worm in every apple.
Why can´t you be as content as the majority here and enjoy the possibility of the soon coming 4.09 final?

think positive!
Old 08-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Because Tree needs to find a reason for SOW being cancelled.

He lives for that outcome it seems.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 08-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
@tree_uk
sorry, i can´t help it but i think your posts are sounding so negative.
It seems that your glass is always half empty and not half full.
One doesn´t have to search a worm in every apple.
Why can´t you be as content as the majority here and enjoy the possibility of the soon coming 4.09 final?

think positive!
My glass is fine thanks buddy, now releax guys, this is a forum its primary function is to ask questions and share news etc, I have done just that, the question i have asked is a little awkward i grant you that but that does not make an unvalid one. If i am way off track i'm sure somebody in the know will point me in the right direction. There must be someone else here who 'thinks outside the box' , i'm sure i am am not alone. The question still stands.
Closed Thread