Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyigz View Post
There is no dx10.1 nvidia card, g80 also have pcie2.0 support.

But after a hd3850 any nvidia card would be downgrade, bcuz it capable for dx10.1, and nvidia cards hardly capable for REAL dx10 games (cuz there was some games with advertised dx10... but dx10 not about just shader 4, and they used just that)
You're right the 8800GT is not a DX10.1 Card but I wouldn't consider going with an Nvidia it to be any sort of down grade. In terms of future support Microsoft stated "Microsoft reiterates that DirectX 10.1 fully supports DirectX 10 hardware and that DX10.1 extends the hardware functionality slightly" The update is only considered to be slight.

The G80 is not pcie 2.0 compliant and not that is does anything for performace.

If you're holding out for futures then good luck. Meanwhile I wouldn't worry too much about your video card futures you might want to get a better CPU.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

As I said in my previous post I have roughly the same card as you only with the AGP. The solution for me was re install the game in a diff folder and set it as you would normally. (graphics setting that is)

I then ran the game and it worked fine without any big drops in frames! I then copied the conf.ini file to my origional install and it was fine also! I previously had a NVidea card and think this made a change in the conf.ini that i didn't notice.

Hope this helps.
Mike
Old 09-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Approved Member

Default Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyigz View Post
Hi!

I have that videocard as in title, with 512mb ram, a64 x2 4400+, 2gb ddr2 800.
But i have poor fps in game. In the most of scenarios, i get maximum 50fps(what is not too high for this card), even if i turn down graphics to minimum, from maximum, and sometimes it drops below 20 fps, what is very annoying. But in some scenarios, like those single pacific island(there is a little island, japan base, and the usn attacking from aircraft carriers) carreer missions, my fps is between 30 and 10 fps, what is very low, if i set graphics to minimum, i can only get +10 fps, what is still not enough.

In opengl mode, this performance is more poor, so im playing in dx mode.

Sometimes it looks like it's slower than on my old athlon xp 3100+, 1gb ddr400, radeon9600pro config, what is really weird.

With my machine i can play oblivion, stalker, armed assault, with maximum setting, with 16AF, and with some aa, so i don't understand why il2 running so slow.
-------------------------
It could be the drivers.

If you can use the 7.11 drivers with the 3850, I would try that.

With the x1950 card, the 7.11Cats work best (smooth, fast, full settings...)

Latest Rig
P4E 3.4 HT
Corsair 2Gb 3200 Dual Channel
Asus P4p800E Deluxe
WD Sata 250
Sblive
x1950Pro 256 (MAX Settings!) (No Cat AI)
1440x900
HDTV 32" (As close to lifelike you can get)
Pedals, Hotas, TIR
Surround Sound
Freqn Awesome

GF

I'll build a new rig after SOW is released.

http://theghostfiles.org

Widest view selected
http://theghostfiles.org/WideViews1.html

Last edited by GhostFiles; 09-19-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: added Wide View Link
Old 09-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Got the same card a few days ago. After some reinstalling I managed to get the driver wright. But when I start the game in OPENGL mode, I have just 1fps when I'm in the main menu (the screen with all the buttons etc).
When switched to directX runs very good, but the graphix are bugga :s

Anyone familiar with this problem?
Old 10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

Well i cant nit get the 260 GTX to work in perfect mode above 15fps, my advice dont get this card for IL2.

In saying that, all new games run 100%