Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, good example!

This was in various online-gaming magazines a few weeks ago. The NoCD-Patch solved an issue with the copy-protection and some guy from UBI thought this would be the easiest way to get around that problem and uploaded the crack on the UBI-Servers.

It was the Crack 1:1, so it was no piracy. They just changed the name, according to the articles.

Nevertheless, it cost the guy at UBI his job and he will also have juristical consequences, because the crack does not only modify copyright protected stuff from UBI but also from the company who developed the copy-protection.

So I couldn't agree more: Double standards and a lot more complicated than doing something, because it's fun and you have the tools to do so.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
Yeah, good example!

This was in various online-gaming magazines a few weeks ago. The NoCD-Patch solved an issue with the copy-protection and some guy from UBI thought this would be the easiest way to get around that problem and uploaded the crack on the UBI-Servers.

It was the Crack 1:1, so it was no piracy. They just changed the name, according to the articles.

Nevertheless, it cost the guy at UBI his job and he will also have juristical consequences, because the crack does not only modify copyright protected stuff from UBI but also from the company who developed the copy-protection.

So I couldn't agree more: Double standards and a lot more complicated than doing something, because it's fun and you have the tools to do so.
Oh! And I got banned for five days for mentioning the afore mentioned crack in a supprt forum on this very site. This despite owning every incarnation of the game ever made. Bought IL2 Complete Edition supposedly the complete IL2 and a month later they release 1946 lol...
So how you guys can talk about it unchecked for so long is amazing

And the only thing that would have helped the guy was the afore mentioned unmentionable which you have mentioned

Last edited by Bobb4; 08-19-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb4 View Post
Oh! And I got banned for five days for mentioning the afore mentioned crack in a supprt forum on this very site. This despite owning every incarnation of the game ever made. Bought IL2 Complete Edition supposedly the complete IL2 and a month later they release 1946 lol...
So how you guys can talk about it unchecked for so long is amazing

And the only thing that would have helped the guy was the afore mentioned unmentionable which you have mentioned
Indeed.

On the other hand, I'd prefer a 5 day ban over losing my job and being prosecuted for software piracy.

Besides, number of copies bought was never a good argument. I bought the complete version for 5 of my friends, just to find out a month later that 1946 was a standalone-version - LOL.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb4 View Post
ROFL

I think it a bit harsh to get banned over something that was public knowledge.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080818jk View Post
金港瑞丰(北京)科技发展有限公司是专 业致力于网络电话技术窔发、网络电话推广的高新技术企业,络电话是国内新一代网络即时通讯事业的倡 者和市场开拓先锋。网络电话我们一贯以不斪提高客户的满意度作 公司发展壮大的檸心重点,网络电话以快捷高效的服务质量为差异化竞争 势网络电话
That's EXACTLY my point of view !!!!

Anybody could translate it, please ? Or is it just spam ?
Old 08-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080818jk View Post
金港瑞丰(北京)科技发展有限公司是专 业致力于网络电话技术窔发、网络电话推广的高新技术企业,络电话是国内新一代网络即时通讯事业的倡 者和市场开拓先锋。网络电话我们一贯以不斪提高客户的满意度作 公司发展壮大的檸心重点,网络电话以快捷高效的服务质量为差异化竞争 势网络电话
He is basically explaining the square route or better known block philosophy of spam.
He is a naughty little spambot called Wall-E or what you feel like calling him.
Do not click when you see the little hand appear.