Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torenvalk View Post
choctaw111, can you give me the excat link you used to get this download to work. It would be much appreciated. Love you avatar btw, that movie made me laugh very much.

I used the link in the YouTube description. It took many tries, but I finally got it to work. I think it may be due to the volume of downloads on it today.
Now that I have the files, I put them into the folders like I thought the readme said, but now Il2 won't load past 5%. What's that all about?
About my avatar. It is a very funny movie, but I have since lost the link for it. I had it downloaded on my HD at one time, but no more. Where to find it? PM me.

So...who got these sounds to work? Anyone? Please let me know how you did it. The instructions in the readme are forgetting about the "startups" folder, and is saying to delete the entire samples/presets folder before installing his? What about the gunfire files in there?

Last edited by choctaw111; 02-20-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

Sorry choctaw111, don't have the original movie. I found out it's part of the "Minuscule" series from tv. Just saw it again on youtube and had a good lough again. Just type "Minuscule ladybug" and you will find that one and a lot more funny ones from Minuscule.

About the link, did you use spaces in the last part of the link or did you write it all in one piece? In the movie it is written with spaces.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Sorry choctaw111, don't have the original movie. I found out it's part of the "Minuscule" series from tv. Just saw it again on youtube and had a good lough again. Just type "Minuscule ladybug" and you will find that one and a lot more funny ones from Minuscule.

About the link, did you use spaces in the last part of the link or did you write it all in one piece? In the movie it is written with spaces.

Thanks

I just clicked on the link at the top of the movie and it took me to the YouTube page with that movie. On the right is a download location in the description.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw111 View Post
I just clicked on the link at the top of the movie and it took me to the YouTube page with that movie. On the right is a download location in the description.
Ah, I just found that out. Thanks anyway. It is downloading now. Is it made to be compatible with the unified MOD installer v1.1?

Good luck with finding the movie.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

I got them to work allright. I made a copy of the samples and presets folders. Then I copied the prs files from Jafa's mod to the presets/sounds folder and the wav files to the samples folder. They work ok, but I will not use all of them. The in cockpit sounds are very nice and i am considering to use them. The external sounds of the bombers are better too, but the external sounds of the fighters are not so good. Somehow the are not as clear as the unified installer v1.0 soundmod and there is also a sort of distortion because you can hear the sounds of the other aircraft nearby to loud. To each his own but this is my opinion.

Good luck.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Registered Member

Man do I stay corrected! I only installed part 2 of the mod because I thought part 1 was the older version. It is not! I have installed the whole mod and I am much more satisfied about it now. There are real gems between them and especially the merlins sound very good and do not sound so repetitive now. I wil give this much more time to scrutinize! The only minor thing is the fact that you can still hear planes in the vasinity much clearer now which is distortive.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Could you please provide us with a working link to download that very good soundmod of yours, jafa? The mediafire link does not seem to work. Maybe that is because it is rather vague long and therefore easily typed wrong .

Thanks.

Please ... do not use the movie link , it is long since dead , use the link in the "more info" section of the utube page , and you must download both rar files to get the complete package.
As a basic guide to anyone wanting to install these sounds....

1. You must have the sound mod from AAA.
2. Only deleat coresponding files , ie , if you want to install my merlin sounds , deleat all previous merlin wav's and Prs and install mine , do NOT deleat all of your Wav and Prs files.

Lastly ... though I am chuffed to bits at the response to my movie and sounds , I do not think that here at 1c is the right place to be openly dicussing these mods , so if you need any help please Pm me at my utube site and ill do my best to get you sorted

Cheers
Jafa.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

Ok Jafa, your obviously right about this. Just downloaded some more of your movies and they are very good.

Cheers
Old 02-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Approved Member

Absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!! download link for airshow 1 & 2

I'd like to know your gfx settings AA AF etc...
Old 02-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

Very nice indeed mate

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC