Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.}{.O.R. View Post
Is there a description of what is considered a movie on your site? And if so I have probably missed it lol...
I'm sure Joe will respond, but I'm also sure he won't mind if I weigh in with a comment or three in the interim. The decision to place a Movie at FSM is subjective. The "Board of Directors" of FSM, consisting of seven individuals with wide and varied experience, but with a common interest in IL2 movie-making, discuss any nominated movie at length, taking into consideration such factors as:

Originality
Cinematography
Editing
Story/Screenplay
Use of Filters
Use of Visual FX
Use of Sound FX (and/or Sound Mods)
Sound Tracks (Music, dialogue, Mixing)
Longevity...Will it stand the test of time (Is it worth viewing more than just once, twice, or many times)

Icons: A very specific factor, the presence of Icons, subtitles, HUD, on-line text conversation, uncropped Fraps Logo, uncropped ping indicators, etc etc,etc, automatically disqualify a movie from inclusion at FSM.

The deliberation is subjective in that there are no points tallied per category/factor, no rating scales, no relative weighting of factors, etc. The final decision is by Concensus of the Board, with Joe 90 having the final decision. The strongest aspect(s) of each movie selected is usually expressed in the Text Synopsis for the movie at FSM.

Similarly, the Oleg's are awarded subjectively, after discussion, when some aspect (or many) of a particular movie are deemed to be especially noteworthy, and explained in the simple narrative accompanying the award.

Hope that helps a bit to understand the process.

Last edited by DoolittleRaider; 02-28-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

Sounds are great but i got 1 problem with cannons sound - they are too quiet. Sound of machinguns are ok but sound of cannons are too weak.
How change these?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

...what DoolittleRaider said
Old 03-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

Question

Hello Jafa

Many thanks for the great sound mod!!!

Just one problem, the Do-335 Pfeil is very quiet, is there a solution?

Thanks
McDan out
Old 03-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

Can we please have a download avail for Airshow 1 and 2...???
Old 03-02-2009, 06:11 AM
Approved Member

NOT YET....when ive uploaded them they will be in the movie section of this forum.

McDaniel , for shure you are right , at this time I have no Idear , ill look into it....

Jafa.

Last edited by fireflyerz; 03-02-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiatek View Post
Sounds are great but i got 1 problem with cannons sound - they are too quiet. Sound of machinguns are ok but sound of cannons are too weak.
How change these?
Any help? I think that new engine sounds are too loud in cocpit thats why cannons sounds are too quiet. Mgs are ok but cannon are very quiet.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Approved Member

Excellent job Jafa as always

but you know what would've been awesome?

that some pilot get mad at other for flying to close and that initiates a fight! yeah, right in front of the people!

JU-88 colliding with the B-29, spitfire squadron chasing the P-51's, F4U and P-40's truning with the A6M's

F4F's desperate trying to get airborne before the fight ends, 109's and 190's getting alt to avoid the skirmish

ok just kidding, excellent job, a must download

regards
Old 03-10-2009, 06:13 AM
Approved Member

Funny you should say that , I was thinkin of a mass mid air pile up for the ending , but at that point id had one too many and the conversation at the bar had got WAY out of hand , as for the biggie version , cant upload it yet cos Ive got a probs with speed ..... it took 4 hours to upload 4 mb to utube last week and airshow two is around the 500 mark , but its improving day by day so soon I.........hope.................................... .......................................

Jafa.